Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
my money problem...help?
    #2460709 - 03/22/04 05:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have this problem...whenever i get a hold of money for something (say it's to send a package to a friend over shroomery, that i owe to for a trade) and i spend it on something that grabs my attention. It seems like a stupid problem, but it is pretty serious. I am really really bad with money. I get 20 bucks for something important, and when i see weeed, or shrooms, or dmt, or dxm i get the urge to just spend the damn money. I spend it, have a profound experience, and then kick myself many times for having spent the money. Can anybody possibly help me? I want to stop all this really bad, but never find myself stopping. I really do try...peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: my money problem...help? [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2461112 - 03/22/04 07:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm often the same way. What I ended up doing is having my fiancee keep my debit card, so I can only get cash when I go to the bank directly and can't spend it via the VISA checkcard feature. So I'll have cash and know it's all I have unless I want to go all the way to my bank or ask my fiancee. Sounds almost childlike, I know, but it's helped a great deal.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: my money problem...help? [Re: valour]
    #2462747 - 03/23/04 04:06 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, i do that on lunches - alll the time, but recently i havent with only a few exceptions. No big spending anymore - no cd splurging.

Just Say No! and you know that.

All of us know that - we just need to tell ourselves no. So do it. Its up to you, You can buy or not buy. Feel guilty or not guilty.

Its up to you.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2462969 - 03/23/04 06:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well first I commend you for seeing the promblem and wanting(and hopefully trying) to fix it.

Second my advice might not be that great as I cant say I have ever had that promblem[end holier than though speech]

There is a simple way to fix the promblem
..realize that your honor is at stake
and that should change things immediately.

Something that keeps me straight with the money is writing out a budget.
Although it sounds like you are quite young and still living with your parents..so that might not be pertinent to you.

I hope you do change, I have no respect for some one whos eyes are bigger than there brain.
good luck

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: my money problem...help? [Re: shaggy101]
    #2463191 - 03/23/04 10:12 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well my friend, it's been a problem that i've had my whole life. Even as a lil one i was bad with money. Lol, i might even have gotten it from my fathers genes :wink:, because he is a bad spender as well. I truely am not searching for your respect either, as i try not to look to the outside (outside of myself that is) for self assurance or esteem. Thanks for the advice aswell...i think that yesterday (a really long, strange day) really taught me a lot. I actually thought that i had self control. Which i did to some extent, but not pertaining to money. I gained more self control, with the help of a couple of good friends. They are actually gonna help me out with this thoroughly, and help me get on my feet. Today is a new day, and i am gonna make some money. I am going to walk myself to the post office, and send off the package that i've been needing to send off for a long time. I hope people can forgive me for all of this, but i seriously was born with 'eyes bigger than my brain'. I've been called on it so many times, and i really AM going to change. Lately, i've been in love with life, and the only thing dragging me back is money. Maybe i should become buddhist and get rid of it all :laugh: Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2464374 - 03/23/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

i really AM going to change. Lately, i've been in love with life, and the only thing dragging me back is money. Maybe i should become buddhist and get rid of it all 

cool!
you seem like a good person.
I would say I didnt mean to offend you..but I kinda did :laugh:
In this life I have lied, cheated and stole....not to mention the woman, family and friends I have wronged, I have looked at myself numerous times and said "you know what? your a piece a shit"

But I still stand here and will call myself a honorable man.
If you can see your mistakes and learn from them,
therefore having the courage to be  honest with yourself,
then you have honor in my eyes, and there is nothing you cant face!

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2467649 - 03/24/04 02:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Do what has to be done 1st (eg... AS SOON AS YOU GET CASH!!)

Don't drop in to visit your mate Bob on the way to the Post Office, go there after.

Your honor is the most important thing you have (both to yourself and others). You are aware of your weakness, so don't give it any more opportunities to rob you of your honor.

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being