Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Another failed experiment
    #1565503 - 05/21/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I tried cultivating shrooms in crushed salvia divinorum. Very slow and weak mycelium growth and they eventually stopped altogether.

Just as all my other failed experiments, the failed jar contents were buried in a natural compost leaf pile in my backyard.

Other failed subtrates include:
Dried pipe tobacco
Cigarette tobacco
WBS with Tahitian Noni in place of water (I think it could work. I just got the ratio wrong)
WBS with Absinth in place of water. (It was allowed to evaporate for three days)
Crushed red pepper. (I was trying to see if I could get spicy shrooms. The carpophores were not noticably altered.)

I have a few other senseless experiments in the works at this time. I'll keep you updated.

To the guy that sent a PM asking why I waste supplies and spores with experiments: I have an excess. It's not really a waste and I like to play in my home lab. It entertains me and I cultivate for the fun. Not the high.

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Another failed experiment [Re: Ainasko]
    #1565604 - 05/21/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

stay tune

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Another failed experiment [Re: fugu]
    #1565635 - 05/21/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Don't stop experimenting if you have plenty of supplies. It's fun.

Have you tried:
mint shrooms?
colored shrooms?
tiny cakes?

List some more ideas that you have. I have a surplus at the moment as well.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Another failed experiment [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1566077 - 05/21/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Don't stop experimenting if you have plenty of supplies. It's fun.

Have you tried:
mint shrooms?
colored shrooms?
tiny cakes?

List some more ideas that you have. I have a surplus at the moment as well.

I started a post here a few weeks ago about my peppermint shrooms. Just add one tablespoon of peppermint extract per cup of water. It adds a delicate peppermint flavor.

I also tried coloring my shrooms by adding a bunch of food coloring, but didn't have much success. The stems were slightly tinted, but the caps remained their natural color. I tried altering the food coloring volume without success.

It appeared that much of the moisture of the actual carpophores was drawn from humidity and not substrate as demonstrated by the partially tinted stems and natural colored caps.

My follow up experiment was adding food coloring to my humidifier. The color was adsorbed by the stems and caps better, but not in the richness of color I was seeking.

This experiment proved the importance of maintaining optimum humidity levels. With this in mind, it would likely be possible to insert a flavor additive through humidity, but I couldn't come up a way that would not ruin a humdifier.

My only other experiments I currently have in mind are different substrates or chemical additives.

I have on order several stalks of Peruvian Torch and San Pedro cactus I'm going to to use as substrate.

My hypothesis is that there will be no significant alteration in potency or yield.

I'll keep you posted.

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#1566112 - 05/21/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry Ainasko. I read your post and that's where I got the idea. I just did not realize it was you that posted it. My bad. Oooopppseee.

I couldn't imagine using my T. Peruvanus or T. Pachanoi in such a manner. Please tell me that they were dead already.

here are some pics of mine:

The first four from left to right are T. Pachanoi and the last one is T. Peruvianus

That's from last year. Since then I've made cuttings and I have acquired more. I plan on posting pics in The Ethnobotanical Garden soon.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (05/21/03 01:40 PM)

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1566178 - 05/21/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm sorry Ainasko. I read your post and that's where I got the idea. I just did not realize it was you that posted it. My bad. Oooopppseee.

No worries. I've noticed that a few people here insist on credit for ideas and posts. I'm not one of them. Feel free to tell people it was your idea if you'd like. LOL

By the way, my name is Oksania. Ainasko is my name backwards.

Quote:

I couldn't imagine using my T. Peruvanus or T. Pachanoi in such a manner. Please tell me that they were dead already.

When I said I have some on order, I should have said that they were free. I just have to wait for them to arrive. They're kind of expensive. Had I paid for them or grown them myself, I doubt I'd waste them in such a way.

The good thing about being a girl is that people sometimes give you stuff.

I wanted to try to grow my own cacti a while back, but they didn't look exciting enough.

Oh, one more experiment I tried that failed miserably. Live bait worms as substrate. There was no way to PC live worms without killing them and I wanted them alive in the hopes of seeing them crawl through the mycelium, so I took my chances with contams. I rarely eat my shrooms anyway.

Every few days I would see little tufts of mycelium, but the worms quickly ate it. I wonder if they tripped.

I was going to try mashing up the worms as I'm sure they're very nutricious, but I went fishing instead. I caught nothing.

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#1566254 - 05/21/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I just use Ainasko because it's what everyone sees. When I was at your homepage (remember I PMed you) I noticed that it was your name spelled in reverse. Oksania sounds very different and interresting.

The cacti are exciting to grow because they grow so fast. Mine grow on average 1.5 ft/year. You can literally see the new growth on them every two or three days.

--------------------

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1566314 - 05/21/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Oksania sounds very different and interresting.

Dad was German. Mom is Russian. My name is Ukrainian. That was Grandpa.

Quote:

The cacti are exciting to grow because they grow so fast. Mine grow on average 1.5 ft/year. You can literally see the new growth on them every two or three days.

Maybe I didn't give the idea much of a chance. I'll probably try it sometime. How much are live plants?

Just out of curiosity, how much would one have to ingest to get a nice effect?

--------------------

OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
    #1566323 - 05/21/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, seeing as we're on the topic of cacti here, does anyone know of a reliable place to obtain cuttings off of a San Pedro or a Peyote cacti. I'd prefer one that I'd have to keep going for roughly 5-7 years (Anticipation on that would be great....).

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Another failed experiment [Re: BetMomIsProud]
    #1566485 - 05/21/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

...does anyone know of a reliable place to obtain cuttings off of a San Pedro or a Peyote cacti. ...

Peyote is illegal to order or posess so your only option is to find it wild. If you do find one wild, please leave it alone. It takes many years for them to grow and they are rare in the wild.

I've heard you can buy San Pedro at your local Target and Home Depot garden centers. I think I've seen them ther before, but they are only labeled as "Ornamental Cactus" and I don't know them well enough to be certain.

A simple search online should find you a few selling sources.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags