Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Lunar Eclipse * 4
    #15487244 -

Lunar Eclipse
Saturday night
Sunday morning
Should be beautiful
As usual

So if you are up
And outside
Without city lights all around
And even then maybe
You will see it

Imagine in days gone by
Many moons ago
How weird that must have been to see
A Lunar Eclipse


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15487273 -

thanks for the heads up, they can be seen easily, in the city, :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15487279 -

thank you for the heads up, I'll make in attempt to either stay up...or get up early, as I usually do.


--------------------
Eat Mushrooms----plug into life and nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15487320 -

Now do a thread about viewing an Orgone Conclusion...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15488115 -

Yes, according to space.com it is supposed to be quite a sight. Lack of recent volcanic activity combined with light bending around the atmosphere of the earth will color the moon bright red with some blue at the bottom, not to mention the moon will also be under the effect of an optical illusion that makes it appear much larger than normal. All of these things combined should make for quite a interesting sight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: thecake]
    #15488239 -

This works out great as i have an ugly sweater Christmas party Saturday night, lookin forward to seeing the moon more than the party.


--------------------
Eat Mushrooms----plug into life and nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15489438 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Now do a thread about viewing an Orgone Conclusion...



A pancake landing in the desert, scrambled egg dipping below the horizon; Steaming tendrils glisten...and then.. The wine dark sky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: thecake]
    #15489701 -

thecake said:
Yes, according to space.com it is supposed to be quite a sight. Lack of recent volcanic activity combined with light bending around the atmosphere of the earth will color the moon bright red with some blue at the bottom, not to mention the moon will also be under the effect of an optical illusion that makes it appear much larger than normal. All of these things combined should make for quite a interesting sight.




I believe it will be even more rare.  Some folk might even get the sight of seeing the sun and the moon at the same time.  I forget what the effect is called but Diploid would know and it's very rare.  I'll have my scope out and we have a good chance of clear skies here.

Besides the total eclipse, those awake just before dawn will see the  rare "selenelion" effect -- when both the sun and moon are visible on opposite horizons. That effect is counter-intuitive during an eclipse, when the sun and moon are in a perfectly straight line divided only by Earth.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Total-lunar-eclipse-will-bring-strange-sight-to-2390654.php#ixzz1g2mdxaZj

Edited by Icelander (12/09/11 06:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15489840 -

thats cool, people used to get really freaked out, you are rite...


--------------------
i love you !and look forward to shroomin wicha !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: Icelander]
    #15490461 -

This Website said:
The total eclipse will begin at 6:06 a.m. PST and last for 61 minutes, but Seattle sky-watchers will get their best view of the eclipse's early stages around 5 a.m. The best views will be from the top of a hill.




So Dec. 10th, 2011 at about 4:30am pst... I'm setting my alarm!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: thecake]
    #15490501 -



--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15494339 -

It's 5:12 AM  and I've just been outside watching it in a small telescope.  It's about a third darkened going from top to bottom.  The skies are perfectly clear and bright.  Haven't seen the space aliens that are causing this however but they're still time.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: Icelander]
    #15494988 -

I watched it from about 5:00AM to 6:00AM. It was not as bright red and colorful as I hoped it would be, but that makes sense because it was a shadow of red light...

Heres a picture of it that was on space.com.


Sadly the brightest moment of the eclipse was to be at 6:06AM, which was after I went back to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: thecake]
    #15499340 -

thecake said:
I watched it from about 5:00AM to 6:00AM. It was not as bright red and colorful as I hoped it would be, but that makes sense because it was a shadow of red light...

Heres a picture of it that was on space.com.


Sadly the brightest moment of the eclipse was to be at 6:06AM, which was after I went back to bed.



Sadly I am my usual complete fuck up and managed to miss it.  For some reason I thought it was Sunday morning not Saturday morning as advertised.  Well the "good" news is that it was misty nasty cold and you apparently couldn't see much.

The worst part is I proudly announced last night at the full poker table be sure to not miss the lunar eclipse.  They got a good laugh.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: thecake]
    #15499402 -

I watched most of it for almost two hours.  I did actually look best as it was beginning to lighten again and was closer to the horizon.  It was fairly red from where I was.  Not blood red or anything. This will be the last one before the world ends.  Glad I saw it.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (12/11/11 11:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lunar Eclipse [Re: Icelander]
    #15499430 -

Icelander said:
I watched most of it for almost two hours.  I did actually look best as it was beginning to lighten again and was closer to the horizon.  It was fairly red from where I was.  Not blood red or anything. This will be the last one before the world ends.  Glad I saw it.



Yea I'm glad someone saw it.  Like I said it happened to be super foggy misty and cold that AM and I can at least feel better I didn't stand out there and shiver for two hours.  I will probably miss the end of the world too but that may be for the better.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* question about lunar nodes the_phoenix 633 2 06/13/05 03:27 PM
by the_phoenix
* Lunar "Property" for Sale - Strip Mining the Moon.......
( 1 2 3 all )
PhanTomCat 2,648 41 05/10/07 12:20 AM
by Cracka_X
* total lunar eclipse tomorrow wednseday oct 27 ZippoZM 1,042 13 10/28/04 05:35 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Is Sockpuppeteering to be considered an art form??
( 1 2 all )
thecake 752 36 12/28/11 01:09 PM
by crkhd
* A Viable Approach for Ending the War on Druigs?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
thecake 5,656 136 12/24/11 07:51 PM
by Todcasil
* Where to buy the best tacos?
( 1 2 all )
thecake 1,079 24 12/27/11 08:08 PM
by Rahz
* Cooking Freshest chickens immaginable *DELETED* thecake 605 14 12/27/11 07:45 PM
by dustinthewind13
* How to best help in Liberia? *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
thecake 2,322 43 01/07/12 06:15 AM
by xFrockx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,049 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.