Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Not being a social construct.
    #15396861 -

Here's what I like about the Shroomery.  I can dispense with the social games of being nice and get a small window of experience of saying what I really think without all the social considerations. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't likely post here at all.

On the street I'd be getting into fights all the time. And at my age I'd lose a lot of them. :brucelee:

The Shroomery rocks:thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: Icelander]
    #15396934 -

:cool:


--------------------
..and may the zelda theme song be with you at all times, amen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: soldatheero]
    #15397005 -

Agreed and somehow forums with likeminded people makes up for less inhibited discussions.

Picking up exformation, tone heights, facial expressions, eye contact, body language and analysing another persons way of absorbing and digesting information makes up half of the fun aswell though.

All that observing and partaking is tiresome with all those unfiltered impressions not to speak of the monotonous situations one falls into when you have to sort out all the people that'd you get into fights with due to your blunt honesty :lol:

Use your age to your advantage and be that grumpy :kingcrankey:

:grin:

Edited by Beanhead (11/20/11 09:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: Beanhead]
    #15397035 -

Yes indeed.  Also I feel more comfortable telling truths about myself without censor.  I will never have to deal personally with anyone here and if I become uncomfortable with how much I have revealed I can leave the site forever if need be and be assured I will never have to face anyone.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: Icelander]
    #15397068 -

Quote:
  Also I feel more comfortable telling truths about myself without censor.  I will never have to deal personally with anyone here



Oh don't be so sure, how do you know I'm not seeking you?



--------------------
..and may the zelda theme song be with you at all times, amen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: soldatheero]
    #15397117 -

because you're lazy:grin:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: Icelander]
    #15397305 -

Beanhead said:
Agreed and somehow forums with likeminded people makes up for less inhibited discussions.

Picking up exformation, tone heights, facial expressions, eye contact, body language and analysing another persons way of absorbing and digesting information makes up half of the fun aswell though.

All that observing and partaking is tiresome with all those unfiltered impressions not to speak of the monotonous situations one falls into when you have to sort out all the people that'd you get into fights with due to your blunt honesty :lol:

Use your age to your advantage and be that grumpy :kingcrankey:

:grin:



I always feel like I am in high school on here.  Hall monitors and a clique.  Socially speaking it's a complete dud.  It reminds me why I don't like to "interact" with people I don't know and most of the ones I do.  I mean even people you "know" or think you know throw some wicked curve balls. 


Icelander said:
Here's what I like about the Shroomery.  I can dispense with the social games of being nice and get a small window of experience of saying what I really think without all the social considerations. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't likely post here at all.

On the street I'd be getting into fights all the time. And at my age I'd lose a lot of them. :brucelee:

The Shroomery rocks:thumbup:



How can one say what one really thinks even on here without social considerations?  Rules and monitors and peer pressure to be a part of the clique.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15397395 -

Boring topic and its not even totally true in psp, you cant flame... you can easily debate like here in real life, and better if your drunk and disgruntled in a shit bar on coke... I think its preffered just cause there are no cool emoticons irl and its easier to think a thought out


--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: Icelander]
    #15397620 -

I agree. I am one to avoid most confrontation in my daily interactions, and I can't stand people trying to get into an emotional yelling match with me which seems to be the vast majority of arguments that take place. It can even get to the point where such confrontations will make my heart rate sky rocket and impair my ability to think or speak.


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Not being a social construct. [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #15397639 -

How can one say what one really thinks even on here without social considerations?  Rules and monitors and peer pressure to be a part of the clique.


Don't really feel those pressures here.  Course there are some rules I have to follow but they usually don't even slow me down.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Social Construction of Race Alobar 1,071 16 08/31/05 10:37 AM
by crunchytoast
* hypothosis on the self construction of the S.E.L.F.
( 1 2 all )
atomikfunksoldier 2,189 21 06/23/03 03:32 AM
by Rhizoid
* Social SpecialEd 874 7 03/29/04 01:43 PM
by vade
* The science of social interaction.
( 1 2 all )
Larrythescaryrex 2,626 23 01/16/03 06:50 AM
by sirreal
* HipHop and social r/evolution
( 1 2 3 all )
atomikfunksoldier 4,528 54 06/01/03 04:53 PM
by Grav
* Breaking Social Norms SpecialEd 1,367 10 12/16/03 12:19 PM
by Phluck
* Social/Cultural Change
( 1 2 all )
Sclorch 2,660 27 04/12/05 11:22 PM
by Sclorch
* Overcoming social anxiety
( 1 2 all )
Grav 5,649 33 08/08/10 04:15 PM
by Poptart

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
504 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.