Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Best drug for social anxiety (help please)
    #1473375 - 04/19/03 02:10 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

Let me tell you a little about my problem. When i am around other people I just can't think about what their talking about all I think about is how i am going to react which is bad, and makes me not listen to anything their saying. I say very little (which I really hate becasue I know i can talk a whole lot) around people and am unable to express my real emotions. I have been working out non - stop for the last couple of days which is nice. i have been on Paxil which has had me feeling a bit better but i stopped that and now i am on niacinamide. is it true that I should take 4 pills a day of that for anxiety? I am only taking one but I still get that really nervous feeling.
I just want to stop this anxiety and start being me again. so I am asking you, from what I have written about my anxiety which group of anti-depressants or something different is right for me? Maybe you have been in my shoes before and could name something that has helped you out.
Thanks a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Mickel]
    #1473453 - 04/19/03 02:48 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

xanax

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: ]
    #1473479 - 04/19/03 02:56 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

what about valium would that change how i look at things differently even when I'm not on it?

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

#1473573 - 04/19/03 03:29 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

smoke some weed around people a few times and let yourself go..then ull realize all your doing is having a conversation,no pressure, and you wont need any drugs

--------------------
:stash: + :bong: = :smile:

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: DellComputers]
    #1473589 - 04/19/03 03:38 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

No actullay weed makes me more paranoid. I have smoked weed almost everyday for 2 years. When I am around people is when my anxiety gets the worst especially when I am smoking weed. I can't let go when everything is making me paranoid I need some sort of drug but don't know which one to choose.

Anonymous #1

#1473759 - 04/19/03 04:41 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

I used to be the same way a couple years ago so I know where you're coming from. I never took any prescription antidepressants, but I have used DXM in low doses for my anxiety to much success. I started smoking weed to lower my anxiety (someone's advice to me) but like you, all it did was make me feel ten times worse to be around other people. These days things are different for me, I have very little to no anxiety. It disappeared in a matter of months thanks to DXM. Now I can talk to anyone and do just about anything without feeling nervous. I can even go out in public stoned (*gasp*) and strike up a conversation with a stranger without a second thought. I recommend trying DXM at least once to see if it helps.

InvisibleAnand
AutisticShroomer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The netherlands
    #1473902 - 04/19/03 05:49 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

well i'm a somewhat Autistic guy.... i'm not social and i've never been Really social (internet = my social life) but had some anti-depressants and it never helped me...

weed got me more depressed than before but shrooms helped me some what i'm more social now but still don't talk much in groups

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Anand]
    #1473916 - 04/19/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

yeah dude i actually drank a bottle of Robo five times. I actually was doing it before school so I would be more social. That's sad. All it did was make me sick and I eventually threw up in school becasue of it. I did try it once at night and I was really social and felt like I could talk to anyone so it did help. I don't really like to drink that shit but can't you get it in powder or pills? I also did it again at night and did nothing except make the tv seem like it was right in front of my face when actuallty it was 10 feet away.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1474224 - 04/19/03 08:10 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

I went and saw a psychologist 3 times over three months and that rid me of my social anxiety. I find if I am anxious weed is the worst. That psychologist I saw actually does therapy by email! I don't know what that would be like, but I can see you could do it, because most of the benefit come from homework he gives you which you do by yourself. His name is dr ross menzies if you wanted to try that.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: enotake2]
    #1474235 - 04/19/03 08:15 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

how do I get a hold of his website or whatever? Help me out here

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1474261 - 04/19/03 08:25 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

Here you go.:) He's really good.

http://www.rossmenzies.com/

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #1475761 - 04/20/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

People are telling you to smoke weed.
I say try alcohol. I get oaranoid around others when im stonned, but drinking im more social.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1476473 - 04/20/03 01:02 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

No shit but alcohol lasts for 2 hours and I have no way of getting it becasuse I am under age. You gotta think about these things

OfflineJordo
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: USA
    #1477433 - 04/20/03 08:29 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah, Mickel, I have the same problem as you. It's very annoying and really takes control of your life. I have tried everything except for benzo's such as Xanax or Valium. I have heard good things about Xanax but it can also be addicting which would not be good.

I tried DXM once and now that I think of it it did make me really relaxed. Maybe I will try that some time for out in public. Thanks for the tip!

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
    #1479677 - 04/21/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

I used to be the same way a couple years ago so I know where you're coming from. I never took any prescription antidepressants, but I have used DXM in low doses for my anxiety to much success. I started smoking weed to lower my anxiety (someone's advice to me) but like you, all it did was make me feel ten times worse to be around other people. These days things are different for me, I have very little to no anxiety. It disappeared in a matter of months thanks to DXM. Now I can talk to anyone and do just about anything without feeling nervous. I can even go out in public stoned (*gasp*) and strike up a conversation with a stranger without a second thought. I recommend trying DXM at least once to see if it helps.

How much DXM did you drink a day/week

OfflineJordo
Psychonaut
Male

#1482376 - 04/22/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, Max, I would be interested in knowing the same as what Mickel is asking. Thanks!

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: Jordo]
    #1483410 - 04/22/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I definitly would NOT reccommend DXM for social anxiety... that's a fucking joke.

--------------------

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: the free thinker]
    #1483428 - 04/22/03 05:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

tell me why? then I will not call you fucking insane

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
    #1483642 - 04/22/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

DXM is not very good for you. I find it a lil more social than other psychedelics (in lower doses), but don't abuse it too much...

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

OfflineJordo
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Best drug for social anxiety (help please) [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #1485191 - 04/23/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Don't you think that DXM used in a lower dose would cause relaxation and sedation enough to help with anxiety? When I tried some I wasn't looking for hallucinations and I ended up smiling and calm for a good 5-6 hours off an above normal but low dose. I am sure it is not good for you in the long run but it may help in some cases. Anywho... What dosage do you recommend, Mickel?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale