Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNostic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms
    #13806167 - 01/18/11 03:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have read that some people have used Psilocybin Mushrooms in the treatment of cluster and migraine headaches. Has anybody experienced this firsthand?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemigraineur
Geezer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: Nostic]
    #13806230 - 01/18/11 04:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, this is why I started to grow my own. I use them at least once a week to abort my migraines and sometimes more. I take caffeine and aspirin first but if that does not work then I pull out the shrooms.

I tried sumitriptan first which is closely related to psilocybin but I had severe allergic reactions to it. Psilocybin works great though and better than any prescription medication doctors have ever given me.

Do you suffer from migraine or cluster headaches or both?

OfflineNostic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: migraineur]
    #13806292 - 01/18/11 05:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

My wife suffer from severe migraine headaches. She has been to many doctors and tried many treatments with little or no effect. The only drug that has temp. relief is the imigran injection. This has become hard to find and very costly in my country.

Do you use P.Cubensis and do you take them fresh or dry? What dosage would you recommend for a female with a body weight of 46kg?

Edited by Nostic (01/18/11 05:31 AM)

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer

#13806325 - 01/18/11 06:02 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I use psilocybe cubensis. I grow B+ but I have prints of others.

I take them dry and I put them into capsules which makes it easier for dosing and it means I don't have to put up with the horrible taste. It also makes them easier to carry around and it does not look as suspicious as carrying around bags of mushrooms. I store mine in an old supplement bottle and you can't tell the difference.

You need to play around with dosage to see what is right for your wife. I use a Cap M Quik device and size 000 caps. I normally take two capsules to abort a migraine. I weighed some capsules the other day after I made them and each weighed around 0.8 grams.

I use a food dehydrator to dry the mushrooms and I use a coffee/spice grinder to turn them into a powder for making capsules.

If you make a liquid culture from your spore print or spore syringe then your prints and spore syringes will go a lot further. Download this document for some liquid culture teks: http://shroomotopia.net/index.php?showtopic=8000

I started off making brown rice flour cakes (BRF) but you do not get as many mushrooms as you could using other methods. This is my favourite tek at the moment because the materials are easy to get and the method is easy too: http://www.shroomery.org/10858/How-to-do-Coir

I have started to take feverfew recently too to see if it helps reduce the frequency of my migraine attacks. I know others on this forum use it and they say it helps.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #13806487 - 01/18/11 08:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I get extreme reactions to fragrance and when exposed to perfume or after shave lotion, etc., I have an eye watering migraine the rest of the day until I get some sleep.  Mushrooms don't seem to help with this.

I also suffered from cluster headaches for years with no cure.  Psilocybe mushrooms do help prevent these, but I also noticed that since I started eating shiitake mushrooms with a meal at least three times a week, it's been nearly a year since I've had a cluster headache outbreak.  The cluster headaches were so bad they would drop me to my knees, and if I was driving, I'd have to get to the side of the road immediately until they stopped coming.

Perhaps the easiest way to get started so you can learn the life cycle of mushrooms and do it with the lowest cost is the brf tek.  You can get these going without a pressure cooker and they're also the fastest way to go from spores to fruits.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineNostic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #13806735 - 01/18/11 09:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

My wife`s symptoms are: daily headaches that will develop into a migraine within an hour if not treated. Sensitivity to light and sound. Nausea and sometimes vomiting. Extreme throbbing(usually unilateral). Burning of brain and neck area. Slight confusion and memory laps. Eyes watering and the feeling of eyes popping out. No aura.

My wife used to be be a competitive figure skater and are very sporty. Her migraines started when she was about 16 without the daily headaches. Her condition has gotten considerably worse over the pass few years. So far we have tried all preventative medication and diets but none worked.

I have just started cultivating Psilocybe mushrooms to treat her condition. I will post her treatment and results here.

Edited by Nostic (01/18/11 09:27 AM)

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer

#13806994 - 01/18/11 10:26 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

One of the things you could consider a bonus is if you have to take psilocybin mushrooms very frequently then your tolerance builds up and you don't get as high or you might not even notice a high at all. I thought the high was pretty cool at first but as I got more and more migraines I kinda got sick of the high as I just wanted to get on with my day and be able to drive or work. However, being high for a few hours sure beats being in pain for as many as three or four days at a time.

I have some quality of life now even if what people in our position do isn't legal.

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #13810624 - 01/18/11 08:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have Cluster and Migraine headaches.  I have used mushrooms for years for my clusters with some success.  For my migraines I don't have much luck and some times after a dose my migraines are much worse for a few days.
There are many reports that say they help for migraines so I would say give them a try and keep trying different doses.
  If you need help with dosing info or anything feel free to give me a pm.
CH

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: CH HELL]
    #13810845 - 01/18/11 09:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

For migraines I suggest you plant poppies in all your flower beds.  Five or six large pods in a cup of tea works wonders.  If you go with poppies, be sure to plant them all over the place, and especially keep them right out in the open so they don't look concealed.  If anyone asks, they came in a package of mixed flower seeds.

I also get migraines if I'm dehydrated, so drink plenty of water, but I'm sure you already know that.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#13810921 - 01/18/11 09:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I get acetaminophen with codine at the drug store.
Works wonders...they add a little caffeine but it's a good cocktail to kill a headache.

In Canada just ask at the counter.

In the U.S. I'm sure you'd have to grow poppies or something for the same effect.

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: Peterthinks]
    #13812455 - 01/19/11 04:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yup.  I live only ten miles from the Canada border and every trip we get a bottle or two of 222.  I prefer the version with aspirin.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

OfflineNostic
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13812602 - 01/19/11 05:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for all the advice. I have read that a migraine is caused by a serotonin storm. Psilocybin are chemical called tryptamines, like neurotransmitters such as serotonin, they bind to nerves in the same way. Indeed, arguably the most effective migraine drug, sumatriptan (Imitrex, or Imigran), which can also abort CH attacks, is chemically very similar.

Our experiment will be done with the knowledge of a GP friend as he is also very interested in the outcome.
We will start with a small daily dose of 400mg of freshly preserved mushroom.

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #13824479 - 01/21/11 02:43 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Nostic said
Quote:

My wife`s symptoms are: daily headaches that will develop into a migraine within an hour if not treated. Sensitivity to light and sound. Nausea and sometimes vomiting. Extreme throbbing(usually unilateral). Burning of brain and neck area. Slight confusion and memory laps. Eyes watering and the feeling of eyes popping out. No aura.

My wife used to be be a competitive figure skater and are very sporty. Her migraines started when she was about 16 without the daily headaches. Her condition has gotten considerably worse over the pass few years. So far we have tried all preventative medication and diets but none worked.

I have just started cultivating Psilocybe mushrooms to treat her condition. I will post her treatment and results here.

Very similar to my wife's story Nostic, she was a real good athlete like your Mr's and her migraine problem intensified aged 16.  I timed her around a track doing 800 and 1500 meter laps and she was only seconds of world record times and without even training for it, of course this gave her a headache.  If only we had known of this miracle mushroom cure!!! she would have had a much better stab at life.

Shes on daily dose of pizotifen -same as sumatripan.  Just after this christmas she tried doing without the pizotifen but didnt "feel right" she said.  I keep imploring her to take MORE psilocybin? it dont get real effective till 2g. :wink: but it really does work for my wife and she takes .5g of semilanceata every 2 weeks.

OfflineNostic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #13825437 - 01/21/11 11:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I am glad to get positive reports from people that has experience. I just wonder why it is not known or ignored by people in the medical field? It is well know that the best and safest treatment for ailments is produced by nature. If this works for my wife, In will probably become the biggest advocate for Psilocybin.

Edited by Nostic (01/21/11 11:19 AM)

InvisibleMonkeyKnifeFight
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13825653 - 01/21/11 12:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well probably for the same reason cannabis is categorized as a substance with no medicinal uses in the US.  Because it's hard for pharmaceutical companies to convince you to buy their pills when you can easily produce a substance at home that works better. 

One might also wonder why we (in the US at least) took a 40 year break from researching the use of psychedelics for treatment of various conditions even though most research I've seen shows nothing but promising results.

OfflineNostic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: MonkeyKnifeFight]
    #13825744 - 01/21/11 12:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You are certainly spot on. It is all about protecting profits but I am sure the internet will change that in future. My experiment will be very detailed and hope that it will help others soon.

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer

#13826343 - 01/21/11 02:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, it sucks how it's illegal. I was given various drugs that I had bad reactions to. I had a terrible reaction to sumitriptan which made me take a week off work (twice). I was given anti depressants which made my mouth dry, made me really tired and killed my sex drive. They didn't work either although I felt apathetic. However, the worst drug I was given was Topamax because it's got a black box warning that says it can cause suicidal thoughts. I had to wake up family members and get them to stay with me for a couple of nights until that shit wore off. The funny thing is that the neurologist and GP didn't approve of me taking psilocybin and they were shocked yet they give me a drug that makes me want to kill myself.

Stay away from Topaxmax! It can also make your skin separate from your body too = /

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #13826501 - 01/21/11 02:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fantasticfungus said:
Nostic said
Quote:

Very similar to my wife's story Nostic, she was a real good athlete like your Mr's and her migraine problem intensified aged 16.  I timed her around a track doing 800 and 1500 meter laps and she was only seconds of world record times and without even training for it, of course this gave her a headache.  If only we had known of this miracle mushroom cure!!! she would have had a much better stab at life.

Shes on daily dose of pizotifen -same as sumatripan.  Just after this christmas she tried doing without the pizotifen but didnt "feel right" she said.  I keep imploring her to take MORE psilocybin? it dont get real effective till 2g. :wink: but it really does work for my wife and she takes .5g of semilanceata every 2 weeks.

I can not stress enough how bad triptans are.  I was put on a daily dose also and it made things soooo much worse for me,  I was taking 8-10 injections a day(I should have died) because I was getting rebound headaches when it wore off.  Try to get your wife to stay off the triptans for a week and do a larger dose,  I completely understand it is hard to stay away from the triptan drugs because of the instant relief but it blocks most of the good affects of the mushrooms.
CH

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: Treatment of migraine headaches with Psilocybin Mushrooms [Re: CH HELL]
    #13830087 - 01/22/11 02:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yep CH HELL I know it!  Wife's been on pizotifen 20 years, it did fight her headaches though, but it also stupefied her too, made her sleep ridiculous hours and I guess that was part of the attraction because if your asleep you have escaped your headache misery.

You wouldn't believe what its been like all this time with this vile thing hanging over us as we tried to live our lives.  Its there all the time and sure enough I'm worrying about wife's condition constantly: yet I couldn't even talk about it to her, simply doing so would bring on an attack.  I didnt understand the kinds of effects she was experiencing: all I would see is wife periodically poleaxed by this thing at any moment in time and completely unpredictably.  I started getting auras myself (about 20 years ago, but strangely with no pain): mentioning it to wife or describing it was a No.NO. and I would be castigated for causing her to have an attack by making her think about her headaches!  I must say that 'aura' is grossly unpleasant, the blank holes in vision and zigzags are not aesthetic at all and are completely different to the beautiful visions seen during psycadelic intoxication.

There was a prescription drug called Methysergide that was based on some psycadelic chemical.  It did help fighting vascular headaches but unfortunately after six months it would start killing you with many nasty diseases as a side effect.  The medicine men should have continued with there research on tryptamine irrespective of the chances of little financial gain due to these substances being natural and already existing in nature.

Good luck with your wife's treatment Nostic, it will be interesting to see how it goes, I wish her similar success as my wife.

OfflineNostic
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13831515 - 01/22/11 01:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you again. I have a couple of jars sitting at about 50%-70%. Hoping to start posting results in about 3 weeks from now.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order