Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineconphormant
Stranger
Loc: Oregon
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: Calimero]
    #567509 - 03/02/02 02:36 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have been getting gnarly headaches ever since I quit smoking herb. Anyone know if these go away? I've got about 21 days under my belt and before that I was smoking about 2 grams of kind a day.

--------------------
We are ghosts to ourselves as soon as we take the moment for granted. Troydank

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: Calimero]
    #568411 - 03/03/02 08:23 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Mine seemed to be a dull nagging headache that just never seemed to dissipate. I think it stemmed from my neck muscles always being tight, or my tendancy to grit my teeth all the time. Soma's work great at releaving the tightness in my neck, to bad I can not get a prescription for them. Excersise seemed to help out the headaches a little, but now i just smoke a lot of herb and I have not been bothered by them since.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #568590 - 03/03/02 12:10 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Were your headaches situated in the front, 'cause mine are. They also are of the 'dull nagging' kind. I'm almost starting to feel depressed because of them. I know I feel better when I smoke a lot of herb, but I'm also looking for other methods. Maybe I should get a vaporizer?

BTW, what are soma's?

P.S A doctor recently told me that my liver is very sensitive; he said it would be
better for me to never drink alcohol. According to him, the liver is very sensi-
tive to three different things, being alcohol, fat and emotions.

I know I'm chattering.

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

#571205 - 03/06/02 02:59 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone? Please

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
    #571564 - 03/06/02 12:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

SOMA's are prescription muscle relaxors. you only need one for the intented purpose, and if you take more, well tehy are fun but one day you may need them for their intended pupose and not have any. So if for some reason you get any type of prescription for the problem, use it responsibly.

PS. Being the stoner that I am I forgot that I was talking to this girl at a party last night (she must have packed up the bong about 6 times with some white widow) and we got into a conversation about NORML. Well anyways we got into a converstion about marijuana and its obvious medicinal uses. She began telling me about how she used to get really bad migraines all the time, and no matter what medications her doctor prescribed the migraines would not dissapear. She told me that she began smoking pot around this time, and noticed her headaches dissappeared. When returning to her doctor for the next checkup she told him that her headaches had began to subside, and by this time she was not getting them anymore (does not get them anymore either), but she did not tell him that she had begun smoking weed. She said her doctor was surprised to hear the headaches had disappeared, and told her that "sometimes they just go away". I don't think tehy just went away. So smoke the dank if nothing else works.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

Edited by CuckoosNest (03/06/02 12:43 PM)

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #571690 - 03/06/02 03:24 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks man

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #572226 - 03/07/02 02:58 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Helps to cure pointless sanity

but what is sanity *music- DUN DUN DUHHHHHHHHH*

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
    #572557 - 03/07/02 02:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

No problem, I hope everything works out. I know how low the quality of life can be with a nagging headache all the time.

--------------------

Ken Kesey

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #572693 - 03/07/02 04:56 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

:-)

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: conphormant]
    #574148 - 03/09/02 10:19 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a link to a board for/by migraine sufferers about using Psilocybe mushrooms to treat debilitating headaches.

http://www.headachesupportgroups.com/shrooms/2001.htm

Many of them seem to feel that is is the best medication out there for the treatment of their condition.

It kind of interesting reading trip reports from a bunch of straight laced non dopers. None of them seem to be interested in "expanding their minds" They just want to stop their brains from trying to pop out of their sculls.

The doses are usually between a half and a third of that considered to be a recreational dose.Even with this small amount, many report overwhelming relief for several months.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #602130 - 04/08/02 11:18 AM (22 years, 13 days ago)

Actually, they are not migrainueurs, but "clusterheads". They (I am one of them) suffer from a syndrome known as Cluster Headaches, also called Suicide Headaches, Horton's Syndrome, and Acute Paroxysmal Hemicrania.

Psilocybin and LSD both work astonishingly well to treat these headaches. It is almost miraculous. You can't even begin to imagine the incredible relief of going from literally wanting to commit suicide several times a day for months or years at a stretch to being completely pain free. Medical texts describe the pain from cluster headaches as being the worst pain known to man: comparable to having a limb amputated without anesthesia, or delivering a breech-birth baby without anesthesia. Female clusterheads with children have stated over and over again that they would rather give birth unmedicated than endure a cluster headache. They didn't get the name "Suicide Headaches" for nothing. Some clusterheads have committed suicide rather than continue to endure the pain.

Interestingly, Marijuana, even kind bud, actually makes them worse. In some cases it has no effect, but for the majority of clusterheads, weed is a "trigger" for the pain.

Migraineurs also report relief from psilocybin and LSD. There were a few studies done on the use of sub-hallucinogenic doses of LSD in the Sixties, before LSD was criminalized. The standard dose used to achieve relief was 25 micrograms.

The most fascinating thing about using psychedelics to treat cluster headaches is that the psychedelic stops pain from occuring not just during the "trip", but also for as long as a year after the dose. This indicates that the psychedelic is not just substituting for a lack of a specific neurotransmitter, or adjusting the balance of neurotransmitters while it is in the bloodstream, but that it is actually "resetting" some kind of neurochemical regulating mechanism back to its normal state.

There is evidence that clusterheads have a defective hypothalamus, an area in the brain that is the "master regulator" of the seronin production in the brain. As most of us know, psilocin is chemically virtually identical to serotonin.

It would appear that the similarity between the two molecules is close enough that the psilocin molecule is able to occupy the receptor sites in the synapses that would normally be occupied by serotonin molecules. BUT... since it is a slightly different shape than a serotonin molecule, the signal it sends up the synaptic pathway is slightly different from that sent by a serotonin molecule.

One of the results of this slightly different signal is the familiar psychedelic mode of perception. But another result appears to be a message to the hypothalamus to stop fucking around and behave itself properly. The hypothalamus listens, resets itself, and the cluster headache "cycle" is terminated.

It's sort of like giving an old tube-style defective radio a sharp whack when it starts to drift off station. The radio resets itself, and you get beautiful clear reception... for a while. Eventually, because it is defective, it will drift off station again and need another slap. Same thing happens with the hypothalamus of a clusterhead. Sooner or later, the hypothalamus drifts "off-station" again, and another dose of psilocybin or LSD is required to reset it.

This is why I got back into mushroom cultivation after a twenty-three year hiatus... not because I wanted to trip (though I have no objection to tripping... I ate a LOT of LSD in the late Sixties and early Seventies), but because it is the most effective way of controlling an extremely debilitating neurological condition.

So... do psilocybin mushrooms have a legitimate medical purpose? Damn straight they do! Too bad the DEA will throw you in jail if you use them medicinally. And I for one DO NOT want to endure a four to six month cluster cycle while in prison.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: Phred]
    #603610 - 04/09/02 06:34 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Have you heard of any results from anyone using them to treat migraines?

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

#604191 - 04/10/02 10:35 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

If I remember correctly, the only reports I have seen on Erowid were written by people suffering from Clusterheadaches. I'm not entirely positive though

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #605161 - 04/11/02 08:31 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

They work for migraines, too, although the remission period is variable. Some migraineurs report months of relief, others just weeks.

One trick that works VERY well for a lot of migraineurs is to put a fairly small piece of dried shroom under the tongue, occasionally nibbling and sucking on it, then tucking it under the tongue again. Some have reported relief from pretty small pieces: roughly the size of a pencil eraser.

There was one report of a migraineur getting relief from merely handling the mushrooms. She was dicing up pieces to make a tea for her clusterhead husband, and her migraine vanished. She said she felt a bit "strange" as well. She hasn't had a migraine since -- it has been several months now.

Is that weird or what?

pinky

--------------------

OfflineBenjaben92
Stranger

Loc: Hawaii
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: Catzeye]
    #20827572 - 11/12/14 03:50 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Have you experimented with drinking green tea during the nausea?

--------------------
Think globally, act fungally

InvisibleJuiceh
Dabbing All Day
 User Gallery

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: Benjaben92]
    #20827794 - 11/12/14 04:35 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Trade List

How I make 15 lbs of casing in a 941. How I line 12 shoeboxes with 1 39gal bag. How I Deep Fry Cubes!
RogerRabbit said:You need a bigger pressure cooker for this hobby. RR

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck