Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moderated
    #1375997 - 03/14/03 11:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be closing ODD for a short time this evening and assure you that it will return within a few hours. We are restructuring the forum to cut down on the absolutely ridiculous amount of redundant posts that are made, as well as potentially dangerous posts.

The new forum will require that all new posts be approved by a mod/admin before they become visible to the public. This has been discussed at length between the staff of this site, and we have concluded that this is the only way we can effectively control the content of the forum. During this new era of ODD, we will also be making a concentrated effort on beefing up our "Other Drugs FAQ" - including a new and broader range of information.

Make sure to check out the updated Welcome thread when the forum re-opens and feel free to address any questions, comments, or concerns here in this thread.

Have a good one

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moderated [Re: geokills]
    #1376334 - 03/14/03 01:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This whole moderating ODD thing is stupid...

OfflineLSD25
psycho

Loc: Bulgaria / USA
Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moderated [Re: TinMan]
    #1376353 - 03/14/03 01:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You guys are toooo paranoid, I mean WTF, a mod should approve every post?? It's getting wierd... but I guess you know what you're doing when you're doiing it heh :wink:

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moder [Re: geokills]
    #1376365 - 03/14/03 01:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is an awesome idea....
99% of posts can easily be found by the person asking the question within 10 minutes of research....
Give a man a fish....
or teach a man to fish....
:smile:

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moderated [Re: TinMan]
    #1376378 - 03/14/03 02:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

This whole moderating ODD thing is stupid...

You list under your name "RIP Ripper aka Brandon"

Can you not see the seriousness of the problems in that forum? People get bad advice, talking carelessly about drugs and their doses.

This isn't something casual like OTD, this is a forum dealin with some possibly dangerous drugs and that is something the mods want to work to make that forum a source of information instead of dangerous advice.

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South
Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moder [Re: Thor]
    #1376398 - 03/14/03 02:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well once again you gus must go and fuck up my world :P What was wrong with the way it was being done just a few days ago? I didnt see any dangerous information, and I rarely do. You guys have completely blown this shit out of proportion. Do you honestly think the contents of the ODD had anything to do with ripper's death? I mean damn, the kid wasn't a retard, he knew what he was doing. I understand that dangerous information could cause problems to less intelligent folk, but to even associate ripper's passing with the information in ODD is ridiculous in my opinion. I just don't understand why you are taking this extra step. It was running pretty smoothly the way it was. I do, however, understand your first step, but good lord guys, this is freakin ridiculous.

Anyhow, that is my opinion, and its your board so I guess it doesn't mean much. I just want my voice to be heard, as I am sure it reflects the thoughts of MANY of ODD's users. Please don't send me any ban threats just because of my opinion differences, like I have heard of some mods doing  :mad:

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moder [Re: RoKiSdEaD]
    #1376433 - 03/14/03 02:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Well once again you gus must go and fuck up my world :P What was wrong with the way it was being done just a few days ago? I didnt see any dangerous information, and I rarely do. You guys have completely blown this shit out of proportion. Do you honestly think the contents of the ODD had anything to do with ripper's death? I mean damn, the kid wasn't a retard, he knew what he was doing. I understand that dangerous information could cause problems to less intelligent folk, but to even associate ripper's passing with the information in ODD is ridiculous in my opinion. I just don't understand why you are taking this extra step. It was running pretty smoothly the way it was. I do, however, understand your first step, but good lord guys, this is freakin ridiculous.

Anyhow, that is my opinion, and its your board so I guess it doesn't mean much. I just want my voice to be heard, as I am sure it reflects the thoughts of MANY of ODD's users. Please don't send me any ban threats just because of my opinion differences, like I have heard of some mods doing  :mad: 

I am no longer an admin, nor even a mod here.. Soo ask the mods of that forum why it was changed.

Do you think your post wont go through? Do you think it will change much other than posts have to be previewed first to make sure they follow the guidelines?

I don't blame the forum on rippers death, never has anyone here at the shroomery thought that, it is silly.

If the mods of that forum; of whom are pretty wise and have a lot of experience with drugs say there has to be a change to fully moderated then I trust their judgement fully.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1376442 - 03/14/03 02:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yeah users opinions didn't matter to me, thats why there is even a ODD forum after I wanted it dead and gone right?

Jeesus, where do you get that the users opinions don't matter or are not listened too?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #1376445 - 03/14/03 02:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

great idea

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1376459 - 03/14/03 02:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with rock is dead. so all new posts will have to be reviewed first thats bullshit. sure the same ? gets asked plenty of times but you dont need to do this. what will happen in other forums here will this become the norm for all forums. i hang in the hunting forum alot and i see the same ?s repeated plenty of times no one has suggested anything like this. well its still your board no matter what i say and i will continue to post here. but you are definately blowing this up way to big. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moder [Re: blaze2]
    #1376465 - 03/14/03 02:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It is not my board, I am not an admin, this is/was not my decision.. I had nothing to do with it :smile:

Clear?

:grin:

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1376482 - 03/14/03 03:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i know its not your board i was talking about the shroomery as a whole i blame nothing on you thor:) peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#1376513 - 03/14/03 03:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I wasnt neccessarily aiming the whole post at you, Thor, I realize you are no longer an admin or mod here.

I know that the post that I make would go through a mod. But it seems to me like the community that was the other drugs forum is being turned into a bullshit "source of information". I miss the days when we could post about our experiences on various drugs, talk about whatever shit we wanted, as long it was about drugs... but now everything has to be labeled as "information". We can't just talk anymore, everything has to be strictly information.

I understand the need for moderation in this forum, don't get me wrong. But when EVERY post you make has to be seen by a mod before you make it, that is just pushing the envelope. What is gonna happen when someone's "friends" slip them datura and need the help of the ODD community(as has happened in the past)? Are the mods gonna sit there and screen the whole conversation both ways? That is insane. What happens when I am up at 6 in the morn (as I often am), and there are no mods online and I wanna post something? Noone sees it till the next day? What if I overdosed and need the help of the ODD community? I have to wait till a mod gets on to see that I have overdosed before anyone sees my post.

I know your just gonna say: post it in another forum. I guess that is OK. It just hurts me when you all are destroying the community I was so involved in and loved so much. Now where is my community gonna be? When I just wanna talk about drugs, but not really "information" about drugs, where the hell do I go? OTD? hahah. My community is not OTD, it WAS ODD.

Maybe I am overreacting, I am sure I am. I just really enjoyed that forum, and it has literally been destroyed. What happened to all the knowledeable folk that used to be in ODD? A lot of them quit posting there. (granted there are still many smart people there). This is just all ruining the sense of community in that forum, it is just sad for me, and others.

With the "my opinion doesnt mean much" comment, I was reffering to the vote that the shroomery users did for OD. And it got closed anyway. The majority ( a very large majority might I add) wanted it to stay. But they closed it anyway.

I am sure that my opinion counts a little, and I am thankful for that :smile: But you guys are gonna do what you are gonna do regardless of what people want sometimes, and that is all I meant.

To you Thor, apologies. I did not mean to sound so assaulting towards you. 

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#1376772 - 03/14/03 05:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey RoKiSdEaD,

I understand you are concerned for a forum which you held a lot of interest in and I will try to answer your questions and respond to your comments as best I can:

We can't just talk anymore, everything has to be strictly information.
In all honesty, one of our goals is to keep ODD strictly on topic - and while personal conversations and the like are fun, there is a place for them and that place is not ODD.  Try The Pub if you want some quality off-topic discussion :cool:

What is gonna happen when someone's "friends" slip them datura and need the help of the ODD community(as has happened in the past)?
We will not be allowing emergency threads regarding Overdose in ODD - however the mods and admins who happen across a post like this will advise the user directly via PM on the matter.  We are also working to put up some kind of informational document regarding contacts for poison control centers and where to go for medical help.  Since we are not staffed by medical professionals, we feel there are much better places these questions should be asked.  If you have an aversion to phones, then you can always post in the high-traffic OTD and wait for responces - but keep in mind that these are just personal and *not* professional opinions you will be receiving.

What happens when I am up at 6 in the morn (as I often am), and there are no mods online and I wanna post something?
We have surprisingly good coverage on our ODD forum, and I think you'll see that it really isn't that big of a burden.  Sure, it may be delayed for short periods of time, maybe even an hour or two - but the idea is to slow down the forum so people take more time to read the posts, and less time re-posting topics that have already been discussed.

What if I overdosed and need the help of the ODD community?
As previously stated, we are not the place to turn for medical advice.  We will have emergency service #'s listed soon.

What happened to all the knowledeable folk that used to be in ODD? A lot of them quit posting there.
While I can't speak for all... I have spoken to some of our most knowledgeable ODD posters (believe it or not I've even corresponded with Murple) and I get the impression these users have left because of the negative turn the forum has taken over the past year.  Too much redundancy and misinformation will turn anyone away eventually.

So I'm just asking that you give it a shot before you knock it.  It will be a change no doubt - but ultimately it will be for the betterment of this community.  It will help the ODD forum to serve its purpose that much better - to help educate the masses and provide for stimulating conversation regarding substances and the theories surrounding them.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1376775 - 03/14/03 05:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is not addressed to any in particular:

I read every word typed in the ODD forum, if anyone tries's to tell me that no misinformation or dangerous advice is given there; well they obviously don't read the forum much. Or they don?t understand dangerous advice when they hear it. There are a few of us here with a bit of experience and we are reading this stuff every day. This is the best that we could come up with.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Edited by Ripple1958 (03/14/03 05:43 PM)

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moderated [Re: Thor]
    #1376781 - 03/14/03 05:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

All true Thor !!!!

how have you been?

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Other Drugs Discussion: Temporarily Closed & Fully Moder [Re: Ripple]
    #1376819 - 03/14/03 06:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I understand dangerous advice when I hear it. I am not saying that there is no misinformation or bad information given in ODD, but how often do you see stupid ass advice like that without someone stepping in and correcting them? I know when I see something that is not right (dosage, whatever), that I try to provide the correct information, and most of the other users here do also. You guys are letting a few retarded freaking apples spoil the whole bunch. I have a bit of experience myself Ripple1958, and while I dont read EVERY single post, I read a lot, probaly most of them, and rarely is there a time that misinformation is not corrected,in my experience, however, I may be wrong, since I am not a mod and not on top of things constantly.Though I do stay pretty up to date.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#1376843 - 03/14/03 06:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Your concern is appreciated, but can you honestly say that full moderation is a bad thing?  I understand your concern regarding the community aspect of the forum - but have you tried out The Pub?  Those are nice friendly people, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind some light hearted drug discussion mingled in with the many other interesting conversations that transpire.  The mods of the forum are in agreement on this issue, and since they are the ones that have to deal with it day in day out, I think their opinion should be respected.

By the way, the new forum is open for business! :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#1376857 - 03/14/03 06:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

We will not be allowing emergency threads regarding Overdose in ODD - however the mods and admins who happen across a post like this will advise the user directly via PM on the matter. We are also working to put up some kind of informational document regarding contacts for poison control centers and where to go for medical help. Since we are not staffed by medical professionals, we feel there are much better places these questions should be asked. If you have an aversion to phones, then you can always post in the high-traffic OTD and wait for responces - but keep in mind that these are just personal and *not* professional opinions you will be receiving.

Why is this? Do the mods have some sort of helping ability not available to the normal users? Why don't we get a chnace to help out people in distress? If I recall correctly, Ripple1958 sure did become a mod FAST after he helped that guy out with the datura. So now you are denying the users oppurtunitties such as this to help others. I, personally, and a lot of other users, want to be able to help other people.

Quote:

What if I overdosed and need the help of the ODD community?
As previously stated, we are not the place to turn for medical advice. We will have emergency service #'s listed soon.

I'm not talking about lethal overdoses here, I am talking about very very uncomfortable experiences where you want to talk to someone that you KNOW has been through the same thing as you are going through.

Other than that... I guess you covered my questions and concerns pretty well geokills. Still, I don't agree with what is going on, but.... whatever.... there is no hope anyway. :frown:

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#1376871 - 03/14/03 06:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, if I can post about drug stuff in the pub than I guess I can live with this... If I post about drug stuff in the pub (not in depth or anything I relaize) and get locked, your in for it geokills :smile: j/k

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom