Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
would this work?
    #1367381 - 03/11/03 07:50 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

i want to save the time of doing the jars my ? is if i make a shit load of honey water then pasturize straw when the honey water is colonized can i just injuect the live mycelium from the honey water into a straw casing will it work also. when doing a casing of horse shit i found out that the shrooms are more potent growing from dung then growing on cakes. if i do a straw casing will the shrooms be more potent coming out of the straw as well jus liek the dung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYellowPurpleHills
Stranger
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: white_rabbit]
    #1367428 - 03/11/03 08:42 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

Loc: Colorado
Re: would this work? [Re: YellowPurpleHills]
    #1367448 - 03/11/03 09:17 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

I have heard different white rabbit, about the potency between grain/poop shrooms, but the fact of the matter is that we could sit here and argue till we are blue in the face and it wouldn't accomplish a damn thing.
I will however answer your question:
Quote:

can i just injuect the live mycelium from the honey water into a straw casing

yes
Quote:

will it work

possibly, remember in this hobby you are constantly fighting organisms striving to take over your substrate, and believe me there is a lot of things that will grow on wet straw. So my answer is yes as long as you can get it to colinise fast enough to keep competition to a minimum (in reality you would have better luck going from your honeywater to grain then onto your straw)
and lastly:
Quote:

if i do a straw casing will the shrooms be more potent coming out of the straw as well jus liek the dung

Like I said before about getting blue in the face. rumor has it that mushies are bigger but less potent on straw

Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
Re: would this work? [Re: SemperUbiSubUbi]
    #1368371 - 03/12/03 06:33 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

i got ya the only reason i say that it seems more potent is i did a horse dung casing of gt and at the saem time did cakes of gts and yes the horse dung shrooms came out extreamly big 1 mushroom dried out was 2 1/8ths i befor it dryed i cut it down the middle and i took both of them the gt coming out of hourse and gt coming out of a cake on 2 diff days and my trip off the dung shroom was so much more intence

Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
Re: would this work? [Re: white_rabbit]
    #1368412 - 03/12/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

ok srry i must of worded ths wrong i was asking if a straw grown mushie would be more potent then a cake mushie?
i know u get more potent stuff out of dung cause its got better stuff in it
would u say the level of potency would go least potent would be cake grown then straw then dung being the most potent

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order