Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebloo_sunshine
journeyman
Re: not very potent [Re: SixCee]
    #1105121 - 12/02/02 07:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I had this happen to me. Maybe it was just the flush? Later flushes turned out to be MUCH stronger than the other flushes. Just a thought  :cool:

--------------------
I do not regret the things ive done, but those i did not do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1105550 - 12/02/02 09:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sixcee 'When the veil breaks the mushroom has stopped producing psyilibin(sp??) and the mushroom will continue to grow and get bigger but the psychodelic content will remain the same. So 3g. of shrooms that were harvested right before the veil broke will make you trip harder than 3g of fully grown ones.'
Sorry but this is utter bullshit! Maybe you should try your own experiments regarding the potency of cubensis at differing points in their maturity instead of posting vendor bullshit from PF's site. Trust me there is no scientific or measurable evidence that indicates that the veil has any relevance to the alkaloid production of psilocybe cubensis. The fruits continue to produce alkaloids and reacting enzymes up until maturity and the production of spores.
Ask anyone who has grown cubensis many times and they will tell you that three grams of fully mature fruits will trip you just as hard as three semi-mature fruits.
Lastly different cubensis races lose their veil at different points in their maturity - B+ hold its right until the end, yet it is a cubensis with low potency.

--------------------

OfflineZarrr
La Cucharacha

#1105597 - 12/02/02 09:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My first crop of B+, I took 3 grams dried. Felt like about 6 or 7 of what I usually have, ego dissolution, insane visuals, the whole 9 yards. Everyone else taking them said basically the same thing and we're all relatively experienced. So I would call these very potent based on my experience. I'd like to know what you consider a potent strain to be like...

--------------------
---
Lick and Stick

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: not very potent [Re: Zarrr]
    #1105628 - 12/02/02 09:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've never had B+, but cambos were the most potent I've had so far.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: not very potent [Re: Zarrr]
    #1105646 - 12/02/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alright I'll take your word for it, you dont need to start cussing at me. It is just everyone else said that when I first got here so I beleived it.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: not very potent [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #1105655 - 12/02/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

please don't spread misinformation... It is a common myth that still persists, but has little basis in truth.
Only high temperatures will affect the potency of the mushrooms. Any temps about 110 Fahrenheit or below will not cause any "damage" to the psilocybin(e). There is a thread in the advanced forum that might be informative to look at. "On the subject of drying"
peace

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#1105712 - 12/02/02 10:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I wasnt cussing you - i was cussing what you posted...

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: not very potent [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1106679 - 12/03/02 09:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well its a fact that they have the best mass to potency ratio just before, or just after the veil breaks. I tripped pretty good on equadors grown on brf last weekend, and i only had mabye one and a half grams. Although i've never tried shrooms grown on millet.......hmmmmmmm........my jars will be vacant again soon..., you say they are noticabely more potent on millet?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1106683 - 12/03/02 09:52 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I disagree, they can be extremely potent if you use organic long grain brown rice and you grind it to flower yourself.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1106707 - 12/03/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"So 3g. of shrooms that were harvested right before the veil broke will make you trip harder than 3g of fully grown ones.'
Sorry but this is utter bullshit!"

You talk like a mycologist blue meanie, then you ask others to produce facts to convince you of our arguments. Well do your own research, and while your at it how about a reference to back your claim up, besides your opinion....
You may be right but what you say has no more validation than anyone else. I say 1g of young shroom is more potent than a gram of old because although it has the same alkaloid content it weighs more, and thus by weigh is less potent.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: not very potent [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1109154 - 12/04/02 03:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Your telling me that organic brown rice produces potent cubensis - but youve never grown mushrooms on millet. Therefore you cannot talk from experience. I am telling you that ive grown many times on brf, rye, rye grain, rye grass seed, manure, horse manure, straw and millet. Millet and straw were best - if youve never tried them, how can you comment?? If you think that brf makes great shrooms because PF says so, then that's fine, but im telling you that once you grow on millet you will have more potent psilocybes. Gartz did studies on alkaloid precursors that demonstrate the relative precursors in a variety of substrates. I can produce a variety of references if youd like.
The veil is a membrane that protects the developing basidia, spores and cystidia - nothing more. Some cubensis maintain a persistant veil, other lose their veil very early in maturity - I have not noted a major difference between these spore races and i know of noone who has relating to the persistance of the veil.
I should do my own research? Ive bioassay over twenty varieties of cubensis, four varieties of pan cyan, one variety of pan trop, ps.australiana, subaeruginosa, eucalypta, semilanceata, so i think ive established enough experience with psychoactive mushrooms for me to speak not from opinion but from experience. Alone Id say ive bioassayed cubensis varieties atleast 60 times and I KNOW that the veil has no relevance to the alkaloid production of psilocybe cubensis.
This concept was originally printed by PF.
If you ask Ralphster, Fortyounces, Roadkill, Angryshroom, Anno, Workman, Nighted, Boxtop and others versed in psilocybin intoxication in sure they will agree.
I find it always more valid to find my own conclusions from repeated experience, rather than reading something and after a few experiences determining that it is true.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1109652 - 12/04/02 10:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

whoa...........okay you misunderstand me.
      I can comment because i read everyone saying how unpotent they are, but from MY experiences these ones that ive grown are at least twice as potent as any mushroom ive bought.  Although i didnt know what type they were, from my related experience I can say that I think they are plenty potent. 
      Thats not saying that your wrong, just stating my point of view based on my experience.  I've spent weeks researching every site, like pf, and anything that comes up on a search, but only recently have I opened the doors to the arichive of knowledge known as the shroomery.  And im exposed to alot of controversial data!  I dont mean to discredit you, but your just some guy who has his point of view, until you tell me about all the research you did.  Suddenly i view you as learned hobbyist whose knowledge far surpasses my own and whom i may learn something from.  I believe you when you say millet grows more potent shrooms, its just i cant imagine much more potent than what ive tried!! 
      So the only conclusion I can think of would be if you send me a pm with a good millet tek, or i'll do my own search, but either way i want to see how potent these cubies can be!!  :grin:
      But i notice that you more experienced cultivators often over-react to posts that say something other than what you know to be true, we're all trying to help each other, but we need to keep an open mind as we are all learning....

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1109693 - 12/04/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

But i notice that you more experienced cultivators often over-react to posts that say something other than what you know to be true, we're all trying to help each other, but we need to keep an open mind as we are all learning....

Wrong, many of the experienced cultivators over-react when someone spreads misinformation. To put it in perspective, it'd be like you going to a math forum in which 2+2=4 is proven and accepted, and you saying 2+2=7. I agree that potency evaluation and mathematical equations are different, but its just an example.

With that said, heres a good millet tek (courtesy of 6T)

WBS Tek (Wild Bird Seed) Bulk Spawn Preparation Method.

WBS consists primarily of white millet. It is often a combination of white, red millet & milo, with a small percentage of sunflower seeds and sometimes tiny amounts of crushed corn. Some expensive brands are coated with a fungicide. For use as spawn material, treated WBS is not advisable.

You can find untreated WBS in 5 -10 & 20 pound bags, at low prices at most large chain grocery stores, or chain type pet supply stores. For instance, PetsMart has 40 pound bags for around $9.

Simply place whatever quantity you intend to use in a plastic pot, tub or bucket. Bear in mind, dry seed will expand about 20 to 25% - after it absorbs its capacity of water. Add tap water & soak the seed overnight. A 8 to 12 hour soak is fine. Seed soaked longer will begin to ferment. But, is still usable after soaking 24 to 36 hours.

There is no need to remove any floating husks, or sunflower seeds. These add lignin (a good thing) & do not harbor any more possible contams than does the millet. It is all going to get thoroughly sterilized - anyway.

Once soaked, simply rinse the seed very thoroughly in a colander, or strainer. Then allow it to drain - WELL. As in 30 or more minutes. If it is drips - one drop. It is not drained - WELL.

Load pint or quart jars ? full, apply internal filter disk, material, polyfil or whatever method you use allow gas exchange through a ? or 3/8 inch hole in the lid. Screw lid on tight & back it off ? turn. Place a double layer of paper coffee filters over the lid & jar top, held down by a thick rubber band. Place the jars in the PC.

PC at 15 pounds for a full 60 minutes. 90 minutes is better, if you have the time. Allow the PC pressure to drop to zero & let it cool a bit. Open while still hot & remove jars. The paper coffee filters will dry almost instantly, when the PC is opened. Tighten lids (if necessary), shake jars to insure there are no clumps of seed inside. Place jars inside the oven on a rack, to cool, overnight. External coffee filters simply add another layer of protection to the jars content.

Once cooled to room temperature, store in a clean cardboard box - until used. Using them sooner than later is preferable. Note: This method was done in an All American PC. Some brands with a weighted pressure system require more internal water & it may be advisable to also cover the coffee filters with tin foil while PC'ing, so no excess boiling water gains entry into the jars. Simply remove the tinfoil when you remove the jars from the PC.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: not very potent [Re: Skikid16]
    #1109790 - 12/04/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thanx alot for the tek....

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
    #1110021 - 12/04/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

do you just inoculate and incubate like normal?

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#1116421 - 12/06/02 06:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

More potent? Psilocybe Australian only requires about ten mature fruit to provide a extreme high level experience - now that's potency...

--------------------

Offlinedankcrop
unknown

#1116662 - 12/06/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I would also like to know what you guys think a good trip from a potent strain is supposed to be like, versus a weak trip. All the shrooms around here, that ive ever obtained, were shit..I wouldnt even have any visuals until 4 or 5 hours after ingestion, and this would only be in my pitch dark room, with a blacklight and some crayzee breakbeat music. prior to that i would only have like a permanet smile, and think everytrhing is hilarious. So i will be looking forward to my B+. And i hope its alot more than my previous shroom xpierence

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags