Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13524036 -

Seuss said:
> he certainly doesn't seem a theif in any way.

What do you call somebody that knowingly accepts stolen goods for profit?  I call them a thief.




I suppose I would too but I don't see how disclosing the information is stealing or recieving stolen property.

The US or whomever originaly held exclusive knowledge of the data is not deprived of any property: a) no material object is taken, b) they have no possesory rights to the data, per se

I do not believe disclosing the data is anything near stealing.  For that to be true it would have to be the government's property, which I don't see to be the case.


Seuss said:
> Either way my opinion is that messenger can not be guilty for message hes carrying.

So if I hack into a bank and steal your bank account and post it to the Nigerian Brotherhood, it isn't my fault that you get robbed blind... I'm just the messenger?



Yes, it is your fault, but you aren't a theif, that's for sure.  While it is essentially the same thing, you would only be guilty of the security breach and your intentional disclosure/facilitation of further fraud.

Telling the Nigerian Princes the info with the expectation or understanding that it will be used unlawfully is indeed wrongful, but this is not the situation here.  I've conceeded the inducement issue, similar to the situation you posit here, is one where he may be guilty, but the meer publishing of the data is not theft nor necessarily wrong or unlawful- it should be judged on the merits of the disclosure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: johnm214]
    #13524128 -

> a) no material object is taken

My understanding is that a database of information (intellectual property) was given to Wikileaks.  Call it a copyright infringement if you wish, or a violation of the DMCA, or industrial espionage, or whatever.

> For that to be true it would have to be the government's property, which I don't see to be the case.

It was the governments property.  If I have access to the US Governments secret designs for nuclear bombs, and I make a copy of those plans, and I give those plans to Syria, am I "just a messenger" or am I guilty of a crime?

> but the meer publishing of the data is not theft nor necessarily wrong or unlawful-

Ok, I agree, that since Wikileaks didn't actually take the data, they aren't the ones committing theft.  The soldier, or whoever did take the data, in my mind at least is guilty of theft (among other crimes).  It doesn't matter that he copied data rather than taking a physical object, it is still theft.  Wikileaks accepted the data, knowing that the data was stolen, which is also a crime (receiving stolen property).


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13524232 -

Are the innocent civilians and other casualties of war, also property of US or someone? We wold never knew about them if there was not for this 'thief'.
Yes we can call it a crime - receiving stolen property. Bottom line is, this whole thing may not be according to law, but I am sure many would agree with me, many of the laws are bullshit. Designed only to improve money flow.
US is as it is. And what image of it we see on TV or on internet, do not change the facts. They did hide that there were many civilian casualties. And whether wikileaks or any other organization did disclose this fact, we have opportunity to do something about it.


--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

I've never faked a sarcasm in my life. True story.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13524297 -

Seuss said:
> a) no material object is taken

My understanding is that a database of information (intellectual property) was given to Wikileaks.  Call it a copyright infringement if you wish, or a violation of the DMCA, or industrial espionage, or whatever. 



But it isn't a copyright violation simply by that fact.  In general the government's information is not copyrighted provided it was produced by someone in public employ or for the government.  See:  17 USC sec 105:

Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government, but the United States Government is not precluded from receiving and holding copyrights transferred to it by assignment, bequest, or otherwise.

That's a pretty big jump to just assume the material is copyrighted.  I would bet the info is not subject to copyright law, and in any case it is your burden to establish the contrary if you wish to claim he's violated the law.

Further, the DMCA doesn't seem to prohibit this conduct. I'm unaware of any provision that would be relevant here.  What specifically would you be citing?

The anticircumvention provisions, if this is what you refer to, apply to technical means of property control, rather than physical obstructions such as locked drawers and security measures, and even then only apply to material which is copyrighted, so is therefore of no help that I can see to your case.


Quote:
> For that to be true it would have to be the government's property, which I don't see to be the case.

It was the governments property.  If I have access to the US Governments secret designs for nuclear bombs, and I make a copy of those plans, and I give those plans to Syria, am I "just a messenger" or am I guilty of a crime?



I didn't make the messenger distinction, and don't buy it.

But yes, you are guilty of a crime, but not because you gave them the information itself, but because you disclosed classified information your had official access to, or facilitated the same.  In accepting a US government security clearnace in exchange for the consideration of employment and access to data you forfeit some rights normally held, just as when you voluntarily seek employment by the government you may be limited in what you can talk about on the job or what you can wear, et cet.

If you had access to the data outside of a security clearance and were not spying for Syria, in which case you would have had to have the attorney general's permission to be in the country in the first place, et cet, then, no, this act of telling them the info wouldn't by-itself constitute a crime. 

(As an example relevant to your hypothetical, in the US v The Progressive, the magazine which was to publish details of the Teller Ulam design refused offers of security clearances during the pendancy of the case, as such would have limited their ability to publish.  Since they obtained their details on the classified design lawfully, they were under no restriction in publishing, and the US's injunction was denied, if interested, the decision denying the same is here:  http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/comm/free_speech/progressive.html)

Julian Assange does not have a security clearance and thus has not violated the terms thereof.  Furtherm, it does not appear he has spied on the US or illegally entered installations or otherwise obtained data unlawfully.  Simply stating information you have independantly obtained does not violate US law, it is protected speech in all but the most narrow of cases- eminent lawless action, and whatnot.  This has nothing to do with the Constitutionality of prosecuting those who spy or otherise accept clearances and then violate the terms thereof, or who burglarize/illegally obtain government information.

Quote:
> but the meer publishing of the data is not theft nor necessarily wrong or unlawful-

Ok, I agree, that since Wikileaks didn't actually take the data, they aren't the ones committing theft.  The soldier, or whoever did take the data, in my mind at least is guilty of theft (among other crimes).  It doesn't matter that he copied data rather than taking a physical object, it is still theft.  Wikileaks accepted the data, knowing that the data was stolen, which is also a crime (receiving stolen property).



edit:  I think I misread what you were saying here.  Of course I agree the person who aquired the data almost certainly commited a crime in doing so- likely someone who had legitimate access to it and unlawfully copied/transfered it to wikileaks.  Whatever the crime would be called, I'm not trying to defend that action /edit

It is only theft if the government has a possesory interest in the data- if it is property.  This brings us back to the copyright matter, a matter I don't think is in your favor.  Of course, the recieving stolen property offense is itself dependant upon the data being stolen and it being property- neither of which I believe to be true per the law.

Edited by johnm214 (11/22/10 05:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: johnm214]
    #13526152 -

> See:  17 USC sec 105

This would get tricky and depend upon who actually wrote the database... a government employee or a civilian contractor.  However, I will cede this argument to you and move on to conspiracy of espionage.  String the bastard from a tree and let the birds pick over his rotting remains.  (Ok, I'm done... really... :wink:)


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13529951 -

I'm curious how folks, you specifically since I know your big on free speech, balance the issues of free speech vs security.


Why are you condemning this guy, and what would he have had to do differently to change?  What is the test to determine if something is protected speech vs theft, et cet?  Personally, I think the Supreme Court got it about right with the "imminent lawless action" test.


My main beef with Assange is the reported lack of thoroughness in vetting the info which left informants and other individuals identifiable.  The feds always seem to divulge their 'secret sources' one way or the other (i.e. the unabomber's brother, I feel bad for that guy; and about every other suspect in a notorious crime) and I feel bad for those Afghans who didn't know that and trusted the US govenrment- hopefully they won't face reprisals.


This is different then the pentagon papers case, but I really wonder what the line you can draw on inducement/conspiracy is?  How much different was Assange and the NYTimes?  Both expected classified info to be delivered to them in the future, I'm assuming.  That the main goal of Assange is to facilitate this process is a big difference- but should it matter?  I honestly don't know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: johnm214]
    #13530371 -

> balance the issues of free speech vs security.

When you get a security clearance, you sign a lifetime nondisclosure related to the material that you are working with.  Personally, I take this NDA very seriously.  We are trusted with information that others have died to protect, just as others have died to protect freedom of speech.  To violate this NDA is an insult to every person that has died for the country, just as restricting free speech is an insult to every person that has died for the country.  The NDA we sign is optional.  We give up our right to discuss certain information in return for the clearance.  To sign the NDA, take the information, then pass that information on without permission is the lowest of lows.  I'm anti death penalty, except in the case of treason as outlined in the US Constitution.  People that are proven guilty of passing on national security secrets should be hung and left to rot.  I have zero sympathy for those slime.

The only time I can forgive somebody for passing on classified information is in "whistle blower" scenarios.  Wikileaks originally started out in this fashion.  However, it is common knowledge that Assange has a huge grudge against the US government.  He is less worried about highlighting government abuses that are protected by inappropriately applied national security classifications than he is about making the government look bad at any cost.  For the former (exposing abuses) bravo.  For the later (who cares if people die, as long as the government looks bad), let him hang.

Edit:

I know that Assange never had a clearance and has not signed a NDA, etc.  However, he is enabling people that have.  I don't hold him responsible for their treason, but I do hold him responsible for not vetting the material that he releases.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13530407 -

JA I'm sure is just PR


--------------------
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13535503 -

Seuss said:
I know that Assange never had a clearance and has not signed a NDA, etc.  However, he is enabling people that have.  I don't hold him responsible for their treason, but I do hold him responsible for not vetting the material that he releases.





Ok, well this is pretty much my position as well, provided no case can be made that he intentionally induced espionage before the fact.  I think if he had given the US government a reasonable chance to object to the particulars in the proffered disclosure he would be much more defendable in his claims to seek to advance transparency and whistle blowing. 


The rub is: how do you distinguish a whistle blower from a security breach or good vs bad?  Pentagon papers- were these ok to leak and print?  What about the surveilance of Burmese anti-government protests and other illegal acts that seek to disclose the abuse of totalitarian regimes?  Especially when we're talking about the death penalty, this distinction is far from a trivial matter.

I tend to think the disclosures should be decided on their merits.  Basically I think the inspector general system is probably as good as you can do- get an independant agency with subpoena power and no dependancy on the agency it investigates to vet claims in a secure manner. 


Those that go outside this process face the consequences and should be judged on the merits- with popular political intervention in exceptional cases (such as the pentagon papers, for example, which I think hilighted a truth being actively lied about to a people funding and supporting the war).


Kind of how I feel about torture.  Ban it completely and the exceedingly rare ticking timebomb situations can be dealt with as exceptions.  Formal exceptions risk abuse- just as we've seen with the NSA wiretapping and the expansion of the scope of the Patriot act to all sorts of bullshit having nothing to do with the reasons advanced for its enactment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: johnm214]
    #13584403 -

Obviously the difference between a whistleblower and a security breach is who receives the information. A whistleblower gives the information to appropriate regulators and/or the public. A security breach gives the information to a selective party. Frankly, if anyone had any clue this information is just barely secret here. The person who is being charged for making the leak is young enough to be some people on this forum's grandchild. He had clearance to a centralized network of all sorts of low level classified information (which is dumb on so many levels). Perhaps he is legally at fault for causing the leak but you'll be hard pressed to find many people who understand what was leaked that would actually fault him. From a security standpoint though, I think I've seen better security at 7-11s than we are seeing around this barely classified information.

Wikileaks had made the mistake of leaking a few names of collaborators which were redacted quickly and has not leaked a single name since. I believe the government officials claiming that the warlogs are a threat to actual current security operations like I believe JWs that they have all the answers to my problems. Get real, they aren't going to tell the truth because they are more concerned with how the information within sways public opinion.

Further, as we have seen since the accusations resurfaced, INTERPOL has made a red notice for JA. Meaning that member countries are requested to arrest and extradite him but not required. Oddly this contravenes with INTERPOL's mandate:
Quote:
n order to maintain as politically neutral a role as possible, Interpol's constitution forbids its involvement in crimes that do not overlap several member countries,[3] or in any political, military, religious, or racial crimes.[4] Its work focuses primarily on public safety, terrorism, organized crime, crimes against humanity, environmental crime, genocide, war crimes, piracy, illicit drug production, drug trafficking, weapons smuggling, human trafficking, money laundering, child pornography, white-collar crime, computer crime, intellectual property crime and corruption.



But the cherry on top of these allegations and how far they have been pressed is:
Quote:
A former attorney for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has revealed that the sex assault allegations against Assange in Sweden center around his allegedly not using a condom. James Catlin says Assange has been accused of not using a condom during consensual sex with the two accusers. Catlin says Sweden’s justice system is likely to become "the laughingstock of the world" if the case proceeds. An international arrest warrant was issued for Assange this week.



I mean wow. If that doesn't prove US diplomatic coercion was used to achieve this outcome I don't know what does. I mean short of someone actually leaking the recent diplomatic cables to prove it, there is no doubt that this was achieved through diplomatic coercion. Assange is in the UK and has left many methods for the Swedish government to talk to him including asking them if he should come in when he was in Sweden. Here is his attorney appearing on democracy now to explain the status of Assange's attempts to resolve the issue.

So, if the US government can coherence governments and international bodies into action. As not just shown by the above events but also viewable in the information released in the diplomatic cables just recently. What makes you think they couldn't gag an american newspaper like the NYT to put wikileaks in a negligent light. Frankly I don't believe the US government or the NYT when they say that no exchange took place or was supposed to take place. But ya know what, it doesn't really matter anyway because if such an exchange did take place it would be a courtesy and not an obligation on the part of wikileaks.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: ScavengerType]
    #13584527 -

> Obviously the difference between a whistleblower and a security breach is who receives the information.

I would think 'who' is irrelevant and 'what' is the only difference.  Obviously, this isn't as obvious as you would like to pretend.

For example, I have information that shows a US Senator had somebody killed to hide an affair she was having.  It doesn't matter if I tell the police, the news, or your mother, this is an example of whistleblowing.  Instead, I have classified plans on how a nuclear reactor is protected.  It doesn't matter who I tell, the police, the news, or your mother, this is not an example of whistleblowing.  It is the 'what' rather than the 'who' that matters.

> I mean short of someone actually leaking the recent diplomatic cables to prove it, there is no doubt that this was achieved through diplomatic coercion.

I don't know the facts of the case any more than you do.  European courts have a history of thumbing their nose at US requests.  I find it unlikely that Sweden would all the sudden start bowing down to the almighty US in this case.  Even if they have, it should become very apparent once the facts of the case become public.

> Assange is in the UK and has left many methods for the Swedish government to talk to him including asking them if he should come in when he was in Sweden.

That isn't how it works.  You don't get to decide when and how you talk to the police when they want to question you about alleged crimes.  Assange is not above the law, regardless of what his ego would like to believe.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13585953 -

Seuss said:
For example, I have information that shows a US Senator had somebody killed to hide an affair she was having.  It doesn't matter if I tell the police, the news, or your mother, this is an example of whistleblowing.  Instead, I have classified plans on how a nuclear reactor is protected.



Well, I accepted the fact that the information had to show harm or impropriety as a given (which many of the wikileaks documents have).
However, who you tell is important. If you tell my mom and she doesn't tell anyone or do anything or have the time to deal with your nonsense. That's not wistleblowing, you have to inform people who are affected by it and can do something about the impropriety, harm or crime.

Quote:
I don't know the facts of the case any more than you do.  European courts have a history of thumbing their nose at US requests.  I find it unlikely that Sweden would all the sudden start bowing down to the almighty US in this case.  Even if they have, it should become very apparent once the facts of the case become public.



Does it sound more likely that a Swedish court independently decided the charges of having sex without a condom were not worth perusing only to wait almost three months to re-open them, dilly dally and not take him in for questioning. Then the prosecution gives him permission to leave the country where he leaves contact information through his lawyer and months later he is somehow put on a INTERPOL red notice (request for arrest and extradition) explicitly against the constitutional mandate of INTERPOL's operations. Does that sound like the most likely scenario?

Given the pirate bay trials where for "some reason" a judge with ties to the RIAA was able to sit the bench. I am skeptical of your claims that Sweden would naturally thumb it's nose at american diplomatic coercion and frankly given how ape-shit the US is going over this it is unlikely that only a little diplomatic coercion is being applied.

Quote:
That isn't how it works.  You don't get to decide when and how you talk to the police when they want to question you about alleged crimes.  Assange is not above the law, regardless of what his ego would like to believe.



Quote:
JENNIFER ROBINSON (one of his lawyers): Well, first, it’s important to note that Mr. Assange remained in Sweden for almost a month in order to clear his name. While he was in Sweden after the allegations came out, he was in touch with the prosecuting authorities and offered on numerous occasions to provide interview in order to clear his name. Those offers were not taken up by the police. Now, he obviously has had to travel for work and had meetings to attend. And in order to leave Sweden, he sought the specific permission of the prosecutor to leave, on the grounds that there was an outstanding investigation, and she gave that permission. So he left Sweden lawfully and without objection by the prosecuting authorities. Since that time, we have communicated through his Swedish counsel on numerous occasions offers to provide the answers to the questions that she may have through other means, through teleconference, through video link, by attending an embassy here in the U.K. to provide that information. And all of those offers were rejected. It’s also important to remember that the prosecutor has not once issued a formal summons for his interrogation. So, all of these communications have been informally. And in our view, it’s disproportionate to seek an arrest warrant when voluntary cooperation has been offered.



Well I don't know about the fascist USA but in Canada if someone is charged with a crime and tries on multiple occasions to clear the allegations but is not taken up on it and is given permission to leave the country, then they try to keep the prosecution and police's ability to communicate with them even as they work or whatever abroad. Issuing an international arrest warrant would be considered excessive.

Particularly when the charges are banging without a condom and the person in question is trying to remain secure from death threats. I mean unless he knowingly gave them the hiv, I don't see why this is an issue.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: ScavengerType]
    #13586059 -

Quote:
Does it sound more likely that a Swedish court independently decided the charges of having sex without a condom were not worth perusing only to wait almost three months to re-open them, dilly dally and not take him in for questioning.



As I said, I don't know many of the facts of the cases.  There are more than one charge, more than one alleged victim, and the charges are more than "having consensual sex without a condom" from what little I have read.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13587975 -

NYT aug 23
Quote:
“I don’t know what’s behind this,” he said. “But we have been warned that the Pentagon, for example, is thinking of deploying dirty tricks to ruin us. And I have also been warned about sex traps.”
...
But one of Mr. Assange’s close friends in Sweden, who said he had discussed the case in detail with Mr. Assange and one of the women, said he was “absolutely sure” that what was involved were personal animosities and grievances that flowed out of brief relationships Mr. Assange had with the women.

The man, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the delicacy of the issues, said that the volatile mix that led to the two women’s seeking criminal charges against Mr. Assange involved his celebrity in Sweden and the ill feelings that erupted when the two women discovered they had been competing for his attentions.



Here's an online summary of their statements. It clearly outlines the non-condom usage. One of the women also had political ties to the social democrat party. I found them quickly after googling "Assange condom". It's somewhat of a funny read.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: ScavengerType]
    #13588857 -

Again, I'm not really interested in the spin that Assange or his lawyer or his supporters decide will best help his case.  For all I know, he planned to rape a few women, and followed through with his plan, knowing that he could blame various countries governments as "out to get him" because of the soon to be released classified documents.  If he was planning this, or if he did do it without planning and decided to cover his ass, it would make sense for him to claim that he had inside information that the governments were going to blame him for sex acts. 

I refuse to belittle myself by coming to a conclusion of his guilt or innocence until the facts of the case are known, and if it makes it that far, until a jury of his peers hears his trial.  What I do know is that Sweden has asked him to come in for questioning, which he has refused to do.  Because of his refusal to appear for questioning, Sweden has issued an arrest warrant.  Beyond that, everything else is speculation, or propaganda.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13589210 -

lol at the made-up sex charges.

nothing will happen to assange.

at most he will be brought to trial for show, but won't be convicted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Grav]
    #13589366 -

> lol at the made-up sex charges.

How do you know they are made up?  Were you there?  Are you a witness?  Or are you speculating?


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13589754 -

Yes seuss you also refuse to read anything I linked to, otherwise you'd see why grav is amused. The summary of the police statements of the two women is here.

But, you've clearly shown you only want to hear what the prosecutor presents rather than the defense as well or the courts who made the police statements available.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: ScavengerType]
    #13589942 -

> Yes seuss you also refuse to read anything I linked

Correct.  It is pointless to speculate.  It is pointless to read others speculation.  I would prefer to not prejudice myself, unlike others, and come to a conclusion of guilt or innocence based upon incomplete evidence, speculation, media hyperbole, mud slinging, and propaganda.  The world would be a much better place to live if others were as considerate with their judgment.

> But, you've clearly shown you only want to hear what the prosecutor presents rather than the defense

No, I have clearly stated that I only want to hear what the JURY decides, should it go that far.  Until then, rather than speculate like the rest of you, I will refrain from deciding that he is guilty or innocent.  You castigate me for making up my mind, when I have clearly stated several times that I will wait and see rather than judge, yet you have already decided that the man is innocent.  Talk about hypocritical.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange, rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force. Go figure [Re: Seuss]
    #13590247 -

Quote:
No, I have clearly stated that I only want to hear what the JURY decides, should it go that far.  Until then, rather than speculate like the rest of you, I will refrain from deciding that he is guilty or innocent.



Quote:
I care more about evidence than circumstances.  As no evidence has been released to the public, I try to hold back judgment.  However, I do find it concerning that the claims against Assange were made by two different people.



First it's the courts havn't presented any evidence, then it's I won't make any judgments until the final verdict is in. Good thing that evidence submitted by the courts doesn't pre-date your claims that they havn't presented any, I bet that would just make you look like a fool or a liar. (check the date of the linked article to see the inside joke here)
The only thing more funny than your refusal to look at the facts is your belief that Swedish law tries by jury.
:lolsy:

I bet if this happened after climategate you'd read the witness statements or if they were damning to the defense you'd read them. That is to say I doubt you are a fool but rather think you are being disingenuous instead. However, I suppose they are not mutually exclusive.

It should be said that, I suspect that he may be guilty of not wearing a condom or even being somewhat chauvinistic in his attitude toward women. I do not think these are or should be crimes anywhere in the western world. Until I had found the details of the case I did suspect he may have guilty of the crimes and was worried of the implications for wikileaks.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (12/06/10 02:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Media eat up absurd rape story
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 4,034 24 07/16/06 04:46 PM
by zappaisgod
* Thousands Raped in Congo.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
The_Red_Crayon 4,093 66 08/19/05 08:57 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* Rape and Torture laissez faire style Xlea321 993 8 05/01/04 04:29 PM
by Xlea321
* Bush Given Authority To Sexually Torture American Children StroFun 1,277 5 09/30/06 05:33 PM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* Muslim Rape Epidemic in Sweden and Norway?Authorities Look the Other Way
( 1 2 all )
LSDempire 2,920 33 12/15/19 04:21 PM
by Sulfurshelfsean
* Interview with the woman Bush allegedly sexually assaulted
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
LearyfanS 7,813 92 07/24/03 08:14 AM
by Phred
* Talking About Kiddy Porn Illegal? DiploidM 1,066 3 03/28/07 08:50 AM
by Seuss
* Rape 'a weapon' in Sudan war
( 1 2 all )
question_for_joo 2,255 20 07/20/04 06:59 AM
by Innvertigo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
8,326 topic views. 1 members, 44 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.