Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #13116975 -

sorry RR i know its off subject but how much edibles do you produce with all your knowledge, experience and equipment, from electrical engineer to mushroom farming with all your knowledge, a farm sounds well like a lot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #13117334 -

boredcertified said:
Wish I could afford that.....



You can get the stove-top versions for MUCH cheaper, and judging from the reviews, they work VERY well. I think I only saw 1 negative review, and the dude was a total tool. Oh yeah, they're HERE.

Edited because I just read how much he paid for BOTH OF THEM? WTF? lucky mofo...


--------------------
I know you won't break the rules. There aren't any.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: squeeg]
    #13127931 -

Gee,  I am PC'ing 30 quarts of rye grain spawn (in spawn bags) as I type this.
Coming to you from the comfort of my own room while surfing the shroomery at the same time.
It's 90 degrees outside already and I am up in my room with my Steroclaves at 17 psi, AC blastin',

COLD AS ICE!  FUCK YEAH!  :derfase:
LM


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: hamloaf]
    #13130374 -

LiquidMyce said:
Gee,  I am PC'ing 30 quarts of rye grain spawn (in spawn bags) as I type this.
Coming to you from the comfort of my own room while surfing the shroomery at the same time.
It's 90 degrees outside already and I am up in my room with my Steroclaves at 17 psi, AC blastin',

COLD AS ICE!  FUCK YEAH!  :derfase:
LM



Sounds nice.

I joke with colleagues that I survive on caffeine and air conditioning.

Good job making a pleasant work area.

JD


--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #13168221 -

RogerRabbit said:
That's a great price.  I have four AA 75X sterilizers and they have no problem keeping up with making spawn for the farm.  I do the sawdust outside in drums, but the sterilizers are perfect for rye berries.  I've left the grains in them for three to four weeks after sterilization and there's still a vacuum!
RR



:highfive:

Yes it is. 

Brand new from Mycosupply, they are $517.95 a piece.
http://www.mycosupply.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=ALSS01

From another source they were $770.00 a piece.
http://www.cookingandcanning.net/allamelst25.html

Both brand new.

Was wondering about your drums.
Do you sterilize those amounts of sawdust daily?
If so, who does all the rinsing, soaking, and bagging of the sawdust?

Also yeah.
To confirm about the vacuum.
I fill my jars 95% of the way full with the grain I am utilizing at the moment.
When the jars come out of the steroclaves, the grains are condensed about 15-20 percent until shaken.

I have a question for you regarding the maintenance of the steam gauge.
How would you go about safely removing the cover to access and re gauge your pressure gauge needle?


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: hamloaf]
    #13168348 -

http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/mirro22qt.htm


this chinese peice of crap is what i have, it works, can fit 14 widemouth pint jars. i got a smaller presto one too. i want an all american, do they have all canadian lol.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 All American, 120 Volt 25 Quart Electric Steroclaves For Less Then The Price of One Thread. [Re: smurphy5000]
    #13168406 -

Have three presto 23's.



Just gave my Presto 22 quart deluxe to my brother.



Would trade all three of my P23's for just one AA 25x electric steroclave.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 All American, 120 Volt 25 Quart Electric Steroclaves For Less Then The Price of One Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #13168688 -

You make me feel lucky, as I was able to get an AA 25X
for $200 on eBay.  No way I could've afforded the list price!

(I loved the All Canadian idea ;0)

It heats itself.  If I could set a temperature, I'd quit my day job.

Anyway, 15 lbs is 15 lbs.

Take care,

JD


--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 All American, 120 Volt 25 Quart Electric Steroclaves For Less Then The Price of One Thread. [Re: Javadog]
    #13169831 -

I've had an AA pressure cooker for at least six years now - I think longer than that - and the metal to metal seal still works perfectly, as does everything else.  It works as if it were brand new.  Before I ponied up the cash for the All American, I had one of those prestos.  I remember having to replace the rubber gasket on the inside and that it sure wore out quickly!  Not so with the All American.  In all this time the only thing I had to replace was the emergency blowout valve, which cost all of two bucks or so.  For over six years of regular use, that's simply great - and the thing fits so much grain (popcorn's my favorite) it's almost ridiculous how much spawn you can make in just one go.

I'd certainly like to have a plug-in version - I wonder how those compare to the stovetop versions in terms of how quickly they heat up.  That said, I already have too much crap in my closets and all that...with the stovetop PC I can leave it outside on the porch and it doesn't matter if it gets rained or snowed on :smile:


--------------------


"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 All American, 120 Volt 25 Quart Electric Steroclaves For Less Then The Price of One Thread. [Re: the spiral]
    #13171509 -

I am just excited cause I picked up a 25x off ebay and now I am waiting for it to get here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 All American, 120 Volt 25 Quart Electric Steroclaves For Less Then The Price of One Thread. [Re: Damion5050]
    #13171591 -

I just scored a stove top 25x sterilizer for $52.00 with shipping included if you cam believe that. Got it here. I had the chance to get a electric one once but I thought it only ran 30 minuet cycles for some reason so I passed.

Well done on the find :thumbup: 2 of those beasts would be nice to have.

Edited by melius09 (09/09/10 05:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 All American, 120 Volt 25 Quart Electric Steroclaves For Less Then The Price of One Thread. [Re: Out Grow]
    #13172453 -

melius09 said:
I just scored a stove top 25x sterilizer for $52.00 with shipping included if you cam believe that. Got it here. I had the chance to get a electric one once but I thought it only ran 30 minuet cycles for some reason so I passed.

Well done on the find :thumbup: 2 of those beasts would be nice to have.



It appears I need to spend more time on eBay.


--------------------


"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: the spiral]
    #13189476 -

You got any suggestions on how to clean my new PC it has some build up in the bottom like it had water and or some sort of liquid sitting in it for awhile.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: Damion5050]
    #13189802 -

steel wool and soap


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: sandman420]
    #13189929 -

I got some simple green from the store I was gona get clr but it says not to use it on aluminum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: Damion5050]
    #13189951 -

Damion5050 said:
You got any suggestions on how to clean my new PC it has some build up in the bottom like it had water and or some sort of liquid sitting in it for awhile.



My advice is don't worry about it.  It's on the inside of the cooker where it's going to get water stains anyway.  Just clean it after using, but don't worry about the spit and polish routine.  It's a tool after all.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #13190013 -

Well I want to clean it really good before first use, It looks like it started to oxidize some.  It is my first all american and I got to kinda cheap so now I gota baby it a bit.  It does need a new lid handle as well as a gauge cause the current gauge doesnt work it is stuck at 5psi.


Also RR what is a good setting for a 25x for around 15 psi.  I mean all it has is high and low on the dial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: Damion5050]
    #13190196 -

I dunno.  I have several 75X sterilizers and they have infinite heat controls.  I set them to keep the gauge in the green, which is between 17 and 20 lbs.

If you want to remove oxidation or mineral stains, those green scouring pads work wonders.

In addition, clean and lube the mating surfaces with Vaseline before each use.  I'd also remove all the wing nuts, clean the threads and lube them with Vaseline before putting the wing nuts back on.  This will ensure it operates nice and smooth.  You can order a new gauge from AA.  I'd suggest getting a gauge, a few blowout plugs, a relief valve and a new toggle valve, just to have in stock.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #13190268 -

Actually to tell you the truth I was looking at replacing everything you just mentioned.  Here was my list



All American Sterilizer 65 Control Valve  $16.00

All American Sterilizer 72S Geared Steam Gauge  $15.00

All American Sterilizer 2050CS Excess Pressure Relief Valve  $30.00

All American Sterilizer 1010 Over Pressure Plug  $4.00


I was gona get all of that.  Basically it looks like the guy who owned it either dropped the lid and or dropped something on the lid cause all the visible damage so to speak is to the lid and accessories.  Like the handle and gauge are fucked up.  The handle was completely bent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No More Chinese PC for Daddy, [Re: Damion5050]
    #13190361 -

Check the mating surfaces for damage.  If he dropped in on the beveled edge, it won't seal properly and you'll need to send it to the factory for refinishing.  Have you brought it up to pressure yet?
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* All-American 21.5 QT Pressure Cookers on the cheap... Heterodox 989 6 06/23/04 02:27 PM
by Legoulash
* All American vs Presto Cookers ChiefThunderbong 2,427 7 08/18/03 05:15 PM
by calicyco
* Cultivation Techniques Elendil 1,571 11 01/09/02 05:40 AM
by Elendil
* Quart jars- Ok to sit for 24hrs before press.cook? quart_o_cunt 3,149 2 10/25/01 07:28 AM
by Teiro
* What type of yeild from Quart sized cakes? stoner2002 2,552 18 11/02/09 11:16 AM
by Bugs
* Quart Jar Suprise YellowSubmarine 1,686 5 12/02/02 02:28 AM
by YellowSubmarine
* Good Quart Jar Teks Anonymous 2,710 4 01/20/03 03:24 AM
by SixTango
* All-American VS. Presto PC???
( 1 2 all )
fidget 6,421 21 11/30/03 05:14 PM
by Cloud9

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,541 topic views. 11 members, 129 guests and 235 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.