Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Everybody loves Buckethead
    #13067753 -

Case in point:



How about you?

.
This Song...
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 08/18/10 05:51 AM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Asante]
    #13067840 -




Love him :yesnod:


--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Fisherman]
    #13067848 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Asante] * 1
    #13067850 -

I mean... It was okay, but nothing I'd go out of my way to download or go see live. Didn't hate it, didn't love it either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Gumby]
    #13067861 -

so many better and creative guitarists out there...hes alright.


--------------------
-_-_-_-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Asante]
    #13067878 -

I've seen Buckethead live before, he is really good at playing the guitar, but his music blows.  He doesn't have any soul at all, and jamming out to an ipod is mad lame btw.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: themostpurple]
    #13067899 -

themostpurple said:
so many better and creative guitarists out there...hes alright.



No way man.
Sure there may be technically better guitarists out there but no one can make music like buckethead does. He puts a lot of emotion in his music. He doesn't focus on ripping shit up or insane riffs, he just focuses on making the music that is within the heart.
I like how even though he seems like a soulless figure, never speaking, always wearing a mask for 20+ years, he makes songs dedicated to his family. Such as Aunt Suzie, Dear Mom, and Watching the boats with my dad.
His two best albums in my opinion are colma, and electric tears. I often turn those albums on when i'm high and just let the music take me away. Nothing else can do that for me quite like buckethead.


--------------------
Sex Drugs and Rock and Rave
letsgetsmashed&misbehave
on speed and weed and little e's
let's get high and talk to trees
Life's a trip and then you die
So FUCK this world
& Let's Get High

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Nativeinabush]
    #13067951 -

The dude is so prenentious he doesn't even get a real drummer.  All he does  is noodle and wail, and have a cheesy cicken gimmick.



It's like ICP for jamband bans.  Goofy hats, rubber chickens, drum machines with shitty samples.



The guys so full of himself he's too good for real bands.



And when he does try to do music with actual musicians, he fails miserabely.



Colonel claypools bucket of bullshit is one of the most annoying cds ever.  And I know he's part of countless other projects, so maybe I am putting my foot in my mouth, because I havent heard it all.........


But his solo shit is weak as fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Asante]
    #13068064 -

Meh.  I enjoyed him when I saw him live although that is most likely because he does the robot dance RIDICULOUSLY awesome.  His whole act is based around the mute button on his guitar.  If he didn't have that, he would not be noteworthy.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: All We Perceive]
    #13068221 -

All We Perceive said:
Meh.  I enjoyed him when I saw him live although that is most likely because he does the robot dance RIDICULOUSLY awesome.  His whole act is based around the mute button on his guitar.  If he didn't have that, he would not be noteworthy.



The kill switch? Yeah that definitely adds to the awesomeness that is buckethead.
But did you guys really listen to the songs in this thread? How can you pass that off as not good and not listen worthy? It is so beautiful and deep.


--------------------
Sex Drugs and Rock and Rave
letsgetsmashed&misbehave
on speed and weed and little e's
let's get high and talk to trees
Life's a trip and then you die
So FUCK this world
& Let's Get High

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Asante]
    #13068305 -

I love some of his stuff, and I hate some of his stuff....  And I haven't heard alot of it, there's so fuckin much out there...


I looove this one though:

Buckethead featuring Saul Williams - Three Fingers


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #13068320 -

"Buckethead" :lol:

wheres the lyrics?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: P-O]
    #13068363 -

Buckethead is insane at the guitar, but I don't really listen to his music. The only song I really listen to is whitewash.



Here's him live + dancing the robot with numbchucks :lol: wait for 0:25



Here's a Buckethead guitar lesson



And him slapping the bass



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: x Ju x]
    #13068510 -

This is pretty awesome :



Good musician,has some brilliant songs, but his music suffers from lone guitarist syndrome...it gets pretty repetitive...at least it seemed that way for me

And he seems pretty crazy...fuck...waering a bucket and a mask on your head for all that time?


--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: 13.step]
    #13068521 -

Yea i don't know I just can't get into the music. Just seems like there isn't any feeling or something just doesn't do it for me.


--------------------
mangmangmang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: zengarden66]
    #13068674 -

There's no arguing that his technical skill at guitar is stupidly good. That said, you can only get so far on technical skill alone. If I want to listen to just guitar, drums and bass, I'd much rather listen to any Hendrix composition over anything buckethead has written. Hendrix has emotion and soul. Buckethead is just stupidly good.

emotion and soul>>>>>>>>>>>>raw technical skill

:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: zengarden66]
    #13068705 -

The most fucked up song he has is definitely this. First vid is him "playing" it live. Second one is the actual song if you want to hear it better...although I doubt anyone will :lol:





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Asante]
    #13068755 -

He's really good at guitar.... but nothing he writes really sends chills down my spine or anything.

Most of his stuff is just a simple riff or hook with endless noodling over top of it, gets kind of old.

He's certainly got his own unique style. Just doesn't really do it for me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Everybody loves Buckethead [Re: Shroomism]
    #13068770 -

He didn't have the funeral on his chicken hat when I last saw him :sad:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Buckethead videos from Variety Playhouse: Atlanta ,GA deryl 1,332 5 04/04/06 10:04 PM
by blissedout
* buckethead?
( 1 2 all )
Nuggetpouch 2,950 20 03/08/08 03:03 AM
by DeathCompany
* Buckethead tour dates deryl 2,041 9 01/19/06 08:12 PM
by DeathCompany
* Buckethead! :O 5HTSynaptrip 1,481 15 12/30/08 06:09 AM
by 5HTSynaptrip
* thank you whoever mentioned buckethead the other day LloydChristmas 1,003 14 03/25/07 10:48 AM
by blissedout
* questions for shroomery guitarists
( 1 2 all )
beejay 3,416 26 11/17/04 06:11 PM
by abhi
* Ten Years After - "I'd Love To Change The World" (mp3) LearyfanS 2,382 8 06/30/04 09:07 PM
by Learyfan
* Your First Love
( 1 2 3 4 all )
CherryBomM 14,049 79 06/05/03 12:40 AM
by lucid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,307 topic views. 5 members, 128 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 19 queries.