Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

Re: VERY FAST COLONIZING SUBSTRATE RECIPIE!!!!!
    #13048 - 04/18/00 03:19 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Puffed Millet...Rice Crispies? I worked this over in my head, and I like the fact that it is quick colonizing...and the only reason I can find that it would differ is because being 'puffed' means that the millet/rice would have air trapped inside...perhaps this is a good way to keep an 'airy' substrate while also keeping it condensed.

Ish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunkyballoon
Pooh-Bah
Re: VERY FAST COLONIZING SUBSTRATE RECIPIE!!!!! [Re: Ishmael]
    #13050 - 04/18/00 03:41 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

I've found that the golden teacher strain is notoriously a slow colonizer on birdseed and rice substrates, whereas the B+ is as quick on them as golden teacher is on your new substrate formula.

That's why golden teachers are in my past. I like the B+ trips better anyways. A lot WEIRDER.

:biggrin:

Anonymous

#13051 - 04/18/00 03:41 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Yeah, good posts all; i would agree that the airier, the better(good rhizo's)..shrooms love millet(high nutrients) thats why the 'Alien substrate' works so good(it uses all the above)..Goodluck! Keep us posted.

------------------
"A good shroom is like a 'sore' peter...You just can't hardly beat it"

Anonymous

#13052 - 04/18/00 05:06 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

i've looked in Grow/Find and Links but can't find this Alien tek...anyone be able to help a lady out :wink:

Anonymous

#13053 - 04/18/00 05:11 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Anonymous

#13054 - 04/18/00 06:22 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

To find the alien substrate go to sporechicks.com and click on Resources. It should be listed there. I know there is an elaborate tek used with the substrate on the shroomery page, but I can't remember where.

OfflineWhoDaThunkIt
Stranger
    #13055 - 04/18/00 06:47 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject, but what's "Quinoa"?

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
    #13056 - 04/19/00 10:14 AM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Some stuff you get at the health food store. I think it helps your substraight form sticking together. I am not sure though.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#13057 - 04/19/00 10:24 AM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks for the feed back everyone. I do believe it has alot to do with the airy texture. Quinoa is a type of grain that looks like tiny finch seed but is more like rice. It is used in place of many grains and rice recipies. Very nutritious. It can be found at your local health food store in the grain section.

------------------
"IT's two in the morning.....Do you know where your flashlite and paper bag are?"

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinesunlaotao
    #13058 - 04/19/00 11:58 AM (24 years, 3 days ago)

"Quinoa is a wonderful grain that has just in the past few years been rediscovered. It was a staple in the diet of the ancient Inca Indians. Actually, quinoa is not really a grain. It is the dried fruit of the herb family Chenopodium. However, it looks like and acts like a grain, and so is used that way.
Quinoa is truly a "supergrain" because of the wonderful nutrition it offers. For minerals it contains more iron than other grains, has high levels of potassium, riboflavin, magnesium, zinc, copper, and folacin. As you mentioned, it is a great source of protein. Unlike other grains it contains plenty of the amino acid lysine, as well as the other essential amino acids, so it provides complete protein. It is a great kid food, not only because of these nutritional benefits, but because of its light, nutty flavor.
Some delicious ways to serve quinoa is in a pudding such as rice pudding, or as a hot cereal in the morning cooked in fruit juice and topped with nuts. Add it to soups or stews at the end of the cooking time, or make a cold grain salad out of cooked quinoa by adding raw or cooked veggies, herbs and tossing with a light dressing. Make quinoa pilaf with raisins, carrots, onion, and garlic.
Most grains will need to be combined with complimentary proteins such as nuts, beans, or dairy. However, another grain that will provide you with a complete source of protein is spelt. It is very popular in Europe, and in the U.S. it is now found in many breads. It is especially popular amongst those with a wheat allergy, since although it does contain gluten, it is extremely fragile so many wheat sensitive people can tolerate it. You may find some spelt products, such as breads and pastas at natural food stores.
Check out your local bookstore for cookbooks specializing in grains. You may find other grains to enjoy such as kamut, amaranth, and chia."

Some info I found on Yahoo a while back.

OfflineWhoDaThunkIt
Stranger
    #13060 - 04/19/00 04:24 PM (24 years, 2 days ago)

I have an old spore print of some Gulf Coast strain I got from Shroom_Wizard a long time ago. I tried growing, bombed, got discouraged, and now I'm considering giving it another go.
So, my question is, which substrate would you recommend for this strain? This puffed millet recipe, or Alien's? In your opinion, what would be the best way to go about fruiting from these substrates? Thanks.

Anonymous

#13061 - 04/19/00 04:35 PM (24 years, 2 days ago)

if you're looking for quinoa, it's pronounced keen-wa. when i asked for it at the fresh fields (organic produce store for yuppies) the lady looked at me funny.

Just a helpful hint,
sS

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/md/artie

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #13062 - 04/19/00 04:46 PM (24 years, 2 days ago)

go with alien's tek, it's a proven winner.
but get a different strain, many have been disappointed with the gulf coast, might well be part of the problem.
btw, alien, we archived your tek at DD even if it's not here.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinekeyzar
journeyman
    #13063 - 04/19/00 08:30 PM (24 years, 2 days ago)

your alien tek is in links/drugs/mushrooms

Anonymous

#13064 - 05/30/00 10:56 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

So I innoculated two pint jars oh, jeez, must be a month or more ago now with the millet quinoa mix, and it utterly stalled. I'm thorwing em out. kind of unimpressive experiment :frown:

Anonymous

#13065 - 06/01/00 04:11 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

so bluhoney did u ever get fruits from this tec

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #13066 - 06/01/00 06:09 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

CAPS LOCK. I dont like when people use ALL CAPS to grab my attention, because I feel like comping into the post and replying CAPITILIZED SWEAR WORDS! FUCK! SHIT! BITCH! ASS! BITCH! SHIT! FUCK!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinebluhoney
Female User Gallery

#13067 - 06/01/00 08:24 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

My friend had excellent results from that recipie and is trying the same recipie out on Mazatepac's now.

------------------
"IT's two in the morning.....Do you know where your flashlite and paper bag are?"

--------------------

Anonymous

#13068 - 06/04/00 04:34 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

yes quinoa is a very delicions staple food of mine....

in this recipe was it cooked? i'm sure it must be but not sure enough to not ask...

my cupourd is full of arrowhead mills cereal, i've stopped eating it because it's unhealthy, corn fed animals die when fed corn flakes or puffed corn, also bad for humans, so now must seek an alternate use,

Offlinebluhoney
Female User Gallery

#13069 - 06/04/00 09:28 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

No ingrediants were cooked before they were pressure cooked.

------------------

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale