Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Destruction by Overpopulation
    #13032004 -

Asimov: Democracy cannot survive overpopulation.

Human dignity cannot survive overpopulation.

Convenience and decency cannot survive overpopulation.

As you put more and more people into the world, the value of life not only declines, it disappears. It doesn't matter if someone dies. The more people there are, the less one individual matters.

Portugal. The Man lyrics:

All the soldiers say
"It'll be alright,
we may make it through the war
if we make it through the night."
All the people, they say:
"What a lovely day, yeah, we won the war.
May have lost a million men, but we've got a million more."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: Arden]
    #13032038 -

yeah. only the strong should survive.


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: Arden]
    #13032040 -

thank god for computers and anxiety.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: Konyap]
    #13032053 -

Quote:
thank god for computers and anxiety.



Implying what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: Arden]
    #13032059 -

Implying god created computers and anxiety.:snub:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: Arden]
    #13032063 -

i dont think technology today for consumers is nice on the mental logic or practicullarly helpful, everytime I watch live show's it looks as if the actors are aware of the truth like they're back in highschool or intermediate school....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: Konyap]
    #13032087 -

aiyobro said:
i dont think technology today for consumers is nice on the mental logic or practicullarly helpful, everytime I watch live show's it looks as if the actors are aware of the truth like they're back in highschool or intermediate school....



I'm not intentionally being rude, but I really don't understand what you mean here either.

How is technology (what kind specifically?) not helpful for consumers (what kind of consumers?)

The actors are aware of what "truth"? And what does high school or intermediate school have to do with anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: Arden]
    #13032402 -

Fortunately with the technology to create overpopulation, also comes the technology to destroy it.

That or humans will just follow the boom-bust population curve that all biological lifeforms do.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: twighead]
    #13032422 -

Or we'll colonize other worlds.:yoda:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13032491 -

blewmeanie said:
Or we'll colonize other worlds.:yoda:



I'm for this one.


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: propensity]
    #13032522 -

I've been struggling with this one. I've been getting really paranoid about what's been happening around the world lately and can't tell if it's just because I've started learning more about politics.

I've also started to really become too aware of how truly simple the general population. I knew they were dumb but I think I'm finally really grasping the severity.


--------------------
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: SillyBilly]
    #13032566 -

The average hunter/gatherer of the past 100,000 years works about 4 hours a day for 7 days a week.  That means 28 hours a week of total work.  With all our modern technology, the average person works 40+ hours a week.  The stress on our bodies and minds is palpable, technology does not always make our lives easier.

However, with advances in medicine, and with planetary diet slowly moving towards good diet and exercise, life spans are only going to get higher and higher.  By the year 2050, the worlds population is estimated to come in at about 9 billion people.  The world will be forced to move to veganism to support such a high population, and life spans will get even longer.

Interestingly enough, as already mentioned its my belief that technology will be the savior of our species and of Earth.  We will begin to colonize the oceans, the moon, and terraforming mars.  In my opinion anyway.


--------------------
A Temporal Anomaly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: OneWhoHasSeen]
    #13033216 -

it seems to me like its dictated we focus everything on shit that doesnt matter or has proved to be wrong, it seems like the rich keep themselves rich as long as they can with out any thanks for the living.  It feels like a lot of jobs are point less, the real jobs are scapegoats, and creativity is only limited to art and sports.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: twighead]
    #13033263 -

Quote:
twighead said:That or humans will just follow the boom-bust population curve that all biological lifeforms do.



I'm pretty sure this will happen. What're we almost at 7 billion people now? We're growing at an exponential rate. Eventually there won't be enough resources to support us and we will all be fucked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: McTwist]
    #13033275 -

What's interesting is that the US has been steadily growing at 3 million a year (about) for the last 40+ years, so if you think about it we are actually reducing our population or at least have it in some control. Though I don't think we are in the phase of reducing it drastically yet.


--------------------
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: SillyBilly]
    #13033293 -

I don't think the US population is one to worry as much at this point - our growth rate is fairly sustainable when compared to the amount of room utilized right now. Its places like Bangladesh, Africa, etc. with very high growth rates that are already very malnourished. Or places like Japan that are already extremely packed - but developed countries tend to have a much lower growth rate in comparison to third world.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: twighead]
    #13033334 -

Yeah, what has really concerned me is Zimbabwe or now the Peoples Republic of Congo(?). I was just on a less credible/trolly site explaining in a discussion about our countries silly antics when someone questioned why we were not in Africa yet I said we probably will be if we are not already, in regards to dealing with that shithead Mugabe. I just started informing myself on the contras and our political history since I'm taking a fed gov class and in the last probably 3 weeks I've learned a shit ton and a lot of stuff even my professor didn't know ( who has a PHD and a sister who's a prof at harvard).

This documentary if you have not seen it is very scary. http://documentaryheaven.com/mugabe-and-the-white-african/


--------------------
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: twighead]
    #13033367 -

The natural expansion of other populations, in my opinion, isn't comparable to humans because we are unique in continually developing amendments and modifications to natural laws--rendering us more resilient and adaptable. With that said, most of our modifications are enabling life span development and population growth but basically ignoring the long-term preservation of our species and our environment (and by environment I mean more than pretty flowers and recreational parks). This quality makes us look more like an out of control parasite than an intelligent species.

With that said, I don't think the whole doom and gloom outlook is tenable. My own beliefs for this are too long to get into, but I believe if nature favors novelty and complexity, then we are instrumental in that direction. I like the analogy of being caught in the birth canal, with the rest of nature having to endure the painful yet admirable role of being a mid-wife.

Still, the main point is that so many people (or a lot of "anything") de-values the meaning of the individual unit. Wandering from the faceless streets of Tokyo to the smiling corners of tiny Japanese villages is one example that comes to mind. In the animal kingdom, I think of the diliberation of large, solitary animals, compared to the the mindless, buzzing, simplistic behavior of 'herd' and 'swarm' collectives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: SillyBilly]
    #13033372 -

The main reason I don't think there are major US interventions in Africa right now I believe is mostly economic; they don't have the resources we want or need right now - and those that they do are not currently threatened :tongue: Of course we could see this change very quickly.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destruction by Overpopulation [Re: twighead]
    #13033418 -

When I think of Africa, even in all of its diversity and immensity, I think of laughing women and naked children running around playing.

When I think of America, I think of going, going, going, scrambling, scrambling, scrambling, climbing, climbing, climbing.

Both polarities suffer.

Yet, on the whole, both still find the time to dance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Overpopulation
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 7,710 88 01/14/10 06:28 PM
by samba_lightning
* Who wants to talk technological dystopian theory with me?! peepeepottypants 2,237 19 03/23/06 12:05 PM
by trendal
* Cell phones and kids. technology= Bad???? but i love my sexbox bigben042 2,168 15 10/11/09 04:29 AM
by Shroomism
* overpopulation
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
tak 7,848 80 05/02/08 05:19 PM
by Ferris
* Do you think people will simply just "die" when overpopulation occurs? FreedomForAll 1,145 11 07/17/09 06:10 PM
by suburbanned
* upper division intermediate statistics, how is it? Neuron 495 4 09/28/09 03:44 PM
by Neuron
* Weapons of Minimum Destruction Ravus 962 3 08/23/04 02:33 AM
by Le_Canard
* Word Scramble, anyone? zorbman 797 13 11/09/07 02:58 PM
by Newbie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,987 topic views. 7 members, 11 guests and 98 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.