Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Milk Thistle Extract, pH Test Strips, Probiotics, Spirulina

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
I believe I've found a good nutrient additive
    #1290569 - 02/08/03 09:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its called EnerPrime: http://www.impaxhealthprime.com/products/EnerPrime/enerprimeingredients.htm

I've been taking it for a few months now, but I have yet to try it on any mushies. Its a green powder; soluble in water.

Here are the specs:

EnerPrime Ingredients

Superfood Complex: Nature's Answer to Replenishing Vital Missing Nutrients
Hawaiian Spirulina: Contains 65% protein, higher than any other plant. Rich in vitamins and minerals, including the entire B-complex.

Green Barley Grass: A rich source of chlorophyll, magnesium, protein, and trace minerals. Also a powerful antioxidant.

Green Kamut Powder: An ancient grain from Egypt that has never been crossbred. Rich in chlorophyll, vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, riboflavin, thiamine and niacin.

Digestive and Cleansing Complex: Nature's Answer to Maximum Utilization of Nutrients
Jerusalem Artichoke Inulin Concentrate: A complex carbohydrate which has most of the physiologic effects of fiber. It is also pro-biotic, supporting the growth of good bacteria and reducing putrefactive substances in the intestine.

Dandelion Leaf Powder: One of nature's richest sources of beta-carotene. Used widely by herbalists for detoxification and digestive benefits.

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC): A superior form of the naturally occurring amino acid L-cysteine. Efficient precursor to the antioxidant glutathione, which assists the body in detoxification.

Milk Thistle Extract: An antioxidant long used for its potent protective substances.

Vegetarian Enzyme Complex: A proprietary formulation which allows EnerPrime to be utilized by the body. Supports the processing of foods in the intestine.

DGL Licorice Extract: Long used for its beneficial properties for the stomach.

Additional Support Nutrients
Vegetarian Sodium RNA: A pure source of RNA for cell nutrition, providing the building blocks for immune system cells to duplicate and increase in number.

Chromium Citrate: An essential mineral which supports the body's handling of dietary carbohydrates and assists in proper insulin utilization. The average American diet is chromium-deficient due to lack of chromium in our soil and a diet high in sugar. Physical activity can also increase the loss of chromium.

Rice Maltodextrin: A natural carbohydrate with a mild sweetness.

Natural Freeze-Dried Flavor: Derived from fruit.

Adaptogenic Complex: Nature's Answer to Counteracting Stress
Eleutherococcus (Siberian Ginseng) Extract: Supports the body's ability to respond and adapt to stress and function at a higher level. Used successfully by athletes to improve performance.

Reishi and Shiitake Mushroom Extract: Rich in phytonutrients which support the body's resistance system. It has long been used by Chinese Herbalists as a tonic to increase resistance to stress and increase vitality and longevity.

Antioxidant and Phytonutrient Complex: Nature's Anti-aging and Defense System
Isoflavone-Rich Tofu Powder: Contains unique phytonutrients, such as genistein, which are in the forefront of research for their tremendous health-promoting properties.

High Lycopene Tomato Concentrate: A rich source of phytonutrients, including lycopene, a carotenoid that is proving to be even more powerful than beta-carotene as an antioxidant.

Beta-Carotene (Vitamin A Precursor) and Carrot Powder: A rich source of alpha- and beta-carotenes, which are excellent antioxidants. Many scientists believe Americans are not getting adequate carotenes.

High Anthocyanin Grape Skin Extract: A potent antioxidant. Reinforces blood vessels, collagen and elastin in the skin. It may be responsible for the French paradox (where people who drink red wine have less heart disease, even though they consume higher amounts of saturated fat and have higher serum cholesterol levels).

High Allicin Potential Garlic Concentrate: Used since Biblical times for endurance and strength. Activated by water to form allicin, which has powerful antioxidant and cardiovascular-supportive properties.

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): A powerful antioxidant and necessary nutrient for many systems of the body. Studies of vitamin C and the common cold continue to show a decrease in duration and severity of symptoms with vitamin C supplementation.

Vitamin E (d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate): A natural form of vitamin E and an important antioxidant which is beneficial in protecting the body against damage caused by environmental and chemical pollutants.

Magnesium Citrate: Important for sugar metabolism and supporting bone health and density. Magnesium is often deficient due to the under-consumption of dark greens and other sources.

Potassium Citrate: Under consumed by Americans and often depleted due to overuse of sodium and caffeine. Works with sodium to regulate the body's water balance.

Rosemary Extract: A powerful natural antioxidant.

Zinc Citrate: Maintains proper concentration of vitamin E in the blood. Zinc also works closely with vitamin A.

L-Selenomethionine: An organic form of selenium and a vital antioxidant precursor when combined with vitamin E. Catalyst for the enzyme gluthathionine peroxidase.

Sodium Selenite: Works with L-selenomethionine and N-acetyl-L-cysteine.

It appears as though it may be acidic, and other than the fact that its GREEN, this seems to be the only drawback; correctable with a buffer or H2O2. I'd mix a teaspoon or so to every .5 pt jar if I were to try it.

I may just try innoculating a small amount with a few drops of spore solution just to see how mycelium like it, without actually making up cakes.

Your thoughts?

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1290579 - 02/08/03 09:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thoughts: Good Ideas, You Must Like Tying Too

OfflineBigJohnson

Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: pussycontrol]
    #1290582 - 02/08/03 09:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I love to try new things! That's what science is all about, no? :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
    #1290617 - 02/08/03 10:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

correct. like i said good Ideas, post something in the grow log if it works well.

InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

#1290640 - 02/08/03 10:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

45$ a bottle, Woah- U could make up quarts and quarts of jars for that price.

--------------------

Edited by SubGen1us (02/08/03 10:25 AM)

OfflineBigJohnson

Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1290679 - 02/08/03 10:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its expensive, but one can has like 200+ teaspoons. The can I have been using for myself has lasted quite a while.

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1290682 - 02/08/03 10:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It appears as though it may be acidic, and other than the fact that its GREEN, this seems to be the only drawback; correctable with a buffer or H2O2.

h2o2 is acidic itself

OfflineKrayzie
PsychotropicEuphoria

Loc: Garden of Weeden
Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: debianlinux]
    #1291117 - 02/08/03 02:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

not very though....it has a pH of what...like 7.6? :smirk: 

InvisibleDoseR
slacker
Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: Krayzie]
    #1291399 - 02/08/03 05:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted per User's Request

--------------------
Look at me! http://myspace.com/asininegenius

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1291499 - 02/08/03 06:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

CHECK YOUR PM's

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1294648 - 02/09/03 09:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've seen way stupider shit tossed off these boards. What has this to do with shrooms?

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: upupup]
    #1296517 - 02/10/03 01:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you can't see what it has to do with shrooms its probably best you keep your hostility to yourself.

For the sake of your question I'll spell it out to you. What does it have to do with shrooms?

Read the topic, "I believe I've found a good nutrient additive", so one might assume it has to do with ADDITIONS TO SUBSTRATE and hence healthier, perhaps more potent mushrooms..

I'm sorry if I've got you wrong here but this is the second thread in succession I find you unnecessarily posting lame comments. (Human Growth Formula etc was the other one). There is always one or two on this board who are only too happy to lay into anybody who asks a question they deem to be redundant or silly.

On to the topic at hand here:

The only real answer to what you are proposing is to try it. I have tried different additives but they didn't really do much noticably.

On a side note.

Being involved in bodybuilding I see a lot of bullshit claims about wonder substances and I don't necessarily think that this is much more than that. Just a warning, this stuff could very well be useless.. every bodybuilder has been burned by false claims about wonderherbs. Mainly because whilst the plant matter may be there the body probably won't uptake it into the system. I have no idea whether this is true in this case though. Testimonials on their site don't mean anything of course and the fact it is so expensive doesn't mean anything either.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: upupup]
    #1296550 - 02/10/03 01:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

could you please point out which part you think is stupid, and should be thrown out? Was it the nutritional breakdown?

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1296624 - 02/10/03 01:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

get on aim

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineBigJohnson

Re: I believe I've found a good nutrient additive [Re: Raadt]
    #1296632 - 02/10/03 01:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I agree that it needs to be tried. I made up a .5 pint jar of starch-water, by boiling potatos, and added a teaspoon of Ener to it before boiling for one hour, in place of yeast extract.

Yeast extract itself can be considered a nutrient additive of sorts, as extract is mainly the cellular debris of chopped up yeast cells. While it is a source of protein, yeast extract does not even compare to Ener in terms of quality, fatless protein.

Ener is essentially yeast extract "on steroids," not to be cliche'.

Anyway, I'm incubating a clone in the broth at 85 F and have seen noticable growth after only one day. I know this is an improvement, having experience cloning this same strain using yeast extract.

--------------------

Offlinegoldtop
Wild Spore

Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1315629 - 02/18/03 12:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Green is not a good colour for substrate. It makes contamination difficult to see.

--------------------
"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it NOW!" - Queen

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Milk Thistle Extract, pH Test Strips, Probiotics, Spirulina

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology