Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Forgiveness of self
    #1289335 - 02/07/03 03:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How many times have you let yourself down? Don't let regret eat away at your soul. Forgive yourself for all your mistakes. You learned something from each of them. Now let them go. Forgiving yourself clears karma and spiritual blockages.

While I was tripping tonight I did this and felt a clear inner peace unlike anything else, and a feeling to "move on" to other things. The past is past, so let's learn from it and move on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Forgiveness of self [Re: ]
    #1289343 - 02/07/03 03:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

All the freakin time and usually my thoughts do that on psychedelics too. Usually on very high doses of psychedelics I can get past the blockages though.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1289464 - 02/07/03 04:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How many times have you let yourself down? Don't let regret eat away at your soul. Forgive yourself for all your mistakes. You learned something from each of them. Now let them go.

Straight heteroabsolutism.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1289642 - 02/07/03 06:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that regret is a horrible thing that can eat away at your soul. But instead of simply forgiving yourself and letting them go, I think it's more important to try to fix the mistakes you've made that are the cause of so much regret.

Surely there are some things that aren't really possible to fix, but in my case I can do something about the things I regret the most in my life.

The one thing I regret most is the fact that I allowed myself to become addicted to cigarettes. I've been in the difficult process of quitting for over a month now, but I have the determination to quit completely; and I know I'm going to do it. By fixing the thing I regret most about my life, I think I will clear any spiritual blockages it might have caused better than if I simply try to forgive myself.

I really think it's impossible to truly forgive yourself for something if you don't do anything to try and change it. Simply saying "I'm not going to let this bother me anymore," just seems like lying to yourself, in my opinion.

Another thing that I regret very badly is the fact that I quit my high school diving team and fell into a very unhealthy lifestyle after doing so. Lately I have been trying to fix this by going to the pool a lot and getting back into exercising. It has really made me feel a lot better about myself.

I agree it is good to move on from things and learn from them, but I think it is better for the spirit to actually take action to fix the things that can be fixed instead of just moving on.

I really like what you have to say here, though, Max:

"While I was tripping tonight I did this and felt a clear inner peace unlike anything else, and a feeling to "move on" to other things. The past is past, so let's learn from it and move on."

I've had this same feeling before while on a mushroom trip. I think if you can truly forgive yourself, leave your regrets behind and feel good about yourself; then that is a wonderful thing! It shows great resiliency of character.

For me, though, this is a tough thing to do. I can't feel truly good about myself unless I really do something or at least make an honest attempt to fix the mistakes I have made. Succeeding in doing this just gives me an ultimate feeling of fulfillment!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

Re: Forgiveness of self [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1290208 - 02/08/03 04:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think forgiving yourself implies that you've acknowledged what you did wrong and in the future when a similar situation comes up you'll be able to do something different to change or fix your past mistake. The most important step is ACCEPTANCE. Accept that you made mistakes and that you'll no doubt make more, because making wrong choices is one way we learn. So it's like, "This is what happened then, because I didn't know any better, and this is what I'm gonna do now because I'm smarter and stronger now than to make the same mistake twice.

I know how hard it is to fight addiction. Good luck to you.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1291085 - 02/08/03 12:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Dude this is a very good post.
It can be very hard to except Logic and not let situations and emotions run you.
When I have trouble forgiving myself our others, I simply remember my theory of Equality.
I believe we are all capable of our most vile, sick pathetic thoughts.. That leave one weak, groveling and fearful.hmm Wormtongue from LOTR's sums that up!
But I also believe we can rise to our most great,powerful,loving, and majestic thoughts. Evolving to a state of meekness, forgivness, Love and Strength.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1291115 - 02/08/03 12:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

so true

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1291384 - 02/08/03 02:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I let myself down all the time :smile:

But I learn from these experiences.

I think its fine to fail at things as long as you learn from them and adjust your future accordingly.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Forgiveness of self [Re: Strumpling]
    #1291494 - 02/08/03 04:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

And all that builds character.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Offlinestoner2002
Stoner

#1291553 - 02/08/03 04:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, that made me think! I have a problem, I tend to dwell on things. Regret is eating me up inside. But now that I think about it, I learned something from the mistakes I made in the past and I know that if the same situation presented itself today, I wouldnt fuck up again. I just hope the situtation does present itself so I can act differently...I want to prove to myself that I can do it. Regret is depressing!

Dear God I hope I get a second chance.

Do you think this would be good material to think about while tripping for my first time? Or could this trigger a bad trip? Could it be a good experience?

Anonymous

Re: Forgiveness of self [Re: stoner2002]
    #1292702 - 02/09/03 06:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Do you think this would be good material to think about while tripping for my first time?

Since everyone's first trip is usually positive anyway I think it would be a great idea if you're prepared to face your demons. I once spent an entire trip recalling memories from my childhood that I never would have remembered sober. It was very theraputic for me since I had spent the last 5 years trying to forget the first 16 years of my life because they were so emotionally painful. But while tripping I recalled everything I could and accepted everything objectively for what it was. Now I feel more complete, because I'm able to accept those "bad" memories as part of myself again.

Offlinestoner2002
Stoner

#1292804 - 02/09/03 06:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hell yeah, I can totally relate to you. I went through most of my childhood and high school really depressed with not a whole lot of self esteem. I've been alive for 20 years, but I feel I'm finally starting to "live". Maybe a good trip is all I need to totally rock my world and change my way of thinking for the better, forever.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies