Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Forgiveness-freedom in a bottle
    #3304324 - 11/01/04 12:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If you develop anyone ability in this life that will take you places, to glorious wonderful places of freedom, it's the art of forgiveness.

So many people walk around draaging the ball and chains of grudges, resentment, vengence and live in the prison walls of guilt, blame and judgment.

Guilt knows how to do only one thing and that is punish not only the guilty, but the accuser as well.

Just a moment to sink into this. We were forgiven, free will. Forgiveness is not something done, AFTER the fact. It has already been done.

because we judge right and wrong good and bad and feel the crap of doing so, we think forgiveness must come after the fact to heal. We never stop to consider that it has always been there because, how can you when you are judging and condemning yourself and others? You will never see or feel its existance in that state.

To for give something means to give it before hand. To for give free will means, your freedom to choose as you will was given to you-end of story.

With that said, where do any of us get off, judging, applying guilt, and punishment to ourselfs and others???????? Sure, we can use our for given free will of choice to do that and that we do. Really doesn't make any sense considering the consequences.

When we judge, condemn and punish, we take that freedom, that glorious freedom, away from ourselves and others. We build our prision walls, put our own hands and feet in shackles, add on to the length of the chain dragging the weights of guilt. Then we blame even someone or something for that good lord where does it end???

It ends where it started. Thats realising that free will was forgiven ALREADY. That means, we have been for given the freedom to choose for ourselves.

The laws of cause and effect take care of the rest. For every action their is a reaction, for every cause there is a consequence built into the system. No judgment, guilt or punishment need be added to a system of perfection. We learn and grow best when we allow the natural laws to be and do their thing.

Judging, guilt and punishment only bogs down, a highly efficient and productive design.

Whatever it is you have yourself chained and imprisioned by, even if it is all of the judgment you hold for others (thats really heavy stuff) You can take a moment to re-member that all was forgiven of us and you can just release yourself and others and walk away light and free.

This is all their is to saving yourself. Quit judging and if you have or do again, remember the forgiveness that has already been granted and use it to free yourself and others. NO ONE escapes the laws of cause and effect. We are cause and effect in action itself.

I just wanted to share this for some reason today. Please add to it if you feel inspired to.

PS. I know someones going to be thinking, does that mean murder is okay???????

Thats for you to decide if you care to set yourself up as judge jury and executioner.

if you were to deleve into the past of any murderer, some one who murders in hate, anger, or a need for power, YOU WILL find, in his/her past, a lot of guilt, judgment and punishment. One could say that such an act is a lame attempt at raging for freedom from the unforgiven self and unforgiven others in life. You will find them attached to chains of resentment, grudge witholding and vengence.

One causes the other which causes more of the first which causes more of the other. It's a horrible cycle people get caught up in. The Loop.

Forgiveness is not something we have to seek. It already is ours. We just have to allow ourselves to accept it as out divine inheritance.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegoob
Sleepy

Re: Forgiveness-freedom in a bottle [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3304349 - 11/01/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Let's say I was hurt emotionaly by someone I cared for and I forgave them and they turned around and did the same thing again...

I developed a theory that I didn't have to judge anybody, or forgive, I could just turn it over to a higher authority.

Now all I say is "You're free to be you, I may not understand it, but I don't have to try, and risk failing"

So I guess this is a pre-set condition of forgiveness without having to go thru the messy buisiness of trying to understand everything.

Is this healthy or even desirable?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Forgiveness-freedom in a bottle [Re: goob]
    #3304361 - 11/01/04 01:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You got half of it down. You are able to accept the forgiveness of anothers free will to do as they have chosen to do.

The second step is remembering that you too have the forgiven freedom to choose for yourself. You can choose, to walk away from that person. Turning the other cheak is another misunderstood passage in the Bible. It doesn't mean you stand there when someone is slapping you and offer up more body parts to be whacked at.

Back in the day the expression was used, it meant to turn and walk away.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3305477 - 11/01/04 05:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The forgiveness of others ultimately represents the forgiveness of self. Without self forgiveness one will be eaten up inside.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Forgiveness-freedom in a bottle [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3305591 - 11/01/04 05:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I Forgive Forgiveness :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #3306316 - 11/01/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yet.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 06:38 PM)

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Forgiveness-freedom in a bottle [Re: Gomp]
    #3306321 - 11/01/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well gomp, forgiveness does not forgive you

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Forgiveness-freedom in a bottle [Re: jux]
    #3306511 - 11/01/04 09:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I believe in forgiveness.  But I also believe in disassociating from someone who has hurt me, and hasn't asked for forgiveness.

Hurt me once, shame on you.  Hurt me twice, shame on me.

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Edited by Frog (11/01/04 09:58 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology