Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: PookztA] * 2
    #12583107 -

If you buy into this, my advice to you is to change your field of study.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #12583141 -

HELLA_TIGHT said:
If you buy into this, my advice to you is to change your field of study.



I'm not 'buying' into anything. I am reviewing evidence from both sides of the debate, and drawing my own conclusions based on that evidence using my scientific training and my medical knowledge.

Thanks for the advice though. :smile: I will keep it in mind!

All the best to ya,

-Abe


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: PookztA] * 2
    #12583260 -

Quote:
Please show me a human skull that is missing its external occipital protuberances, AND that has all the anomalies of the Starchild Skull.




Then you just say there are two alien skulls. The fact that we can't explain something doesn't mean aliens are involved. You really draw strange conclusions from not knowing the cause. I presented few natural and human caused deformed skulls that show a many types of skull deformations exist. This guy is just making money instead of doing science. Where are his publications on all the bone properties never seen before?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: Annom]
    #12583297 -

I never said that I for sure think it is a human-alien hybrid. I think it is very possible, but without conclusive evidence to prove this, I surely cannot believe that.

That is why I am very excited for them to extract the nuclear DNA, so that they can sequence and analyze the entire genome, so that we can finally figure this out!

Either way, abnormal human mutation or human-alien hybrid, it is a historical artifact. There has never been a skull like this found in all of recorded history. That is why I am excited to learn the truth.

Cheers,

-Abe


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: PookztA]
    #12584083 -

some articles about this skull appear to be contradictory, like they exaggerated its features in first place, but the bug was already out and couldn't say it was just a deformed skull

still it can be whatever :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: PookztA] * 2
    #12585451 -

Ha this is why scientists are scared of medical doctors.  Feynman has a funny quote about that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: Chespirito]
    #12588894 -



--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #12763807 -

great new short documentary which discusses some of the major and most recent evidence regarding the Starchild Skull:


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: PookztA]
    #12796591 -

PookztA said:
Annom said:




Annom, that baby has external occipital protuberances on the back of its skull (like all human skulls), which is where many of the posterior neck muscles attach.



vs.



Please show me a human skull that is missing its external occipital protuberances, AND that has all the anomalies of the Starchild Skull.

Good luck! :peace:

-Abe



I don't know shit about skeletons, bones, etc.  But from where I'm sitting it kinda looks like the external occipital protuberances are less prominent on the freak's skull 'cause of the way it was flattened during the time it spent strapped to a cradle board.  But mightn't they be right there in this red circle?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: NubeEnLaMontana]
    #12797259 -

There still appears a prominence though. I'm sure there a many people in the world with a lot less than average prominence in that region.

Has anyone thought that this is just a rare deformation? Of all the rare bone deformations and diseases that are unlikely to occur, this might just be another with a very high degree of rareness. There could be a child alive right now with it, but we'll never know if they live in the third world, die, and get cremated. There may be others as well buried around, but the likely hood for the condition may only be derived from inheritance on the Y chromosome, and still only have a 1 in a hundred million chance of expression if it is inherited. A full genome map should reveal a fairly plain (but still interesting) truth.


--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: flangenips] * 2
    #12797325 -

No, obviously aliens are a much more plausible explanation :rolleyes:.  Hell, a future (maybe) doctor of America would rather believe quack meta-physics than logical reason.

I really don't mean to flame the guy or anything, but I would choose another doctor is I found out mine subscribed to as many ridiculous paranormal ideas as Abe seems to.  Free energy?  Alien/human hybrid skulls?

I mean look, I have no qualms against someone believing stuff like this, but if it was someone with whom I would entrust the diagnosis or treatment of my health, or any person of science for that matter, I would seriously lose a lot of respect and confidence in that person.  I'm not alone in this either.

Really, no offense, abe, you can believe whatever you want, but the constant posting of these outlandish "backwater-science" articles just seems wacky and unprofessional.

Whatever.  Go on with yourself, enjoy what you do, and find passion in something.  I can't stop you.


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: cortex]
    #12797525 -

thanks for the honest post, and for typing it up without insults or immature cursing. trust me, this is just stuff I read about in the tiny bit of free time I have.

Cheers,

-Abe


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: cortex]
    #12797552 -

I dont mind doctors who like to suggest 'natural medicine' into/on top of their standard treatments. (cos there are a lot of people getting sick preventable with diet through stengthening immunity). But thats usually just about eating healthy anyway and increasing intakes where an affliction is causing a deficiency.

I'd never go to a doctor again if he told me to meditate to flush out the bad-energy causing my food poisoning. (putting aside that the relaxation would surely make me shit myself). Just give me the anti-biotics and electrolyte sachets so i can recover faster!


--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: PookztA]
    #12797578 -

I'm surprised you have any free time in med school!  Shit, I'm a physics major undergrad and I can barely find time to research things I find interesting outside of my area of academic study, and I know med school is one of the few curricula that are more grueling than physics.


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: cortex]
    #12797920 -

cortex said:
No, obviously aliens are a much more plausible explanation :rolleyes:.  Hell, a future (maybe) doctor of America would rather believe quack meta-physics than logical reason.

I really don't mean to flame the guy or anything, but I would choose another doctor is I found out mine subscribed to as many ridiculous paranormal ideas as Abe seems to.  Free energy?  Alien/human hybrid skulls?

I mean look, I have no qualms against someone believing stuff like this, but if it was someone with whom I would entrust the diagnosis or treatment of my health, or any person of science for that matter, I would seriously lose a lot of respect and confidence in that person.  I'm not alone in this either.

Really, no offense, abe, you can believe whatever you want, but the constant posting of these outlandish "backwater-science" articles just seems wacky and unprofessional.

Whatever.  Go on with yourself, enjoy what you do, and find passion in something.  I can't stop you.



agreed.

dont know if youve ever heard of this, pooksta:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

:wink:


--------------------

Edited by frith (06/24/10 04:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: frith]
    #12799032 -

I like the term "razor" when applied to philosophy.  It makes just about anything sound cool, but it used so rarely.  I can only think of two "razors" I have ever heard, Occam's and Hanlon's.


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: cortex]
    #12799707 -

Why doesn't someone digitally enhance it the same way they have done with the dinosaurs, so we can see or have an idea of what it would look like with eyeballs and skin / etc.
I think the uniqueness of the bone itself should be worth pursuing, we are always looking for lighter/stronger.

Edited by teknix (06/24/10 09:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: teknix]
    #12799726 -

Digitally remastered, you mean like this?



--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: cortex]
    #12799760 -

I meant enhanced.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Starchild Skull [Re: cortex]
    #12800152 -

:rofl2:

Ha Im gonna watch that right now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Crystal Skulls SkorpivoMusterion 1,516 14 02/06/05 07:01 PM
by Vvellum
* "Power fan abnormal!" NewbieS 2,465 4 02/08/07 09:24 PM
by Newbie
* The Science of Synesthesia JssMthrFcknChrst 1,217 1 05/01/03 03:03 PM
by JeRiKo1
* Weekly Science Report (Updated Weekly) PookztA 15,021 17 06/18/10 05:48 PM
by ches
* Researcher: Early Man Was Hunted by Birds RandalFlagg 819 5 01/15/06 06:21 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Einstein's Brain Unlocks Some Mysteries Of The Mind GutteralRetch 2,584 10 01/26/14 08:27 PM
by akira_akuma
* Scientist publishes "escape route" from global warming Silversoul 1,947 14 08/03/06 11:51 AM
by Viveka
* the studies of Jacobo Grinberg:Psichophysiological Correlates of Communication, Gravitation and cactu 2,696 5 02/25/08 09:01 PM
by cactu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
4,384 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.