Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise
    #12190227 -

Hey guys.  I was looking into getting a pair of small Powered Studio Monitors, nothing real fancy but something in the 100 to 200 dollar range. 

I try to avoid behringer even though i have never had anything but good experiences with their equipment i heard in the past several years its no longer such a steal and the quality has dropped to match the price.

i was thinking about these fostex ones, i have had a bit of fostex gear that i have had a positive experience with over the years

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fostex-PM0.4W-Powered-Studio-Monitors-White?sku=600828&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=201015564


thoughts?  suggestions?  ideas?

i am getting these to replace my PC speakers, without buying a stereo to run my audio through(old one died) and also for mixing and recording with my digital 8track.


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #12190367 -

I would suggest a pair of Rokit power 5's.

The money you spend on quality studio monitors is totally worth it. If you buy cheap monitors, they will sound cheap. Krk Rokits may be a little more pricey but, in my opinion, they sound great.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/KRK-Rokit-Powered-5-Generation-2?sku=482825#used

The monitors you are looking at i've never heard of. Go to a Guitar center and listen to the monitors you are going to buy. Thats my suggestion.


--------------------
We now return our souls to the creator,
as we stand on the edge of eternal darkness.
Let our chant fill the void
in order that others may know.
In the land of the night
the ship of the sun
is drawn by the Grateful Dead.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise [Re: IntoTheDead]
    #12190417 -

i wish i had the option to go to guitar center.

but compared to my current setup anything is an improvement.  before katrina i had a set of roland mini studio monitors that were only 100 some odd bucks and they were fantastic.  unfortunately they were lost to storm related bullshit.

p.s. dont let my location fool you, i dont live in branson.


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #12190431 -

i just checked, the ones you recommended me are the same price.  i have never heard of that company though as i am very familiar with fostex...  hmm...


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise [Re: IntoTheDead]
    #12190568 -

IntoTheDead said:
I would suggest a pair of Rokit power 5's.

The money you spend on quality studio monitors is totally worth it. If you buy cheap monitors, they will sound cheap. Krk Rokits may be a little more pricey but, in my opinion, they sound great.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/KRK-Rokit-Powered-5-Generation-2?sku=482825#used

The monitors you are looking at i've never heard of. Go to a Guitar center and listen to the monitors you are going to buy. Thats my suggestion.



I've got the Rokit 6 Gen 1s and they're really good, definitely worth the price. I've listened to the gen 2s and I don't think there's much difference except they got a lot uglier.
It can depend where you're putting them though, my rokits suffer from way over emphasised bass when on a hard surface near a wall, they really need the foam stands and breathing space they have now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise [Re: Bokonon]
    #12190618 -

cool.

one of my good friends is suggesting to me that i go with an amp and some good unpowered speakers because he keeps telling me im going to want to add components even though i dont think i will want to now...

still dont really see the point but he does know his shit.  just a bit old school.  which is cool.


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #12191118 -

If you aren't actually using monitors for music production, it could definitely be worthwhile looking into separates.
Good monitors are defined by being very "true" to the input, so you hear exactly what you are listening to, warts and all. If you are just going to be using them as standard speakers connected to a PC, which would generally mean listening to a lot of low quality audio, you might be happier with some hifi speakers that sound good to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise [Re: Bokonon]
    #12192495 -

If you just want nice sounding speakers go for the pair you wanted to get. And the Rokits should be 149 each i believe. I Listed the price on there but can't remember it now. Plus i'm too lazy to look.

Edited by IntoTheDead (03/12/10 08:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How much better are studio monitors? adamj 1,141 12 07/11/06 08:05 PM
by pH_
* Audiophiles: Best "bang for your buck" in studio monitors? JacquesCousteau 5,930 15 09/09/06 02:23 PM
by SneezingPenis
* studio monitors king_cobra 651 1 07/31/06 10:05 PM
by Osker246
* New studio monitors! **pictures** Blastrid 1,240 10 03/17/06 11:37 AM
by Blastrid
* Sound Systems........yours scotsman1 906 4 01/21/04 06:30 PM
by geokills
* what gear do you use? (softsynths,monitors etc.) DistortedEyes 1,273 13 07/31/06 05:25 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* Help me complete my music studio tomk 870 4 08/09/06 02:40 AM
by SneezingPenis
* Why NIN is so powerful Vats of Blood 835 8 08/25/04 06:09 PM
by Viveka

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
478 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.