Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
New studio monitors! **pictures**
    #5392692 -

So I've been saving to buy some studio monitors to replace my relatively shitty Logitech computer speakers... I decided it would be a personal reward once I got my new job. This weekend was it!
I bought a pair of EVENT TR6N. It was a close decision between those and the KRK Rockits, but I'm happy with the choice. Well, 'happy' doesn't nearly describe my excitement! I've rarely had this much fun just listening to music. MIXING and COMPOSING... well shit. that there is heaven.



My Novation reMote 49 controller and Juno106, directly to the left of the last picture:


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: Blastrid]
    #5392979 -

that looks fuckin sweet man!
what kinda music you do?


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: eligal]
    #5393152 -

www.stereopattern.com

electronic, ambient, downtempo, nostalgic, trippy... some good descriptors.

enjoy :smile:


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: Blastrid]
    #5394169 -

Oh I so know how the change from crappy speakers to studio monitors is like. I was also using crappy logitechs and then out of nowhere decided to go out and buy some Krk RP8's with the money i've been saving up. I seriously did nothing but stay inside for a week listining to music. I still havent used them for production purposes though, something always comes up when im about to buy a synth. But mixing with my turntables sounds great on em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: Osker246]
    #5394242 -

Osker246 said:
buy some Krk RP8's with the money i've been saving up. I seriously did nothing but stay inside for a week listining to music.



same here :grin:

looks very nice blastrid! sure a VERY good investment for producing (and listening!)
enjoy your new sound :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: stefan]
    #5394764 -

awsome


--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: scotsman1]
    #5405468 -

nice buy :wink: thats a nice juno106 too... looks familiar... *looks to left* oh, right! :sun:

i think mine makes noise though, i may have to get it looked at. both choruses make panning white noise, and there seems to be some slight clicking/popping distortion sometimes..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: pH_]
    #5410056 -

Hey, nice choice on the monitors, I had those when I was starting out, ive since upgraded to genelecs...


Two things:

First, change the stands so the entire perimeter of the base is supported (Just get a bigger book), and second, take the buddahs off from top. Each of those things will improve your sound quality and the acoustics, as well as having a flat uncolored signal!

Good luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: dubbyah]
    #5410338 -

sweet! Thanks!

yes yes my juno is my baby... I'd be so sad if it got sick...


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: Blastrid]
    #5411313 -

how much did the midi controller set you back? i've been looking into buying one lately and don't know what to look for, other than LOTS of knobs and sliders.


--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New studio monitors! **pictures** [Re: fung_us_among_us]
    #5412380 -

The model I have (Novation REMOTE 49) is about $250. It's so extremely versatile, and feels real nice.
It comes with templates (and you can d/l them too) for individual programs that set up the knobs/sliders itself. Then it comes with these little template labels for each one. Like for Cubase Template 1, the sliders are the first 8 tracks volume, buttons are solo, and knobs are everything from effect volume to tempo track.

Go to a music shop, and just feel the action on each model. I chose Novation because it has some of each. A Korg I saw had all this but substituted one (knobs I think?) for sort of a drum pad grid...

totally your preference.


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post your Desktop Picture
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Blastrid 15,410 92 09/12/04 04:12 PM
by Redcap
* Fake id Templates!!!!!!! shrogg 1,917 7 02/07/02 04:21 PM
by geokills
* Recording studio questions ToTheSummit 1,255 6 10/17/02 05:44 PM
by MsPacMan
* Album in production..
( 1 2 all )
Rob_K 3,758 23 07/04/03 05:35 PM
by Rob_K
* A big picture Suffer 727 8 07/06/04 07:05 PM
by Suffer
* Our Studio Penguarky Tunguin 702 5 07/10/05 10:50 PM
by subterranean_
* What do you think of this picture? Revelation 909 5 09/26/01 02:36 PM
by BBin
* Sweet Nighttime Pictures! fireworks_godS 717 4 05/09/04 04:29 PM
by Vats of Blood

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,240 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.