Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Floridas Gun Laws
    #12112696 -

As of October 1, 2005, Florida became a "Stand-your-ground" state. The Florida law is a self-defense, self-protection law. It has four key components:

  1. It establishes that law-abiding residents and visitors may legally presume the threat of bodily harm or death from anyone who breaks into a residence or occupied vehicle and may use defensive force, including deadly force, against the intruder.
  2. In any other place where a person “has a right to be,” that person has “no duty to retreat” if attacked and may “meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.”
  3. In either case, a person using any force permitted by the law is immune from criminal prosecution or civil action and cannot be arrested unless a law enforcement agency determines there is probable cause that the force used was unlawful.
  4. If a civil action is brought and the court finds the defendant to be immune based on the parameters of the law, the defendant will be awarded all costs of defense.

As of July 1, 2008, Florida became a "Take your gun to work" state (F.S. 790.251). A new statewide Florida law went into effect on this date prohibiting most businesses from firing any employee with a Concealed Weapon License for keeping a legal firearm locked in their car in the company parking lot. The purpose of the new law is to allow CWL holders to exercise their Second Amendment rights during their commutes to and from work. Exceptions listed in F.S. 790.251(7) include school property, correctional institutions, property where a nuclear-powered electricity generation facility is located, property upon which substantial activities involving national defense, aerospace, or homeland security are conducted, property upon which the primary business conducted is the manufacture, use, storage, or transportation of combustible or explosive materials, a motor vehicle owned/leased/rented by your employer, and any other property upon which possession of a firearm is prohibited pursuant to any federal law, contract with a federal government entity, or general law of Florida. Currently, a test case involving Walt Disney World Resort is going through the courts, involving a former Disney security guard who was fired, despite having a CWL, for having a firearm locked in his car on July 1, in violation of Disney's pre-existing and strict no weapons allowed policy. Disney claims that they are exempt from the new state law, on the basis of their having a fireworks license for conducting nightly fireworks shows at Disney World.[49][50]

Florida law allows private firearm sales between residents without requiring any processing through an FFL. Florida law also permits larger municipalities to elect to require a concealed carry permit for a buyer to purchase a gun at a gun show from another private individual without any delay, but in practice, this applies only to a few of the largest municipalities (Miami, Orlando, etc.) where it has been invoked.

Currently, Florida's Concealed Weapon License is one of the most widely-recognized, state-issued concealed weapon permit. The resident Florida Concealed Weapon License is recognized in thirty-three different states, while the non-resident Florida Concealed Weapon License is recognized in twenty-seven states.[51]

Source: Wiki


--------------------

"The first problem for all of us, men and women,
is not to learn, but to unlearn." - Gloria Steinem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Schwank]
    #12112743 -

Personally I'd only whip out a gun if someone had a weapon they were planning to use on me. And I probably wouldn't kill them either, just shoot them in the legs till they can't walk, then kick em while they are down because they shouldn't have come at me with a weapon to begin with.


--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Schwank]
    #12112751 -

yeah, what that means is guns are easy to get and everywhere.  and if you step on the wrong hick's property you're going to get shot and killed.  don't tresspass.  I've been shot with salt shot by farmers before and it sucks.  he just as easily could have pumped a slug in me and dropped me dead, he'd still be in the right.

I love our gun laws.  every other law florida has might be fucked and really extremely lame, but our gun laws are fucking prime.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: highdroponics]
    #12112759 -

I you are willing to only shoot their legs, its probably not a life and death situation to begin with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: highdroponics]
    #12112761 -

highdroponics said:
Personally I'd only whip out a gun if someone had a weapon they were planning to use on me. And I probably wouldn't kill them either, just shoot them in the legs till they can't walk, then kick em while they are down because they shouldn't have come at me with a weapon to begin with.



so if you're sitting in your living room and you hear someone fumbling with your lock clearly trying to pick/break it you're going to pull out a gun and hold them up???  what if they have a gun, when they see your barrel they'll fire on you.  FUCK THAT.  shoot first ask questions later.

if someone's dumb enough to try to come in my place unwelcomed they're gonna get acquainted with 9mm's of lead poison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: zSDMF]
    #12112804 -

Personally I believe in a fair fight, I'm not gonna use anything more than the person is coming at me with. I'd prefer to use nothing, just to kick the fuckers ass, because that's just the way I like to settle things.

If they come into my house it's a different story. I was just talking about if I were confronted on the street or something.


--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: highdroponics]
    #12112831 -

highdroponics said:
Personally I believe in a fair fight, I'm not gonna use anything more than the person is coming at me with. I'd prefer to use nothing, just to kick the fuckers ass, because that's just the way I like to settle things.

If they come into my house it's a different story. I was just talking about if I were confronted on the street or something.



Don't you think that is a bit naive?
I personally believe in a fair fight too... my friends pick on me

All I am saying is in this day and age if someone is acting weird, and they cross enough boundaries. I am going to shoot them in the fucking face. It's like EBM with a piece, and the stupid fuck doesn't get to go home a breed and make baby stupid fucks. I am pretty sure people in Florida in the next 20 years are going to be some pretty fucking laid back cool no fuck with you people when our laws really seep in. I don't think everyone really knows what the deal is yet


--------------------

"The first problem for all of us, men and women,
is not to learn, but to unlearn." - Gloria Steinem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: highdroponics]
    #12112866 -

highdroponics said:
Personally I believe in a fair fight, I'm not gonna use anything more than the person is coming at me with. I'd prefer to use nothing, just to kick the fuckers ass, because that's just the way I like to settle things.

If they come into my house it's a different story. I was just talking about if I were confronted on the street or something.



a fair fight?  dude when someone starts shit with you anywhere you don't know if they've been tweaking for 2 weeks straight with a fully automatic uzi tucked under their shirt or if they're a preacher that's never owned a gun in his life.  do you really want to take that chance?

when I clear my record up and get a license to carry I will have my gun with me EVERYWHERE I FUCKING GO.  hell, I carry everywhere I go anyhow.  I know I'm a firecracker and a little bit looney but what scares me is I know compared to most people in this world I'm pretty god damn sane.  I'll be damned a situation arises where I need a gun and I don't have quick access to it.  fuck that.


you guys who don't have guns or are against them are just ignorant.  you'll never need an equalizer until you're staring down the barrel of someone elses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: zSDMF]
    #12112886 -

Amen Brother Florida, I recommend having a shotgun and a pistol... not a big fan of nines you need stopping power at least a 36. You don't want to shoot someone nine times and then him make a rap album about it. Now we are never going to get rid of 50 cent


--------------------

"The first problem for all of us, men and women,
is not to learn, but to unlearn." - Gloria Steinem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Schwank]
    #12112887 -

Schwank said:
highdroponics said:
Personally I believe in a fair fight, I'm not gonna use anything more than the person is coming at me with. I'd prefer to use nothing, just to kick the fuckers ass, because that's just the way I like to settle things.

If they come into my house it's a different story. I was just talking about if I were confronted on the street or something.



Don't you think that is a bit naive?
I personally believe in a fair fight too... my friends pick on me

All I am saying is in this day and age if someone is acting weird, and they cross enough boundaries. I am going to shoot them in the fucking face. It's like EBM with a piece, and the stupid fuck doesn't get to go home a breed and make baby stupid fucks. I am pretty sure people in Florida in the next 20 years are going to be some pretty fucking laid back cool no fuck with you people when our laws really seep in. I don't think everyone really knows what the deal is yet



bro please you live in north florida just like I do.  you know just as well that I do that there are so many good ole boys and girls that just don't give a fuck and won't hesitate to pull and shoot.  and ask no questions.  people think florida is palm trees and beaches but it's really a backwater hick ass state.  people don't give a FUCK down here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: zSDMF]
    #12112899 -

there is a podunk town right down the way from where i live where black people wont go because they will get hung... yeah it's the wild wild west out here still


--------------------

"The first problem for all of us, men and women,
is not to learn, but to unlearn." - Gloria Steinem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Schwank]
    #12112900 -

Schwank said:
Amen Brother Florida, I recommend having a shotgun and a pistol... not a big fan of nines you need stopping power at least a 36. You don't want to shoot someone nine times and then him make a rap album about it. Now we are never going to get rid of 50 cent



I keep a mossberg 590 and a 9mm in my apartment.  I would keep more firepower but until I clear my record I don't want to have an arsenal on hand in case some shit goes down and cops have to come.  I like 9's though, chances are if I have to shoot you it's gonna be at relatively close range, and I don't care what kind of beast you are if you get popped with a 9mm you're going down.  also if I have to shoot you I'm not trying to deball or flesh wound you, I'm trying to fucking kill you.

if it's life or death bitch you're gonna be the one to die if I have any say lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Schwank]
    #12112906 -

oh and btw zSDMF I believe I have been agreeing with you... I mean if you want to square up let's fight fair.... anyone off the street gets some lead bubblegum


--------------------

"The first problem for all of us, men and women,
is not to learn, but to unlearn." - Gloria Steinem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Schwank]
    #12112919 -

yeah I know I'm just saying.  I've been up all night high as fuck so my mind is kind of scattered a bit.  I was raised a pretty redneck dude if I must stereotype myself.  my dad taught me that if it's ever a life and death situation, or any question thereof don't ask any questions do whatever you have to do to protect yourself.  I've known how to clean, load, fire, and secure handguns since i've been 8 years old.  I got my first official shotty when I was 9.  needless to say I love guns, everything about them.  the way they look, the sounds, the power.. the fact that if I really need them they'll save my life....


guns :thumbup: lax gun laws :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: zSDMF]
    #12112934 -

zSDMF said:
yeah I know I'm just saying.  I've been up all night high as fuck so my mind is kind of scattered a bit.  I was raised a pretty redneck dude if I must stereotype myself.  my dad taught me that if it's ever a life and death situation, or any question thereof don't ask any questions do whatever you have to do to protect yourself.  I've known how to clean, load, fire, and secure handguns since i've been 8 years old.  I got my first official shotty when I was 9.  needless to say I love guns, everything about them.  the way they look, the sounds, the power.. the fact that if I really need them they'll save my life....


guns :thumbup: lax gun laws :thumbup:


You seem to be waiting to use one one a person. I'm okay with that I don't break into homes :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: zSDMF]
    #12112938 -

If you give one idiot a gun you got to give them all guns...
without guns you end up like the Indians dead

Remember that Simpsons... Lisa wished for world peace or something like that then the aliens took over and mo fought them off with a board and nail?


--------------------

"The first problem for all of us, men and women,
is not to learn, but to unlearn." - Gloria Steinem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Maurer]
    #12112989 -

i'm not some gun crazed idiot or anything like that, but I am very comfortable using guns and I'm comfortable having them around.  I'm not scared to use them either.  now if we're on the street and we start to get into a verbal confrontation and it escalates into a fight, i'm not gonna whip my gun out to show power or to shoot you.  we'll fight.  that's one thing.  I definitely wouldn't kill someone unless my safety or the safety of a loved one is at risk.

but if I felt like it's a situation that would result in great harm to myself or loved ones, yeah, you're gonna get shot.  quick.  I'm not gonna ask you why and I'm not gonna give you a chance to correct the situation.  bottom line is, if someone does something dumb enough to make me question the safety of loved ones & myself.. yep, clickclick boom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: zSDMF]
    #12113117 -

zSDMF said:
i'm not some gun crazed idiot or anything like that, but I am very comfortable using guns and I'm comfortable having them around.  I'm not scared to use them either.  now if we're on the street and we start to get into a verbal confrontation and it escalates into a fight, i'm not gonna whip my gun out to show power or to shoot you.  we'll fight.  that's one thing.  I definitely wouldn't kill someone unless my safety or the safety of a loved one is at risk.

but if I felt like it's a situation that would result in great harm to myself or loved ones, yeah, you're gonna get shot.  quick.  I'm not gonna ask you why and I'm not gonna give you a chance to correct the situation.  bottom line is, if someone does something dumb enough to make me question the safety of loved ones & myself.. yep, clickclick boom


I agree, I'm just scared of prison time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Maurer]
    #12113140 -

well at least around here using a gun doesn't equal prison time.  if the kill is justified and your guns are legal you'll walk more than likely.

even if you don't, fuck it 5 years is better than 6 feet under

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Floridas Gun Laws [Re: Maurer]
    #12113161 -

Yea florida is nice just for their gun laws but if only their weed laws were that lax then it would be the best state.


--------------------
mangmangmang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* lewts set everyone straight on canda's gun laws. damnit!
( 1 2 all )
kadakuda 3,683 25 11/05/04 07:36 AM
by SummerBreeze
* Rifle Laws zoso507 1,711 17 04/13/04 10:46 AM
by rockytop83
* I bought a gun today :)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ZippoZM 13,465 103 07/11/16 03:18 PM
by Jokeshopbeard
* Guns
( 1 2 all )
iloveraving 3,095 20 12/12/04 03:50 PM
by silversoul7
* Don't come to florida
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ShroomismM 7,830 68 05/07/09 04:16 PM
by Middleman
* We got a gift from my mother-in-law.. quarkyquasar 788 7 10/30/04 08:38 AM
by CherryBom
* Vandals - Gun for christmas (humor) Todcasil 668 1 12/12/04 07:32 PM
by Vvellum
* Whats the law for car searching in Canada barfightlard 935 4 12/22/04 08:44 AM
by Jim

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,509 topic views. 5 members, 70 guests and 283 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.