Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
We got a gift from my mother-in-law..
    #3296638 - 10/30/04 09:57 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

We had a break-in down the street a few weeks ago and it kinda freaked my family out.
I was reading about the post where the guy who used the sword on the burglars and mentioned to my folks that all I had to protect my family was a big stick I carved when I went camping last year.
So they bought us this.
Air Taser Gun M-18-L

"The Air Taser Gun M-18 series has a 99% effectiveness rating. It combines the injury reducing benefits of traditional stun technology with a quantum leap in stopping power via new Electro-Muscular Disruption (EMD) technology. In police studies, the new Air Taser Gun has a higher instant incapacitation rate than a 9mm hand gun. The Air Taser Gun shoots out 2 darts attached to 15 feet of wire. 50,000 volts travel over the wires and over-ride the central nervous system providing incredible takedown power."
We got the one with the laser sight the M18-L.

I have a sneaky feeling that it also has to do with my loss of temper last week if you read my post in physical and mental health forum.
I better be nice to my wife for now on. Or I will be getting a dose of instant take down happiness.

Edited by quarkyquasar (10/30/04 10:14 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: We got a gift from my mother-in-law.. [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #3296651 - 10/30/04 10:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm. Instead of buying a gun (taser...whatever), why don't you invest in a quality security system?

I think that most people who own guns solely for the purpose of protection are not the kind of people who would step up and use it in a responsible manner. I don't think there is any way that you can a gun in a responsible manner.

And if your mother-in-law bought your wife the gun to protect herself from theives and YOU, then there are some pretty serious underlying issues at hand and maybe some counselling would be in order?

I just have a bad feeling about weapons. That how people get dead and hurt and into big trouble. Be careful, ok?

--------------------

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: We got a gift from my mother-in-law.. [Re: CherryBom]
    #3296656 - 10/30/04 10:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Its 100% non lethal.
Unless I suppose it hit you in the eyes or something or you had heart troubles...that may be no fun.
I am not allowed to have a gun. Simple.
And the part about the wife thing was kinda a joke.

How is a taser so bad in your opinion?

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#3296670 - 10/30/04 10:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I guess it's not that bad. It just seems to me that as far as protecting your family goes, spending the money to install a quality security system is far more effective then using a tool that

1. May not be within arms reach when you need it the most
2. Requires a certain amount of bravado to operate

If protecting your family is your primary goal, a high speed, low drag securtity system will cover your entire property and inside the house. If it is triggered, then trained professionals are on their way in seconds. It seems much more efficient (to me) then having a taser stored somewhere in the house.

What if you were not home when someone decided to rob you? Most theives work on that rule. What if you panicked because buddy who was robbing you had a real gun pointed at your wife? What if they just snuck in while you were asleep and took everything and you didn't wake up?

A quality security system works for you 24/7. One trip and Police, Fire dept, etc, are instantly on thier way. A taser does not work for you, it's just a cool thing that you can tell people about and keep in a drawer.

--------------------

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3296689 - 10/30/04 10:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Start measuring your house in fifteen foot incraments.

Hopefully there is only one person breaking in if something shitty like that happened.

Our police office just got one of those and they have already used it three or four times. I saw on television (COPS) where they knocked down a young man who weighed about 330lbs, he was about 6'5, they are effective, he curled up like a baby girl. He said it was worse than being shot or stabbed after he came around.

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: We got a gift from my mother-in-law.. [Re: CherryBom]
    #3296692 - 10/30/04 10:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I see your point.
One bad thing about a security system is I live in a farmhouse.
It would take the police at least 20 minutes to get here.
But you are still right in a sense because at the very least an audible alarm system would freak out the perp.
We could also install a panic room. But those are damn expensive.
But ordering a taser off the Internet with overnight shipping made everyone FEEL better. That was the main idea. Sound of mind.
We are also going to take a class in self defence as well. I am a lazy bum and never leave the house for walks ect.. My wife loves to take her dog for walks but worries about getting raped and kidnapped. She will take the taser with her once we know how to use it properly.
We both are the type of people to use it and ask questions later. At least there wont be bullet holes in senile old granny who thinks this is her house at 3:00am.
And damn it is SO COOL. You are right their too. I cant wait to shoot my buddies with it.

EDIT
The shooting my buddies part was a joke as well.

Edited by quarkyquasar (10/30/04 10:36 AM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3296703 - 10/30/04 10:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

get a good security system... of course if your doing illegal things that might not such a great idea... it accidently gose off, your not home, cops come search the house, find a grow closset or something.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#3296705 - 10/30/04 10:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

quarkyquasar said:
I cant wait to shoot my buddies with it.

:biggrin: :lipsrsealed: :biggrin:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub