Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePuma
surfing when I can
Male

Loc: BC
Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: cashus]
    #11488882 - 11/19/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Disposable petris I can understand, but come on, disposable tubs? That's what you call ecologically unconscious. It isn't about the money. It's the fact that we're rapidly transforming this beautiful planet into plastic and other toxic junk, and unless you think that's cool, your self-appointed task is to minimize your consumption. Only buy new what you really, really need and can't salvage, reuse or refurbish. Terrence McKenna used to say that those of us who ate psychoactive mushrooms gained insights about living in harmony with the planet... maybe a couple people above have never sampled their crop? His article "Plan Plant Planet" is a good place to start.

I'm glad the majority here are with me, but for those who think I'm blowing steam, this much we know: we are in the midst of a cataclysmic wave of extinction. Plastic in the environment, and the oil drilling that goes into bringing you tubs, is a big part of the cause. There happens to be a plastic island the size of Texas a few hundred miles north of Hawaii. The average albatross has between 30% and 60% plastic in its stomach. Let's do out part and stamp out trich with alcohol!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: Puma]
    #11488907 - 11/19/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Puma said:
Disposable petris I can understand

I reuse those as well, small parts containers

Offlineganjababy
Stranger

Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11489018 - 11/19/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just spray the tub with bleach and rinse it off in the shower, once it's dry I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol. I don't have issues with contamination after I clean the tub.

OfflinePuma
surfing when I can
Male

Loc: BC
Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11489068 - 11/19/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Puma said:
Disposable petris I can understand

I reuse those as well, small parts containers

That's awesome. I truly respect that. I see people saying stuff like "for the cost of washing them, you could just buy new ones" but every petri counts.

That's a great tek for washing petris -- I was thinking just drop them in a jar of alcohol, but but that sounds easier. That's so cool that you came up with that, and it works.

sorry I misread something, I thought the last post was the tek for washing petris. I would love to know the best petri-washing tek, but I guess it's pretty much common sense -- douse it in something strong.

--------------------

Edited by Puma (11/19/09 09:18 PM)

Offlineev0lfung
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: Sparkey_STi]
    #11729456 - 12/28/09 12:53 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sparkey_STi said:
pics or it didnt happen lawlz

i wanna see your pink tho :wink:

sorry, I let the thread die and haven't logged in for a while.  I let the three tubs run longer than normal.  Hard to say how many flushes, just harvest as they come until they died out.  22 oz dry.  Here is a pick of a few from the final round, I didn't want them to spore but it went from tiny to the pictures after 8 hours of sleep.  The substrate was coir and granulated gypsum.

OfflineSparkey_STi
Boomer
 User Gallery

Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: ev0lfung]
    #11746451 - 12/31/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Those are sexy.  How big/many tubs/martha, ect?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: Puma]
    #11747178 - 01/01/10 09:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Puma said:
I see people saying stuff like "for the cost of washing them, you could just buy new ones" but every petri counts.

I say that a lot.  You have to realize 'cost' is more than just the money from your pocket.  It's the environmental cost of the phosphates going into our rivers, and the fossil fuels used to create electricity to re-sterilize.  Of course, I also wipe out lots of them and re-use for parts, etc., but there's no way glass petri dishes are more ecologicaly sound than disposable plastic ones.

Now, if people didn't get a whole bag of trash to dispose of every time they go to mc donalds, or all the packaging material around each and every food item in the grocery store, our landfills wouldn't be over flowing.  Buy bulk.  Take your own cloth bags to the grocery store, etc.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineev0lfung
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: Sparkey_STi]
    #11773353 - 01/05/10 09:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sparkey_STi said:

those came from 3 mono tubs (rubbermaid stack n view), with 6 2" holes, 4 at substrate level and 2 up high stuffed with polyfill.  Thanks to previous comments I went ahead and got equivalent of 100 W 6500K floresent bulbs (one for each tub) which has left me with very few mutants.  I did however get a few fruits with another fruit growing upside down on the others.

substrate for 2 tubs:  600g coir, 1 qt gypsum (granulated), 5 qt water
substrate 1 tub: 600g coir, 1 qt gypsum (granulated), 4 qt coffee, 6 qt water

6 quarts of spawn (WBS from MS LC) to each of the above mixtures.  The tub with coffee actually produced shorter fruits but dense as well.  Each tub produced 2 or 3 fruits weighing in a 6 - 8 grams dry.

OfflineSparkey_STi
Boomer
 User Gallery

Re: recycling a tub after trich? [Re: ev0lfung]
    #11775672 - 01/06/10 10:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ev0lfung said:
Quote:

Sparkey_STi said:

those came from 3 mono tubs (rubbermaid stack n view), with 6 2" holes, 4 at substrate level and 2 up high stuffed with polyfill.  Thanks to previous comments I went ahead and got equivalent of 100 W 6500K floresent bulbs (one for each tub) which has left me with very few mutants.  I did however get a few fruits with another fruit growing upside down on the others.

substrate for 2 tubs:  600g coir, 1 qt gypsum (granulated), 5 qt water
substrate 1 tub: 600g coir, 1 qt gypsum (granulated), 4 qt coffee, 6 qt water

6 quarts of spawn (WBS from MS LC) to each of the above mixtures.  The tub with coffee actually produced shorter fruits but dense as well.  Each tub produced 2 or 3 fruits weighing in a 6 - 8 grams dry.

Very very nice. And that makes me wanna try something next time i spawn (just did 3 30gal tubs last night :smile: ) i wanna do 1 tub straight coir; 1 tub coir verm, one tub coir coffee and one last one coir coffee and verm to see what diff results i can turn up.  An im glad to hear about the mutant thing... after i started giving better light i noticed MUCH better growth...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract