Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

Re: What do you think makes humans magical beings? [Re: Buben]
    #11628114 - 12/11/09 04:53 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Buben said:

No, it's just get me it trouble almost every time I trip alone, when hitting a wall of things no one knows or can know, but I wan't to know, and it's just frustrating, mind racing yet gets nowhere, spinning in place so to speak.

Hence it's probably more accurate to say "I don't know and I don't want to know" to lift that burden.

But you Do Know! Thats the beauty of it!! You just forget or lose your path, but its always right in front of you, and always will be, you just can't be scared of it. Be confident!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: What do you think makes humans magical beings? [Re: ImaginingEmotions]
    #11628133 - 12/11/09 05:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How do you imagine emotions?

OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

Re: What do you think makes humans magical beings? [Re: Diaboleros]
    #11630801 - 12/11/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:
How do you imagine emotions?

Dictionary.com definitions:

Imagine-- To form a mental image of (something not actually present to the senses).

Emotion-- An affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness.

So... Form a mental image of joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like and you've done it!

--------------------

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#11630860 - 12/11/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

LOL Do you honestly believe I do not know the meaning of imagination or emotion? I was wondering how exactly you imagine your emotions, it sounded like a really interesting thing to do. How do you imagine joy, sorrow, fear, hate etc?

OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

#11634451 - 12/12/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Its kind of weird to tell you the truth. I can just vividly imagine things happening, and if it has an feeling or outcome attached to it, I then feel that feeling.

Example: I sometimes unwillingly imagine bad things happening to my family or to me and it might bring tears to my eyes because I am 'imagining' what their 'emotions' would be after the fact.

or

I sometimes imagine myself winning the lottery and I can feel the emotions of people who's lives I could change with all that money, i could feel their laughter from all the crazy shit my friends and I would do. Hence the phrase 'I could imagine how that could be funny'.

Does that answer your question? Im not really sure how to answer it.

--------------------

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#11634635 - 12/12/09 05:16 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yup that answered my question thanks for answering :P  Have you ever considered that if you can imagine emotions, you no longer need anything but your imagination? Aren't drugs also inducing emotions, you think it might be possible to imagine the emotion of weed or shrooms?

OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

#11635808 - 12/12/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Good question. I honestly don't know. To me weed relaxes you and usually takes away any anxiety. Mushrooms tend to amplify all my senses.

When I eat mushrooms, I can feel and sense things that I normally was ignorant to and I absolutely love it! I feel more sober on mushrooms than I do off them. Having the ability to feel everything my body is trying to tell me is definitely a task and is a godsend when it happens.

For me its like this... If i were to become a master of yoga and meditation then I would acquire a high level of self awareness. I would know what's going on inside me at all times because I would have a near perfect self image to base my judgment upon. I would know when a certain muscle needs to be stretched or a certain limb needs more circulation.

As of right now, my self awareness is absolutely pathetic. I am so ignorant to my own feelings that I don't even feel them!

When I eat mushrooms, all those mental and physical feelings I should be aware of come back to me because they are amplified. I then am able have visions of how I SHOULD be and feel and I tell you what man, Its a BIG difference.

Example: I usually eat a lot of food, more than I should anyways. When I dose higher than 2 grams of mushrooms I tend to get nauseous because of all the extra food inside me and I end up ralphing it all up and feeling much better afterwards. Then, like a lot of people, I hardly eat or drink anything while tripping<-- I think because my body and I are now connected and It does not want food, nor does my ego need any type of comfort from food.

Does this make any sense?

--------------------

OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

#11636097 - 12/12/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry Diabloleros, I didn't really answer your question again. lol. i guess i just needed to get that out.

Can one imagine the emotion of weed or mushrooms?

From my experience, weed and mushrooms alter your emotions. They aren't a single feeling, but instead they put you in a altered state of being which makes you feel things differently. I don't know how one would alter their state to feel like they were stoned or tripping, but it may be possible.

The closest thing I have ever come to imagining or feeling, was this time down by a river. I wasn't high or tripping, I saw some tree roots and they made me trip out. I had this profound understanding of a tree's purpose and intention, and that feeling was similar to times I've had on mushrooms.

I don't know if I've answered your question well, but I would really like to keep this dialogue going cause I like where its headed!

--------------------

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#11636282 - 12/12/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Makes a lot of sense, it's kinda the same for me, how surpressed feelings and bodily feelings come back when taking weed or shrooms, I'm trying to get to that state, to that awareness without taking them anymore. I was thinking that imagining emotions might be the key! As I've smoked weed and had a mushroomtrip, so you don't need to take shrooms to trip, but how to do it, it's a mystery.. maybe all you need to do is imagine being high lol, I should try that during meditation.. Weird isn't it, how you can have a shroomtrip without ingesting shrooms? How is this possible?

OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

#11649356 - 12/14/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm...well I guess we'd have to figure out the exact effects of mushrooms on the brain.

I'd say we have to figure that out first, before we move on.

So....What do mushrooms actually do to a person?

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #11650027 - 12/14/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I feel its all about space, when you have space in your mind, a clear mind, you get that psychedelic spiritual feeling, everything feels light

When you feel cluttered in your mind, then you have a very worldly physical feeling, everything feels heavy

--------------------

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#11653213 - 12/15/09 02:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ImaginingEmotions said:
Hmmm...well I guess we'd have to figure out the exact effects of mushrooms on the brain.

I'd say we have to figure that out first, before we move on.

So....What do mushrooms actually do to a person?

Thats the thing, if there are no longer any shrooms in my blood and I smoke weed and I get a shroomtrip, are it really the shrooms doing anything? Ever heard of flashbacks? I think shrooms might just induce a certain memory push a button in the brain, and its only a matter of finding that memory, that button, and you can push it yourself. I know weed can also push the button of a shroomtrip..

Ever heard of NLP and Derren Brown?  He's able to re-induce drunken states into people, he can make people drunk through hypnosis. Without alcohol ingestion. I'm thinking this should also be possible for shrooms.. check it out:

OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

#11653455 - 12/15/09 04:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, Nuero Linguistic Programming. I've read a little bit on it. Its some interesting stuff.

Hypnosis though is kind of hit or miss for me. All a hypnotist does is get you to connect with him through their speech. They ask you to follow rules and act accordingly. So the person that is drunk induced isn't really drunk or experiencing drunkenness, they are just acting. Its almost like the hypnotist is really good at convincing you to go along with the show. There are some hypnotists though that help people with depression, and convincing a person to be happy is more truthful, because being happy is an actual feeling that can be reached without drugs.

In short, im not sure that a hypnotist can make you actually trip out, he might be able to convince you to act like you are trippin, but you wont really be. If that makes any sense.

Chronic777 had a good point about our minds being clear in order to feel that psychedelic feeling. And when we are troubled with thoughts is when things get cluttered.

I guess with an uncluttered mind, focused on a subject(what ever you want to trip on) is what we need to try.

But what about the visuals? How would we get those crazy ass patterns into our perspective?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom