Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Things to ponder
    #1162833 - 12/22/02 03:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Some thoughts I've had lately:

The sphere is the basic shape of the atom, earth and universe (among other things). Life seems to be modeled by a circle. From life to death to life again. There appear to opposites when looking at a circle. A point on the left side can have a point 180 degrees opposite it, but they are still a part of the same circle. Now apply the same principle to good and evil. Good is seemingly opposite of evil if the two are placed on the circle.. but are they not connected, just parts of the whole?

All living things must have some form of consciousness or else how could they function? Trees need water, nutrients and light to grow strong. They grow from a solid mat of earth into a seemingly empty space. When the sun is above them they photosynthesize, when the wind blows against them they resist falling over and grow stronger. When it rains they get nutrients they need to survive. They have no apparent sensory organs for smell, sight, and sound and whatever.. I'm no expert on anything I talk about, just thinking. So science tells me that these organisms are just standing there, with nothing going on except what they have been pre-programmed to do, grow. The elements that affect their existence are not recognized by them? Would they not then understand that these 5 elements determine whether they survive or not?

Why have humans so seperated themselves from earth? Is it because we are ultimately destined to leave it, to create our own, completely man made environments in 'outer space'? We have built our homes and buildings far above ground, while every other organism on this planet (that I know of) intermingles with earth on a daily basis ... their homes being under the soil, leaves, in the trees, and so forth. We stand completely upright as if we are trying to leave.

Ah well, if you made it through all the rubbish, tell me why those ideas are "wrong" or expand them.. whatever. No one else I know to talk to about this sort of stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Things to ponder [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1162884 - 12/22/02 04:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ignore what I say... eventually I will empty my mind of all thoughts.

Versus

Ah well, if you made it through all the rubbish, tell me why those ideas are "wrong" or expand them.. whatever. No one else I know to talk to about this sort of stuff.

Is this the circle you are referring to?

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1162933 - 12/22/02 04:15 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No one else I know to talk to about this sort of stuff.

That's why this forum is here :smile:

They grow from a solid mat of earth into a seemingly empty space.

It's not an empty space (vaccum, space) their is an atmosphere (air)

Is it because we are ultimately destined to leave it, to create our own, completely man made environments in 'outer space'?

I don't think that a complete migration to space is feasible....even if we advanced our technology a million fold, i beleive such a venture would end in failure.
Even if we we're successful that would be a horrible existance IMO

I agree with your opposites (good, evil, etc...) being all part of the same circle
Careful though Markos may not like the moral implications of that, he may "not trust you in word or deed." LOL

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1163040 - 12/22/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Good post! 

First of all, I love your name!  I am a lover of the Earth as well! :smile:  In fact, I hold Nature, Mother Earth, or whatever you want to call it to be my "God."  I worship her and vow to use my life to serve and protect her.

Now... Onto your "Things to ponder":

I've thought about the sphere thing and what it might signify before, too.  The Earth, our home, is a sphere.  The Sun, our life-giver, is a sphere.  And atoms, the basic building blocks of everything, are spheres. 

I think the sphere has several significances.  A sphere is a shape without any sides or top or bottom whatsoever.  It is continuous.  This implies to me that there is no beginning or end to the big pieces of the puzzle.  By this I mean The Universe... Time... Life... These things have always been and will always continue to be.  Also, every point on a sphere is connected with every other point.  But the only way for a sphere to stand up straight is to balance on one center point, and the only way for a sphere to spin straight up and down is to spin on one center axis.  This implies to me that everything is interconnected somehow, and balance is key.  There could not be light without dark.  There could not be good without evil.  There could not be love without hate.  Everything is interconnected, but it would not be good to have too much of one of these things and too little of another.  If this happened, the sphere would topple over and roll into oblivion.  Balance is the key.  This is why I like the symbol of the yin yang so much... And notice, that is circular in shape as well.

Anyway... Enough about spheres :smile:

I also agree that plants have some sort of consciousness.  My opinion is that it is simply too extraordinarily complex for us mere humans (the latest product of evolution) to understand or even begin to comprehend.  Plants have been around for a lot longer than we have, and thus they have had more time to evolve and become more complex.  I think plants know things.  I think plants communicate.  I think the ways in which they do these things are just too inconceivable for us to even imagine, though.

Why have humans so seperated themselves from earth?

I have asked myself this question so many times!!!  I think it all has to do with our egos.  Our egos make us want to be gods.  For all other animals, Nature is god.  They are completely and utterly ruled and controlled by Nature.  By rising above Nature, we become the gods instead.  Our egos like this.

I hate what humans have done.  We've become a virus, a parasite, to our own Mother and Home!  We take from Her more than what we need, and then change it and manipulate it using technology that harms Her even more, just to make it "better" in our eyes. 

I could go on and on about the things I hate about humans, but I won't.  I will say that I don't think we are hurting just the Earth, though.  Like  Chief Seattle once said, "Man did not weave the web of life - he is merely a strand in it.  Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself."  Basically, by harming the Earth, we are harming ourselves, too.  I think we will either go on destroying the Earth in the thoughtless and careless manner that we have been until we eventually destroy ourselves, or we will learn to live in harmony with the Earth once again, like the Native Americans did, and thus save ourselves.  I just hope it is the latter that will happen.

These are just my thoughts... Hope there was some point to writing them all down! :smile:

-RebelSteve   

--------------------
Namaste.

Edited by RebelSteve33 (12/22/02 04:50 PM)

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Things to ponder [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1163068 - 12/22/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with almost everything you said Steve. Except this:

I have asked myself this question so many times!!! I think it all has to do with our egos. Our egos make us want to be gods. For all other animals, Nature is god. They are completely and utterly ruled and controlled by Nature. By rising above Nature, we become the gods instead. Our egos like this.

You are nature so you are God. The animals are nature, they are God. Every action you take is a Godly action. Every action an animal takes is a Godly action. Same for plant's and so on, and so on. All that exists is God. IMO

I'm sure our egos like thinking that they are above the animals, or above nature. I agree that people need to realize that "Man did not weave the web of life - he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.". People need to understand that we are not better than any other part of the web, but rather that all are God, all things are equal, in the grander scheme of things.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder