Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
The Post Your Poetry Topic
    #11583628 -

Hey guys, just figured this would be a place to share some of my work. I'd love to see others as well! I was never really into poetry, but I took a course this semester and some of it really makes me think. Its like reading an entire novel condense into a page. I have to time much of mine up, but here's one I just wrote after finally hearing Cerebus Shoal.

Writing with the Help of Music

With a note my mind becomes turned on
The sleeping giant has awoke
Your melody brings light and darkness
Your voice paints the world in strokes

A picture composed within my mind
Is a testament to your might
Human brain oh how I wonder
Musical incisions delight

You bring life into my fingers
Leaving my mind fulfilled
Even though you pull at my strings
I will be your puppet forever

Oh great muse within the world
You make reality brightened
I let go of this worldly vessel
Into the dream, into the light

Transcend my mind forever

Post yours!


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: Rocker232]
    #11583672 -

Trapped Inside the Canvas

I stare at the painting and feel its glare
Trapped inside the canvas it hates my stare
How could they imprison beauty
And trap it on the page?

I look to the portrait of the beautiful woman
It looks back and me wonders how I stand
They have taken my legs and left only a torso
I am beautiful yet I am a freakshow

I read the notes within the song
They hate to be subjected
They bring forth ecstasy and delight
Yet they can never more from my sight

I see the statue and remark at its glory
How could they turn a man to stone
Showcase man and his might
Cripple him and steal his sight

I know the character within the book
He will never know me
I know his thoughts and why he fights
I am the stranger watching

I love art that is trapped within the world
I have none of my own so I marvel at their own
I dig and dig to find its center
I too am trapped, frozen and segmented.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: Rocker232]
    #11589954 -

cool, nice poems!  I dont have many poems but here is a short one I wrote a year or so ago.

A weakened soldier
Darkness settles in
I am ready for the take over
A flight to the unconscious
A hostile invasion of my wake mind
But I am a willing hostage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: cogent]
    #11590089 -

cogent said:
cool, nice poems!  I dont have many poems but here is a short one I wrote a year or so ago.

A weakened soldier
Darkness settles in
I am ready for the take over
A flight to the unconscious
A hostile invasion of my wake mind
But I am a willing hostage



nice. it's about sleep right?

I like the implication of war. Like sleep is a (supposedly) unwelcome reprieve from the waking world.


--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.
                         
                                              ~William S. Burroughs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11590129 -

a couple of my more recent ones:


Priorganitation

internalize
process influence and spit out your own
prioritize
would you rather be correct or would you rather please?
configure
yourself to weather this thought storm
decide
whose opinion matters most?
manufacture
a plan for your thoughts
revoke
your subscriptions
make your own
and build it right
stress test each nut and bolt with
fire and water and distress

dream a dream that will not break you

Windoes

the houses here are too close together
scrunched colonies
our windows gasp for air
watching neighbors pace
i'm sure they've seen me shake at my desk
but i'm too scared to conceil it
because everyone is worried
when no one has any money
and my neighbors mom and dad now live upstairs.
just 20 feet from my window
and this has me scared
and everyone is so scared of money
and coughing strangers
that no one leaves their houses
and we all stand at our windows
watching squirrels
and gasping for air.

Channel 4
a tiny frame
surveying the scene
could only fit
so much debris

stroking a crime scene
up and down
up and down
so much glass

list(e)x

kiss
touch
finger
fuck
love
thrust
cock
splatter
latex
rubbish
basket


Edited by StaleShrooms (12/05/09 01:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11590232 -

Quote:
list(e)x
kiss
touch
finger
fuck
love
thrust
cock
splatter
latex
rubbish
basket



The best.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11590261 -

cogent said:
cool, nice poems!  I dont have many poems but here is a short one I wrote a year or so ago.

A weakened soldier
Darkness settles in
I am ready for the take over
A flight to the unconscious
A hostile invasion of my wake mind
But I am a willing hostage



nice. it's about sleep right?

I like the implication of war. Like sleep is a (supposedly) unwelcome reprieve from the waking world.



Yeppers it is. 
list (e) x is great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: cogent]
    #11593949 -

Quote:
Sands of God

Processes unfold in the cortex to engage in the collective recollapse

Haunted eyes distill the light to reveal the everywhere divine prospecting



Ascension to the unjudging realm

A mission to become lost in the twilight desert industria

Hidden away in the crests of mind

In which the waiting winds of greater being rise to wake the sands of God



Critical pattern of psychoflux stacks resonance to remold mind

Unveiling mystery of unnavigable creeping superstructure immersed in the black liquid of the universal eye

As the physical remnants lift to meet the water line

Ejecting soul into the disintegrated parallels of a frozen waking dream



Quote:
Scriptures of the Mind

Winding rivers leading to the inner stratum

The non-beating heart

Suspended in the mist of

Fuel vapor

Connoisseur of dredging memories

False actor

Misapprehender

Grasper of the dark lights


A feeling that lonesomeness

is a slow descent

Again the mind drops,

into relativity

Not aware this is where it always stays

Over complication of the subject matter –

Being

Fear cuts and molds

a weakened substitute

to roam the house as a beggar


The world is different each time -

Lost at sea in the psyche

Another night washed upon a remote island

I will have to make shelter here

pretend this is Me.

Brushing the foilage aside

Demons dance around a camp fire

Erratic

The psychic winds forever blow back to peace

But for now I've broken the sail

So I join them in the dance

And hope they will share in the warmth


True nothingness comes from doing nothing

The ship will sail off the edge of the world

The organism becomes its own prey

Digesting itself

Eating away


Suddenly,

The way forward is lit

By candles

Which begin to flicker in the wind

Weary now,

Effort spills from the wounds

For its own sake

Stumbling forward through faithlessness

The last destination:

Onward




http://noise-distillery.deviantart.com/


--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell


For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: burgatory]
    #11593970 -

fireantsandmartingourds.blogspot.com


Quote:
I have
come
to be the
gambler
and the thief;
gambling at
tomorrow
and stealing all
my yesterdays.
I have
come
to be a
liar
and a prophet;
delivering
all the news
that never
was.
I have
come
to be the
sick
and the
poor;
licking up
the tonic water
for the drink
and the quinine.
I have
come
to be
the pusher
and the
priest; selling
just to buy
a way to
heaven.
I have
come
to be
the dog and
the horse;
nipping at my
own heels
to pull.
The more
I run
the
faster I die
and
the darker
the day
the brighter
the moon.
I have
come to
be the
gambler
and the
thief;
losing all my yesterdays
at a crooked game of
tomorrow.




--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: Rocker232]
    #11594020 -

As my thoughts arrive,
My shell seeks idle.
But inside this placid lot,
Finds an earth-like design.

To an Arbiter;
an abyss
To himself;
a world

As time burns through,
My question remains
When will these universes coincide?
Plotting the release,
From that hollow chain had never ceased
For my mind is my cage all along.


--------------------
STFU and go eat some mushrooms :greenshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: Mchaggis]
    #11594344 -



--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell


For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: 1200 Micrograms]
    #11595659 -

1200 Micrograms said:
Quote:
list(e)x
kiss
touch
finger
fuck
love
thrust
cock
splatter
latex
rubbish
basket



The best.



:lol:

Rocker, yeah cerberus shoal is very good :wink:


Our words are linear but do not merely sneer when you fear an innate inadequacy.
Our thoughts are linear but I’d like to see if they can smear.
On the borderline of sensation and wordy stagnation we can find our own way to betray subjectivity.
Though we tend to prefer an objectification let us not always commit mutual masturbation.
Losing ourselves in our own private dialectic we’ll submit to our loopy self idea.
Solipsistic by products of ones own advertisements apparently self destruct when we engage our grand collective definition.
Ah someone finally threw a grenade in here, and I’d like you to pull the pin.
Maybe for a time we’ll forget the grandiose linear representations we over dictate and syndicate day in and day out!
Although our personalities seem verbally linear don’t merely sneer when you fear we’re only the icing on the cake of our mentality.


Change here change there; everywhere we look it’s glaring. Paradoxes inside hairy brain boxes are what we find when we’re hitch hiking with psychotic companions. Sometimes thinking to ourselves… we aren’t here. Foaming at the mouth… this can’t be… Perhaps you ought to climb in her basket full of mortals and maybe she’ll set a place for you at her picnic. Ah but who the fuck could she be? One thing is sure, you’ll rot before too long; yes, but maybe thought shots fired at your waving white flag will make you laugh! What else could you do!? Change here change there, everywhere this pompous ego looks the jester quickly dances by. One thing, many things, no matter, paradoxes inside hairy brain boxes are all we can manage, when we’re trying hard out here.


:lol:


--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Edited by andrewss (12/06/09 12:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: Rocker232]
    #11595934 -

Rocker232 said:
Writing with the Help of Music

With a note my mind becomes turned on
The sleeping giant has awoke
Your melody brings light and darkness
Your voice paints the world in strokes

A picture composed within my mind
Is a testament to your might
Human brain oh how I wonder
Musical incisions delight

You bring life into my fingers
Leaving my mind fulfilled
Even though you pull at my strings
I will be your puppet forever

Oh great muse within the world
You make reality brightened
I let go of this worldly vessel
Into the dream, into the light

Transcend my mind forever



I really like that one!

I write short ones, they are usually for lyrics though.

_________________
Can't see in the night
It's all black and white

The colors have gone
inside your mind

Open your eyes
And watch the sunrise

The clouds are floating by
_________________
The sun's broken by the trees
Flashing light between the leaves
Shadows dance behind the green
All I see is what's between
_________________


--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #11596902 -

tempingasashaman said:
_________________
The sun's broken by the trees
Flashing light between the leaves
Shadows dance behind the green
All I see is what's between
_________________



(I'm assuming this one is not a part of the first poem)

nice. at first i was like "oh great, another rhyming poem for the sake of rhyming." i thought it was going to be kinda lame and like a played out "how beautiful is nature? right?" kinda poem.

then on the last line. boom. insight. validated and qualified it. not that the first three lines were bad or anything, but it wasnt terribly novel, then the last line it was like..."wow"

nice poem.

EDIT: sorry if it sounds like i trashed the first three lines of your poem, thats not how i meant it at all. the first three lines are good for what they are, but no novel concepts. then on the last line i was like "ohhhh, he was setting the stage for this."


--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.
                         
                                              ~William S. Burroughs

Edited by StaleShrooms (12/06/09 03:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11596928 -

Damn there is a lot of cool stuff in this topic. I'm going to go smoke some weed and return here with my thoughts! Keep it coming guys. I have something to post too that I wrote yesterday while taking a train ride. Short or lone, poetry is awesome.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: Rocker232]
    #11596984 -

Rocker232 said:
Short or lone, poetry is awesome.



Agreed. I just wish i could read the longer ones. I have pretty bad ADD so i have trouble keeping the whole poem in my head and decoding the insights of the poem as a whole.

I agree tho, there is some great work in here.


--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.
                         
                                              ~William S. Burroughs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11597810 -

A headfull

Floral moonlit sunlight persevering over purple clouds made of marshmallow lint

A faint glint in your eye, a reflection of the sky

Unanimous animus procreating hippopotamus in line with a bundle of stocks for the cap day pay trade shoe store stops

Buggin out luggin out floppin down the corner with a chainsaw chopper mopper named two bit franky four fingers

The stench lingers fan it off with a wastebasket
or mask it with funky fa-breeze financial plan scam
Allegorical topsy turvy on an unhinged loot cringe 

oh man, that’s the worst -- the guy woke up in a bed-hearse

Creative juices mixed with meditative goodness
spill forth from mandible obtruses

Musical movements, red curry improvements
cookin up the kitchen with a single lift fork flick

Travel the seas, waters uncharted set sail before a map was found and wasn’t sure who planned it but he pressed on

Grin on his face, wind on his face, herb in the base
he was good to go and take a hit

Part of him said make a book the other said music or painting
Spinning from choices he chose to keep spinning

surfing down the eye of a blurry thought tornado
munchin on a mango he screamed out loud JANGO- JANGO- JANGO! 

It matters not, was what he thought
Torch the lot with all you’ve got

Burning man a no man’s land that gets out of hand

Seek and explore out on the desert floor
curious to know more, a guaranteed no-bore

Resurface on the moon with a whole platoon

Take out the junk bots with your funk shots

Style like water carve a mountain with a stream 

Voice of doubt, if you hear em you call em out

Out where its bright , the moods are known to be just right

Stable balanced heavy softy
goals were considered inter-dimensionally lofty

We go bye now, don’t forget say hi now,
right now,  right now, right now…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11599131 -

StaleShrooms said:
tempingasashaman said:
_________________
The sun's broken by the trees
Flashing light between the leaves
Shadows dance behind the green
All I see is what's between
_________________



(I'm assuming this one is not a part of the first poem)

nice. at first i was like "oh great, another rhyming poem for the sake of rhyming." i thought it was going to be kinda lame and like a played out "how beautiful is nature? right?" kinda poem.

then on the last line. boom. insight. validated and qualified it. not that the first three lines were bad or anything, but it wasnt terribly novel, then the last line it was like..."wow"

nice poem.

EDIT: sorry if it sounds like i trashed the first three lines of your poem, thats not how i meant it at all. the first three lines are good for what they are, but no novel concepts. then on the last line i was like "ohhhh, he was setting the stage for this."



Wow man, that was really nice of you. I totally understand what you mean about the first three lines, they really have no meaning except to paint a pretty picture until the real reason drops. But thanks so much for the kind words, totally insightful for me.


--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #11607299 -

The manic cry of captive minds,
mimicked by the pale orange streetlight,
a phoenix pyre of the times,
signals high into the blue night.

The currents flow is all we know,
floating in free-fall's calm,
a self insistent melody,
the grainy one you wonder on.

to ride in loves allure,
Echo cries forever.
Its like a memory,
how it's all right here.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've played your game to taste dismay.
It's real because it's fear and pain,
but everything is spent again.
Unable to stand up defend,
I try to fly away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Post Your Poetry Topic [Re: wyndham]
    #11608078 -

This is a piece I recently started working on, though finals are keeping me busy.

Beneath the Skull a Machine is Intuitive though Elastic

START.

Metal latches trifecta-pulley-raise the spirit of children replaced by Desoxyn-flavored gumdrops. Where there once were eyes is now substituted with mini-planets, spinning at unaccounted warp-speed rates of economic acceleration. This type of monetary system is great for inducing temporary dizziness, other side effects can/or include core-melting, planet-warming, hallucinogenic-like tantrums, obtrusive sweating and organic vegetables.

The Desoxyn-grumdrop children will spin their arms in a clockwise, vagrant manner. If/before they reposition their coordinates for the clapping, action-match on off, arm swing, there should be minimal wind measurement. There is the possibility that nobody notices his or her silent disposition of a slapping then a screaming of painful desire, the kind that peels back the nose of a Boeing 747 model airplane, mid-flight. If the child that’s holding the remote control so decides, or if he or she so miscalculates then there may be immortal accidents, such that twin towers fall at the feet of Jesus, smiling. Governmental conspiracies are ten second commercials: fast-forward…

As adults, they’ll imbibe the radio-active confidence concealed beneath barrel lids, containing weapons of masterful destruction, segregated into power positions, directed towards the queens slice of pie: three by three squares away, the king and his pointed triangle of pawns.

END.

START.

There exist seven or more dimensions among the flesh and organs of a rotten primate-upgrade. A rotten primate-upgrade carries seven or more dimensions that release seven or more spirits and/or seven or more paths for walking. Walking down one path may result in walking down another, according to the Victorian pompous class and Freudian theory.

The hereby seven dimensions may only exist beneath one shadow, but when shadows layer, one on top of the other then dimensions should divide 2/3 into .33333333, and on, until a decision is made, acutely. The stretching motion of a rubber band is infinite elasticity.

END.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Poetry.com Scarfmeister 1,055 2 04/22/03 12:44 PM
by rommstein2001
* Poetry GrowingVines 2,778 19 10/01/02 05:12 AM
by Frog31337
* Silly Poems With No Real Meaning Muppet 1,456 7 08/17/02 06:13 PM
by Muppet
* poetry poetry poetry Kid_A 1,247 2 02/07/19 01:33 PM
by crossbowchristian
* some poems..... Conscious_Shadow 1,376 9 10/28/02 02:50 PM
by Conscious_Shadow
* Poetry rommstein2001 1,747 8 06/14/03 03:38 PM
by rommstein2001
* poetry Thunderfuck 1,002 6 01/19/03 08:09 AM
by Thunderfuck
* Death By Water (Poetry) AislingGheal 368 1 04/08/03 05:10 PM
by shaggy101

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
2,720 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.