Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: What Method grows Cambodians the best?
    #11392 - 04/06/00 04:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Well shit, I better go tell my Cambodians to quit pinning on their cakes then :biggrin:

But seriously Cambodians are just another strain of cubensis. Since you sound like a first-timer you should definitely go with the PF-tek (MMGG) method. Once you get some experience you could look into a casing method.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#11394 - 04/06/00 04:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah,i grew 3 br/verm,and 3 birdseed/verm cakes pf style and they turned out great.those are definently one of the easier strains i've grown-and potent too.the birdseed cakes produced a little bigger than the rice cakes.

OfflinePsilowarrior
enthusiast
    #11395 - 04/06/00 04:30 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I was equally impressed with the birdseed cakes.

Anonymous

#11396 - 04/06/00 04:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

another_dimension and nijalife, how many days have you guys been growing em'? are they really as fast as thier supposed to be?also someone on another post told me that cambodians have a hard time fruiting unless they are cased did you two case yours? i just sent the money off yesterday for my cambodians :smile:

OfflineNyar15
    #11397 - 04/07/00 02:13 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I grew 6 brf/verm and 6 rice. The strain I had supposedly was screwed up (er, the syringes were screwed up I mean). They took about 30 days to colonize cakes, and then a week or so to pin, cased. I found out later that for the first two weeks after innoculation my incubation temps were around 100 degrees. These are hardy spores. I got a very low yield, and no second flush. They are fairly potent though. I have some growing on a variation of Alien's Quinoa substrate and they are doing pretty well. I'm happy to get anything since it was my first time growing. I haven't tried any of the Cambodians that came from a good batch (my prints) yet but I'm looking forward to it.

--Nyar15

Anonymous

#11398 - 04/07/00 03:30 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Well, it is hard to say...

My Cambodians are from Ryche's first batch, and there was some trouble in the beginning, Ryche said that the syringes were kind of weak.

Anyway, it did colonize pretty slowly (but surely), and took about an extra 3 days after the Ecuadors.

The cakes don't look anything like the Ecuadors did 3 days ago (the Ecuadors are nearing completion of the first flush, and there are mad mushrooms everywhere).

There is only one cake out of five without pins though (Cambodian), but there aren't nearly as many as the Ecuadors. So maybe casing is the way to go with Cambodians, but hey, it is possible to use a PF-tek/MMGG method.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#11399 - 04/07/00 03:52 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Let me dispell all rumors. The cambodians will grow from cakes just fine, or cased.
Anyway you see fit. In the beginning.. when God created man.... ooh... I mean in the beginning when I made the first initail batches of the cambodian spores.. there were some problems. Those have been fixed. All the recent batches being shipped #7-#10 you'll see some extremely fast growing mycelium.
2 of my test jars from #8 started pinning and growing mushrooms in the jars and they were only 3 weeks old. The strange part is I had the heater on to high in the incubation chamber and thought I cooked the spores.
The took a week to start germinating, 2 weeks to fully colonize and pin and fruit in the jars without being birthed. I took some pics, I"ll post them next week when I have more time.

You guys should all start hearing some great reports on the cambodians here real soon :smile:

Love to hear some feedback.. keep it coming.
-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
For all your legal mushroom spores and cultures visit  <a href="http://www.muShrooms.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">www.muShrooms.com</a>

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores since 1998

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation