Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAlphaFalfa
imagine

Loc: 3 Seconds Ago. Flag
Cultural Myth - News Casters are the spitting image of confidence.
    #11373541 - 11/03/09 12:41 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

AKA Not caring what people think.

trouble is that they simply act...if you look closely at a news caster, they usually just hide their emotions well...because you can bet your ass that if they have one thump of emotional outburst that they tried to cover up, deep down they feel the same thing we all feel....ironcially, I bet most of their confidence comes from their ability to hide their lack there-of.

Confidence to me is overrated. It fails at making me as happy as I am when I endlessly searched for it....

:rolleyes:

--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Cultural Myth - News Casters are the spitting image of confidence. [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #11374115 - 11/03/09 02:29 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

bro I think news casters are people who are paid to read the news. They need to look like they know what theyre talking about, and have concerns that align with common consensus, even though they are reading off a screen in front of them. that is their job.

confidence, on the other hand, is the ability to actually tell the news without any palm cards and it is a very valuable skill, I think? perhaps when it is put to better ends than the 'news'

--------------------

OfflineAlphaFalfa
imagine

Loc: 3 Seconds Ago. Flag
Re: Cultural Myth - News Casters are the spitting image of confidence. [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11374143 - 11/03/09 02:38 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Yet it is always given respect for being the face of confidence. Ie. While in university, I examined common confident dispositions that many presenters possessed. For the most part, they seemed to gain the affection of their peers and appear confident when they resembled the disposition of news casters.

confidence to me, on second thought, is simply another way we make for negative experiences. It simple reduces a persons expression and eliminates any chance to get in touch with the individual.

I agree with what your saying, I dont hate newscasters, just pointing out that a common characteristic amongst our culture in the context of confidence is closely linked to the way they portray themselves, dude.

I find it chilling to see their cold faces and even more chilling to see me feel bad about not being able to be so fucking lifeless....its extraordinarily reduction of what makes a person feel alive.

You catch my drift now?

--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Cultural Myth - News Casters are the spitting image of confidence. [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #11374487 - 11/03/09 04:48 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

what are these negative experiences you speak of?

I really don't think confidence reduces a person's expression! It increases it! However news readers are meant to talk in that cold way. It sounds important?

If I saw some person acting like a newsreader in real life id think they were a douche lol

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Cultural Myth - News Casters are the spitting image of confidence. [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11374741 - 11/03/09 07:11 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Confidence is a great way to move up in the pack. Get the girl and job you want. Or any other goal you might have, be it healthy or not.

Lack of confidence moves you in the other direction. Give me confidence any ol day.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology