Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood"
    #1695360 - 07/08/03 03:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The following idea is proposed by the man Stanislav Szukalski in his book "Behold!!! The Protong".

Szukalski espoused serious notions that the planets were slag that had been ejected off the sun. He interpreted the 26,000 year period of the earth's rotating procession as periods of calm with intervals causing continents to rise and fall (hence the disappearance of Atlantis) and the waxing and waning of the ice ages.

Szukalski envisioned great floods brought about by these global changes and saw mankind ravaged by these deluges. From these ancient survivors he surmised the first language spoken to be proto tongue, or as he called it, "Protong".

One of his primary sociological concepts proposes the premise that among the human races of the world was the blood link of cave-dwelling near-men that walked among us. Some were almost identical to us, while others who failed to breed with our ancestors were still in the basic form visiting us today as Yetis, Bigfoot, the Abdominable Snowman, etc...

He wrote, "All creatures have their seasons: their life-bursting, energy-spending summers, and their winters for hybernation and recuperation of life-vitality. So does the Sun itself."
"What is the purpose of oceans, lakes, rivers and oceans?After their bottoms have been refilled with the waters of melted snows and ice of the just elapsed Ice Age of the Farsolar Epoch, these waters are pulled back by the Sun's heat-caused GRAVITY in the following Nearsolar Epoch. From these vapors the Sun regains its combustive energy from lost hydrogen and helium. The function of the oceans, seas, lakes and rivers is that of water buckets wich at astronomic intervals of some 26,000 years are lowered into the interplanetery vastness to be refilled with the waters that, before melting, cloaked the hybernating earth as snow-ice. What then is the function of all the satellites, our earth among them? Their role is solely that of water-boys who are sent into the interplanetary well of the Ice Age waters, in order to revive our CREATOR, the Sun, from hybernation."

Mr. Szukalski goes on to cite page upon page of evidence for his theories, mostly relics and remains of early indegenous earth peoples. I highly recommend anyone with access to a copy of this book to delve deeper into this mystery which traditional science thinks it has all figured out.  :smirk:   

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: Adamist]
    #1695543 - 07/08/03 05:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/30/05 02:49 AM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: Xibalba]
    #1697025 - 07/08/03 06:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

LOL, do you believe everything they teach you in school? Your smug debunkery suggests it. Please try and open the box the Experts have constructed around you and formulate a reply that actually elucidates what you think, instead of mechanically dismissing it with a sarcasm that mistakes itself as objective. :lol: 

--------------------

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #1697338 - 07/08/03 09:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

do you believe everything they teach you in school?

Fuck no..  I went to catholic school.. :wink:

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: nubious]
    #1697599 - 07/08/03 11:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How does the sun get "rejuvinated" by our planet freezing over because of some uknown climatic occurence?

I always liked the Sioux indians' concept of the flood. A great flood came on the earth a longass time ago (Maybe Mr.M knows how long ago?) and all the Sioux people had to retreat into this one spot in southwest Minnesota. Eventually the flood crushed them and turned their blood and flesh into the Sioux indian's sacred pipe stone. Its the only spot where this red stone is located and its in a National Park. Only certain Native American tribes members may mine it from the quarry.

Peace.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: chunder]
    #1697815 - 07/09/03 12:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There was a flood around (I think) 1200 AD when an earthquake opened a crack on the columbia river and a huge wall of water came pouring through and scoured a huge area in Washington. I believe the lake that drained was where spokane is today. Pretty recent occurance and a solid source for Native American flood myths.

As for the universal flood myths, consider this:

The best method to pass down information about something like a flood would be through writing. Where does writing develop? Civilization. Where does civilization occur? Out in the desert and the high mountains where there is no water and therefore no chance for agriculture... just kidding. Civilization occurs where there is fertile land capable of supporting crops.. wet areas. If you live on a river for a long enough time then obviously you're going to experience a flood. Could this be why every civilization throughout the world has a flood myth? Due to the universality of civilization's locating itself on water?

What's-his-name's razor strikes again.

Did you know there's a city at the bottom of the dead sea? There's your biblical stuff.

Hey you guys hear about the pyramids and the city structures discovered under the ocean close to Cuba? They checked it out last summer with a robotic submarine and found solid evidence of a city and even mayan-style glyphs. They haven't released photos that I know of probably because they showed it to National Geographic to seal the deal for a manned submarine expedition broadcast live sometime this summer. Should be interesting... geologists say the area probably sank around 6000 BC, so that rewrites a lot of early history. Bye bye now

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: Dogomush]
    #1697940 - 07/09/03 12:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Around 1200 BC huh?

Wow, that's almost 3,600 years ago!

I wonder.. what caused the earthquake?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: Shroomism]
    #1697956 - 07/09/03 01:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well Shroomism, based on my acute observations and precise scientific calculations, I have determined that the earthquake was caused by a sudden pole shift of approximately 90 degrees which occured over a three day period as the Earth stopped rotating to align to it's new poles. Thus wreaking havoc on the physical landscape, causing much flooding, tidal waves, earthquakes, massive volcano expulsions, and the violent shifting of tectonic plates, causing mountains to form and others to fall..sometimes into the ocean.

--------------------

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1697984 - 07/09/03 01:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/30/05 02:48 AM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1698021 - 07/09/03 01:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

shroomism.. wasn't 1200 AD 800 years ago? You're confusing me. It is 2003 AD right? Like, it's not 2003 BC is it? Cause if it is, I'm gonna be RICH! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A COMPUTER WOULD COST IN ANCIENT EGYPT??!?!?!?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1698048 - 07/09/03 01:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

1200 AD..SHIT! I thought you said 1200 BC... ah well.. that's what I meant. I'm too delirious to be posting.. Shroomism out!

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1698722 - 07/09/03 05:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There's another flood theory based on geological evidence in the Mediterranean area. About 5 million years ago the straits of Gibraltar was dry land, and what we now call the Mediterranean Sea was a dry desert. But at that point the water broke through from the Atlantic and created a gigantic waterfall at Gibraltar and flooded the whole area between Europe and Africa. That was before any human species existed, so there are no stories from that event.

But much later a similar flooding happened in the Black Sea, the appendix of the Mediterranean located north of Turkey. Before 5650 BC the Black Sea was a freshwater lake, with lots of human settlements along the shores. The water level was much lower than in the Mediterranean. One day the water broke through and raised the water level several hundred feet. That's just 7600 years ago, the flooding was huge, and the location is pretty close to the Middle East and Greece where several flood legends were written down a couple of thousand years later.

I'm sure there have been other great floods at various times all over the world.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1698755 - 07/09/03 05:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

shroomism has earned the title

"delirious"

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1699410 - 07/09/03 01:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

maybe what this scientist is really trying to say, is that the force of the outer planets have an effect on the sun. that we as satellites keep it from getting too hot. from turning into a black hole. im not certain on the whole hydrogen thing.... but as far as water is concerned with concentration, the poles hold a lot of water and regulate our seasons. As of now the heating up of the earths atmosphere is causing sheets of ice and ice bergs to fall into the ocean causing it to lower its temperature by a lot. Thus causes a change in weather patterns. We could be coming out of the ice age still, and we have yet to feel that slap of change.

Water can have concentrations, its simple science. the less heat particles have, the less they move, and the closer they can get. so in colder water more water can be concentrated. Not to mention the changes in tides, along with all the different currents.

We dont live in a pool. and our planet isnt a gyroscope.

i never really had thought of it before the way about all the planets actually balancing out the sun. so maybe this guy is trying to say that due to balance we change interdependantly?

--------------------
What?

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1699454 - 07/09/03 01:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dogomush said:
shroomism.. wasn't 1200 AD 800 years ago? You're confusing me. It is 2003 AD right? Like, it's not 2003 BC is it? Cause if it is, I'm gonna be RICH! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A COMPUTER WOULD COST IN ANCIENT EGYPT??!?!?!?

umm... nothing?

fuck a computer, you are better off with a lighter, or better yet, a gun.

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: domite]
    #1699507 - 07/09/03 02:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah Rhizoid - that's a good one. The Mediterranean dried up and flooded several times over the last 20000 years I believe...perhaps longer....as the straits of gibralter sealed up with depositation. Which would explain why the flood is a global myth...because the med area contains the "fertile crescent" etc, the birthplace of our civilization. Although...damn, no - I have to contradict myself. Because 1) apparently they find the flood myth in different civilizations (injuns etc) 2) isn't the fertile crescent actually a product of the meditteranean system? I.e., if the med dried up, then would the area around it just be desert?(?) So why would there enough be people there to make the myth globally accepted?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: The universal myth (or memory...) of a "Great Flood" [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1699978 - 07/09/03 04:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

somebodyelse,

look up, way up, and check the response I made about how civilization is born on water because it's essential for agriculture which is essential for a sophisticated enough culture to have a writing system, and on a long enough timeline everybody on a river will experience a catastrophic flood of some kind.

The native north americans got their myth from the flood that I mentioned up above.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1700120 - 07/09/03 05:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"The native north americans got their myth from the flood that I mentioned up above."

Not neccessarily. That was a flood local to the Pacific Northwest. Even many of the plains indians believed their land was flooded, and that would take a hell of a fucking flood.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#1700223 - 07/09/03 06:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome reply, that's what I was looking for.

Too bad he's dead and can't come explain himself.  :shake: 

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1700802 - 07/09/03 10:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

speaking of snakes eating their tales. I had a dream last night of two big snakes eating each other's tales. and then on the news today I heard about a guy going into a lockheed-martin weapons plant and shooting a bunch of people.....ahhh synchronicity.

alas.....

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology