Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: If these earthquakes are the beginning of the endtimes... [Re: Phluck]
    #3560887 - 12/30/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's when these disasters start occuring closer and closer together that you need to be concerned. If there is another tsunami that has a huge death toll next year... and huge earthquakes killing people within one year of each other... that keep happening closer and closer together... I'd start worrying then. Largest in 40 years? It seems that things like long ago would occur which much greater time lengths between them.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: If these earthquakes are the beginning of the endtimes... [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3560975 - 12/30/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Really almost no way to tell.
We've been keeping records of such things for.. how long? A hundred years, somewhat accurately?

With more people everywhere, more instruments, and more ways to get word out instantly.. things often seem much worse than they are.

How long's since it been since we had an entire city engulfed in volcanic ash? It's happened in the past.. that's pretty extreme.

This quake was the largest in 40 years.. but only the 4th largest, i believe, in the past hundred years. What about those other 3? Were they also the calling card of the end?
What about quakes before that, that we have no idea of really measuring? There've been some doozies in the past, though they may not have seemed as bad to us looking back. Less destruction, fewer casualties -- on account of lower buildings, and fewer and less densely packed people.

Not to say it wasn't a hell of a disaster -- last I heard it was up to over 114,000 dead -- but it's not something new.
Our planet is not a tranquil, unchanging little blue sphere. It can be quite cranky at times.

I mean damn -- if we went into another Ice Age, I'm sure everyone would start yelling about the endtimes.. but humans have already lived through one ice age. can't be an endtimes if it happens repeatedly and doesn't end things.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: If these earthquakes are the beginning of the endtimes... [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3561135 - 12/30/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Largest in 40 years? It seems that things like long ago would occur which much greater time lengths between them.

Why does it seem like that? When was the San Francisco earthquake? 1904?

Does it only seem that way because then your theory works?

It seems to me, that the way you think it seems, isn't the way it is at all.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]