Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Suburban myths. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2242724 - 01/14/04 08:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Nice post. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Suburban myths. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #2242743 - 01/14/04 09:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Physically or mentally productive??? Don't quote me on this, but I am almost definately positive I read confirmed tests on cocaine proving it to make you more physically productive while under the "altered state of consciousness". The people who were given the cocaine were able to perform strenuous physical work for longer periods of time then those who were not administered the coke. "

The link they provide is generally disputing the idea that an altered mind is more tuned in, creative, or productive.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Suburban myths. [Re: Phluck]
    #2242747 - 01/14/04 09:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The link they provide is generally disputing the idea that an altered mind is more tuned in, creative, or productive.

I don't know about creative. I've heard about tests on people who were given psilocybin who were asked to do word association, and the answers they gave tended to be more creative than the placebo group. Also, from my own experience, I find that I write songs better when I'm either high on weed or tweaking.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Suburban myths. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2242757 - 01/14/04 09:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"I've heard about tests on people who were given psilocybin who were asked to do word association, and the answers they gave tended to be more creative than the placebo group."

How exactly does one measure the creativity of the words chosen?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineShizpow
Street Samurai

Loc: Oregon
    #2242868 - 01/14/04 10:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"How exactly does one measure the creativity of the words chosen? "

Free association, not exactly creativity. But yes, mushrooms increase free association, according to a study I read recently. I don't have a reference handy, but it's probably on Erowid somewhere. The idea is that if your mind is in a state where it's more likely to make associations that it normally wouldn't, then your art will have more avenues to explore and so you could say that creativity is somewhat boosted.

--------------------
If you cut a face lengthwise, urinate on it, and trample on it with straw sandles, it is said that the skin will come off. This was heard by the priest Gyojaku when he was in Kyoto. It is information to be treasured.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2243137 - 01/15/04 12:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I believed...

...we only use 10% of our brain.

...the full moon affects human behavior. (Still do, actually, even after reading.)

Good thread. Was interesting to read about the beliefs that some hold to be true, even if I didn't know about them.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: Suburban myths. [Re: Anonymous]
    #10329133 - 05/12/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Myth 80. President Ronald Reagan cut government spending, lowered taxes, reduced the deficit, got government off our backs by deregulation, and encouraged free market economies abroad.

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Suburban myths. [Re: trendal]
    #10330836 - 05/13/09 02:51 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Men and women do have the same number of ribs, no matter what you believe.

Yes exactly :smile:

Something often overlooked by the people who think we have different numbers of ribs (usually in support of "Adam and Eve") is that you can completely regrow a rib if it is removed. It's one of the only organs in the body with this ability to completely regrow. If you remove one of your ribs (the WHOLE thing!) it will grow back in a month or so.

these guys i used to work with, Brazilians and really great people, were telling me aobut this guy who cut his finger off, not the whole thing but quite a bit (past the nail), and he put like stuff for horses who have cuts or something or another and the rest of the finger grew back.

not sure if its true, but they said they saw it on the news.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate