Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days!
    #11299378 -

http://djhero.com/


Has anyone seen this?  I never really got into Guitar hero but this looks like it might be pretty sweet.

It is out on the 27th for $120!  Check it out.


--------------------
I AM THE LIQUOR!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: Helge]
    #11299383 -

I hope someone uploads the tracks to torrent. I'm interested to hear them.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: Helge]
    #11299392 -

I guess if people complain enough, we can get a "(Something) Hero" for each race.

Next, they'll be making a "Sitar Hero" for people in India.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11299396 -

What?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: jewunit]
    #11299408 -

You know... white people play Guitar Hero, black people can play DJ Hero, you and I will be able to play "Dreidel Hero", and Indians can play Sitar Hero.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11299417 -

You can't be serious.

I'm pretty sure more white people made tracks for the game than black people.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: jewunit]
    #11299469 -

Do you mean wrote the music for the tracks, or helped to design the game?


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11299494 -

Made the tracks. If I wanted to say made the game I would have said made the game.
Both the original tracks and the mixes.
I think DJ Shadow was their biggest outside contributor. He isn't black.
The two commercials I've seen feature Justice and Daft Punk, both white French duos.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: jewunit]
    #11299530 -

Eh, looks about half and half (if we count Eminem as being a black man).


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Hero
Many DJ and mix artists have contributed to the game both in the game's development, the creation of mixes, and in lending their images for playable avatars in the game; these including Eminem, Jay-Z, DJ Shadow, Z-Trip, DJ AM, Cut Chemist, J.Period, Grandmaster Flash, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Daft Punk.



Besides dude, I was being facetious.

I don't think a Dreidel Hero would sell very well.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11299567 -

Half and half?
White: Eminem, DJ Shadow, Z-Trip, Cut Chemist, J. Period, Daft Punk
Black: Jay-Z, Grandmaster Flash, DJ Jazzy Jeff

3/9 does not equal 1/2.

Not to mention the original tracks are pretty impossible to pigeonhole.

Stop trying to make issues where they don't exist.

I'd also say (with no evidence what-so-ever to back me up) that stepping behind turn tables is no more a stereotypical black thing than it is a white thing right now. In fact it's probably more "white" to be DJing.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: jewunit]
    #11299583 -

I believe I said "about half and half if we include Eminem as a black man".  And 4/9 is "about" half in this situation.  We couldn't get perfectly half unless one of the artists was half black.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11299604 -

But since Eminem is white we count him as a white man.

Can't just go making people a different race because they don't fit your predetermined notions of what people of a certain color do or don't do.

Otherwise being a racist wouldn't be an issue because everyone in their right mind would be one.

Edit: For the record it's pretty impossible to tell when you're being facetious since you have such extreme(ly ridiculous) views.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: jewunit]
    #11299716 -

I think its pretty racist of you to conclude that race is all about skin color, and that Eminem can't be black just because his skin is white.

Michael Jackson suffered his entire life because people thought he was black, just because his skin was black.  All he wanted was for people to see him as white.  And 9 years old.

Plus... how do you know what my views are?  Am I really how I portray myself on this site, or do I just enjoy inciting debate and trolling?


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11299737 -

I have no idea so I just assume based on the information you put out there.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: jewunit]
    #11299945 -

Wow... This thread got fucked.

Anyone actually plan on buying the DJ Hero?  If you would actually read the details on it, it looks really cool.--IMO

And I could care less if it is a rip off of the Guitar hero.  I am way more interested in the music offered on the DJ hero then Guitar, and I think it would be just as addicting to me as the Guitar hero is to millions of others.


--------------------
I AM THE LIQUOR!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11299956 -

DragonChaser said:
Indians can play Sitar Hero.



lol dude I would totally play Sitar Hero


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: laserpig]
    #11300119 -

pretty lame if you ask me

playing around in FLstudio is likely much more gratifying and awsome.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: twighead]
    #11300183 -

Ssshhhhh!!

Dude do you have any idea what could happen with you talking like that?
If we don't channel this generation's potential for creativity into unproductive mimicry, it could set off a whole wave of innovation and imaginative thought! That would ruin everything!

We need games like DJ hero to prevent that from happening.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: laserpig]
    #11300237 -

eminem is white. Just cause hes a rapper doesnt make him black :lol:


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DJ Hero! Step Aside Guitar Hero! 5 days! [Re: sui]
    #11300554 -

there is a noisia song however... and that would be pretty badass/difficult.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Guitar Hero StonedShroom 2,363 14 12/02/06 10:01 PM
by StonedShroom
* I'm loving Guitar Hero 2
( 1 2 all )
Spooge 2,729 25 11/12/06 07:10 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Drunk + Guitar Hero = fun at a party Konnrade 873 11 07/24/06 02:26 AM
by TrippinTeddy
* Guitars
( 1 2 3 all )
Infrared 6,129 47 02/23/04 05:37 PM
by temperance
* good dj name
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,547 36 02/01/03 04:32 PM
by ClosetCase
* Guitar tabs Cepheus 1,428 12 06/04/06 10:20 PM
by sunit
* Mushroom related dj name?
( 1 2 all )
djsage420 2,798 36 09/06/05 09:29 PM
by djsage420
* How do DJ's make Trance?
( 1 2 3 all )
theuser 3,946 48 03/21/06 06:41 PM
by coda

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,119 topic views. 7 members, 8 guests and 147 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.