Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: coda]
    #5417380 - 03/18/06 09:55 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

DnB rocks but fucking house can lick my balls.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5417383 - 03/18/06 09:57 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

What kinda house?

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5417384 - 03/18/06 09:57 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
old good trance = union jack
happy clubber shit = dj sammy

k, I'll dl a few tracks, thanks.

--------------------
:heart:

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: Konnrade]
    #5417683 - 03/18/06 11:53 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Konnrade said:
Nothing much more complicated than a drum machine.

Trance can be created with no musical instruments and no musical talent. All it needs is somebody to set up the program that generates it. Give it 10 years, and you won't even need a person to make it, you can ask a robot to whip up a trance track :rolleyes:

thats the most ignorant, uneducated, retarded
statement ive ever read.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: DNKYD]
    #5417698 - 03/19/06 12:00 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Yes. Most trance these days is just happy clubber shit that makes me want to stab the nearest person.

:lol:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: 40oz]
    #5417738 - 03/19/06 12:15 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

40oz said:
Quote:

Konnrade said:
Nothing much more complicated than a drum machine.

Trance can be created with no musical instruments and no musical talent. All it needs is somebody to set up the program that generates it. Give it 10 years, and you won't even need a person to make it, you can ask a robot to whip up a trance track :rolleyes:

thats the most ignorant, uneducated, retarded
statement ive ever read.

actually he's spot on, anthem trance (cheesy clubber shit) is pretty formulaic.  4/4 beat 130-140 BPM, cheesy synths/piano, female vocal, add a few drum builds with 2 min ambient noise breaks between them and you've got a trance track.  :grin:  :wink:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: eligal]
    #5417742 - 03/19/06 12:17 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

A rel dj uses turntables, a synthazizer, and mixing equipment. I like live djs better. fuck using a shitty computer, anybody can opperate a comp. only a hand full can actually master the art of truntables. just the way they bring it all together is amazing.

-fan of...
goa trance
trance
hard trance
psytrance
rave

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5417746 - 03/19/06 12:18 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

lol man, a monkey can mix beats, to program and create music takes more talent then matching beats and blending music.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #5417747 - 03/19/06 12:19 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

shulman

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5417759 - 03/19/06 12:22 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
a monkey can mix beats

hey man... im actually havin problems with beat matching...  :frown: then again, one turntable is broken so i havent been able to try much... :tongue:
damn i need a new turntable

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: eligal]
    #5417768 - 03/19/06 12:28 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

the easiest way to learn how to match beats is to cut out all the bullshit.  Kill the mids and the highs and FOCUS on the kick drums.  Fuck mixing if you cant match beats, sit there and try to keep two records matched up the entire time in your headphones.  Pay attention to the sounds of the kicks when the fall off fast or slow, learning the difference between the two is vital to learning how to patch up sloppy matching or when on equipment which isnt top notch.

all you need is two hours a day, if you put in two solid hours every day for 31 days by the end of the month you'll have a very strong hold on beat matching. 

practice makes perfect man, just listen to the music it will tell you what you need to do :smile:

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
    #5417780 - 03/19/06 12:38 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

trance/house/techno/all that kind of music sucks... you can pretty much predict every beat theyre about to make before it even happens, even the crashes/breakdowns (whatever you call them).. i guess thats what makes it good  :shrug:

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: theuser]
    #5417783 - 03/19/06 12:40 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

For all who say you dont need turntables to mix, what if your mixing live? its not the same shit, you have to pull it out of your ass and come up with some top notch shit to keep the crowd pumped. they dont want to watch you stand there glued to your computer and mixers. you need speed with percision. truntables are the way to go. you have more abilities and sounds to work with, not to mention it takes more brains to no how it all works. what methods to use. how to make the sounds that other dont know how. Theres endless sound possibilites with tables. and equipment, you need a good understanding and experiance to make it happen.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5417797 - 03/19/06 12:51 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

hows 14 years experience for you? like i said before mixing beats, even if its "on the fly", takes nowhere near as much talent as creating your own music from scratch.

Second of all 90% of the dancers on a floor couldnt tell a solid mix from a poor mix. I think you have little to no understanding of how a live PA performance works either. Most of your beloved "pro" dj's preprogram their sets and play it over and over. I saw micro spin the same set in NYC he spun in philadelphia THE NIGHT BEFORE during the caffeine tour.

--------------------

-JG

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

#5417812 - 03/19/06 01:03 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Ive seen plenty of pro djs at live perfomances, I have a freind whos a live dj .alot of em pre program the simple constant beats. its the complicated shit they come up with along the way. And its not all the same. you have the crappy trance and the good trance. what ive found is the good trance have "peaks" climaxes. their only for 10, 15 minutes tops. but the rest sucks. If it was a good dj, theyd have some bad ass shit all the way through, and have the climaxes.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5417815 - 03/19/06 01:05 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

i give up, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about so im effectively trying to prove my point to a brick wall :smile:

--------------------

-JG

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

#5417828 - 03/19/06 01:15 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

My job is done here.... :grin:, no but seriously, Ive ben wanting to get into the mixing shit with turntables. I have a freind who is contracted with clubs and all that its awsome, but I have no money to invest in it right now. what about dj aphrodite? ive seen him mixing stuff up as he goes along.whats your take on him? with 14 years i garentee you know more than me :ooo:, what equipment do you use?

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#5417938 - 03/19/06 02:59 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I think you're confusing a deejay act w/ a live PA (performance artist). When someone dj's a set, they're just spinning records. Of course, it takes a discerning ear to be able to match beats and make sure that the 2 (or sometimes more) records sound good together. I've been DJ'ing for more than 5 years, and only just now am I starting to get into the production aspect.

Also, you keep making references to what makes a DJ good. If their mixing skills are up to par, then a deejay can only be as good as his or her vinyl. I have a friend who has great mixing capabilities (the guy who taught me how to spin, more or less), but his records are complete crap; pure cheese. If a deejay plays good songs, it's because they know how to properly select their vinyl.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5417958 - 03/19/06 03:30 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Exactly, there more to Dj'in than just mixing beats. I've been doing it for about 2 years now and mixing is just the basics to it all. The ability for a DJ to "read" the crowd and put that track that will make the crowd go crazy is the most important. Also Most Dj's will usually pre-organize their mixes and repeat them at other shows cause alot of thought goes into them. Alot of Dj's organize what tracks would go best with eatchother by harmonic mixing and such.

Also why is everybody hating on trance? Does anybody not look past the cheesey trance such as Darude, Dj sammy....? Alot of the people here should check out www.juno.co.uk. Their Uplifting Trance section will show you the greatest trance tracks that are comin out nowdays.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: How do DJ's make Trance? [Re: Osker246]
    #5418032 - 03/19/06 06:44 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

here is my weapon of choice i creaty my psy techno wit :

its a rom based groovebox, got a drumcomp, stepsequenzer and two synths built right in.
super compact, super sounds, but also super limited - as u cannot upload additional data
but have to stick to modifying and rearranging prexistend coded sounds,
btu korg supplied tons of quality filters and effects so i am loving it longtime :heart:

BOOM !
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds