Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Unhealthy internet addiction
    #11026289 -

First and foremost Id like to say that the internet is an invaluable tool for gathering information.

I also think it has the ability to do alot of bad.

When it gets to the point that I spend whole beautiful days locked inside on the internet things are getting out of hand.

I try to break away from it all. I turn off my computer, I pack it away; I go out on the town, to the bar or to a friend's house. I travel out of state for a couple weeks to a month at a time; but everytime I come back here I fire up that old machine and waste a few days on here.

It's sick.

I feel like by doing so Im living a phony existence and not getting the genuine real human contact I need.
I play games, I post on forums, I watch movies, I get on messenger, Im on all the social networking sites, etc.

Im no better than those people who sit in front of the TV all day who I disdain so much and call "sheep".

Can anyone relate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unhealthy internet addiction [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11026339 -

I can relate. My little girls daddy has a major unhealthy addiction to this site. He comes on here and looks to get beat up! And in the end, I pay for it! He takes all the abuse from the internet and blames me for it.
Sometimes he will go a day or two without signing in for his daily dose of abuse, as well as abusing others and he is o.k, but to him this place is his home. He has been addicted to OTD for about 10 years. I think he is just a bully and can't find positive ways to interact with others. IRL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unhealthy internet addiction [Re: ZoE]
    #11026351 -

I have 10K posts here myself.

While Im not the worst of them it is excessive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unhealthy internet addiction [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11036923 -

Join the club. I find reading novels really decreases my internet usage, sometimes barely using it for days, because it is a sustained, focused concentration as opposed to the fast paced scattered attention of the internet. It just changes the habit of the mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unhealthy internet addiction [Re: ZoE]
    #11037175 -

ZoE said:
I can relate. My little girls daddy has a major unhealthy addiction to this site. He comes on here and looks to get beat up! And in the end, I pay for it! He takes all the abuse from the internet and blames me for it.
Sometimes he will go a day or two without signing in for his daily dose of abuse, as well as abusing others and he is o.k, but to him this place is his home. He has been addicted to OTD for about 10 years. I think he is just a bully and can't find positive ways to interact with others. IRL.




oh please tell...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unhealthy internet addiction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #11037205 -

Urb. haha.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unhealthy internet addiction [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11037815 -

Yeah, I find that I default to using the internet more than I'd like. I'm usually instantaneously bored with television, so internet is the next best option...and like you said, it can be great tool...but there are far too many times that I'll open my internet browser and just click random links that I'm not even interested in. I just get pulled in. Once I noticed this, though, my internet usage has decreased by quite a bit. Now I only use the internet when I have a goal.

I think meditating has helped me with this, as I don't feel the need for instant satisfaction, I actually think once I open my browser "what do I want to look up?" and if I find there's nothing to be investigated I will get off my computer and do something else.

When I used to smoke pot I found that I rarely used the internet. I could be surfing the internet for hours, smoke up and right when the high hit I would get desperately bored with the internet and I would actually start doing more productive things. Most of the time I would get outside, stretch, draw, play guitar, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unhealthy internet addiction [Re: fazdazzle]
    #11039008 -

I smoke while on the internet and surf aimlessly. I used to do much more constructive things when I smoked but now it is more habitual.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Addictions RandalFlagg 913 7 05/20/06 09:41 AM
by Gillette
* Internet addiction... blo0mz 801 4 03/17/07 02:27 PM
by Legend9123
* Addiction Support Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Dark_Star 30,998 155 07/08/14 10:27 AM
by yourmkeupistrrible
* Addiction: Computer fredthetree 1,009 10 10/10/04 01:36 AM
by ThirdEyeOpening
* On temazepam for my weed addiction
( 1 2 all )
Ego Death 11,218 21 04/25/11 02:09 AM
by vanillasnake21
* Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. AbstractHarmonix 2,156 19 07/10/05 01:26 PM
by dnL
* Computer Addiction dblaney 1,318 13 03/10/05 12:43 PM
by esin
* Signs of Addiction
( 1 2 all )
ThorA 13,778 33 10/28/03 09:02 AM
by Psilopleix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
827 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.