Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: Sage]
    #9978680 - 03/15/09 09:21 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Thank you both for looking out. I was pretty blase about it until yesterday, then I got really down about it. I had such high hopes & aspirations for 2009 to be different.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSage
Human
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: Dark_Star]
    #9979303 - 03/15/09 11:25 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

You still have a chance. 2009 just started.
This is one quote that keeps me going....

"You can't always get what you want, But if
you try sometimes you just might find
you get what you neeeeed. OOh yes, Woo!"

Rolling Stones-

Makes me realize that I really do get what
I need. Thats just what I needed to get on
the wagon.

:peace:
Sage

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: Sage]
    #9981544 - 03/16/09 12:41 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Word brother. :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #9999073 - 03/19/09 01:57 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Brother, you know that I always pull for you. Do it for me. Focus on blissedout.;)

:heart:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Addiction Support Thread *DELETED* [Re: blissedout]
    #9999081 - 03/19/09 01:59 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: Ferris]
    #9999119 - 03/19/09 02:18 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

I smoked about 12 cigs tonight and I plan on doing at least a gram of molly this weekend.

Not thatthere is an addiction involved though. Maybe the cigs...

Molly I just love.

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: blissedout]
    #10042444 - 03/25/09 10:30 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Brother, you know that I always pull for you. Do it for me. Focus on blissedout.

:hug: Thanks brother, I'm really stoked that I'm going to finally get to meet you in person and get down at Rothbury this summer. Shit's gonna be tits.

Quote:

Since I posted in this thread a while back, I think an update is appropriate

CLEAN FROM METH SINCE SEP/2007

I also haven't had a cigarette in over a month

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man!!!!!!!!!

Dude, high fives all around, that's awesome! Congratulations, and keep up the good work. You're an inspiration my friend! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedieselkush
Stranger

#10042590 - 03/25/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I know mine is nothing compared to some of the people here, but...  im trying to get off of mj and prescription pills. Ive tried to quit many times and have gone through the stages in the 1st post. but my problem is where I live this stuff is easy to get, and is in the house constantly. so when I quit I do good for a week then about the second week my mind starts turning to the substance. it passifys me, calms me to the devestation of this world and makes me not think clearly. plus I do not learn as fast or quick as if I was sober. but for some reason as long as I have it to fall back on im in a good mood, and have motivation.without it to fall back on at the end of the day or during the day I am in a shit mood, and have no motivation. how do I take the steps to get off of it permanetly. I am wanting to get an education,but I cant while on these...

Edited by dieselkush (03/25/09 10:59 PM)

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10042625 - 03/25/09 10:57 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I have not been drunk since new years.

I see it as an accomplishment for me since I used to drink the point of passing out/ blacking out every day.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10043397 - 03/26/09 01:15 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

I have not been drunk since new years.

I see it as an accomplishment for me since I used to drink the point of passing out/ blacking out every day.

That's badass man, keep on keeping on! :thumbup:

It's amazing how good you feel when you finally break the cycle & get used to sobriety.

Quote:

I know mine is nothing compared to some of the people here, but...  im trying to get off of mj and prescription pills. Ive tried to quit many times and have gone through the stages in the 1st post. but my problem is where I live this stuff is easy to get, and is in the house constantly. so when I quit I do good for a week then about the second week my mind starts turning to the substance. it passifys me, calms me to the devestation of this world and makes me not think clearly. plus I do not learn as fast or quick as if I was sober. but for some reason as long as I have it to fall back on im in a good mood, and have motivation.without it to fall back on at the end of the day or during the day I am in a shit mood, and have no motivation. how do I take the steps to get off of it permanetly. I am wanting to get an education,but I cant while on these...

You can do it....it's not going to be easy, but nothing worthwhile is. The trick is, you need to learn how to not only acknowledge, but also appreciate the fact that you won't always feel good. You gotta embrace life in it's entirety, taking the bad with the good. Sometimes you're happy, sometimes you not. Sometimes you feel great, sometimes you feel like shit. Sometimes you're alert & motivated, sometimes you're tired, groggy, cranky and lackadaisical.  Just remember that thoughts and feelings are just thoughts and feelings......they come and they go.  There's a recovery workbook that's really opened my eyes; The Tao of Sobriety, check it out, it may help you as well.

Also, what kind of prescription pills are you taking?

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10043457 - 03/26/09 01:45 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

The only thing that really seems to help me when I get to the point of not careing and just wanting to obliterate my feelings is asking "how would that help my situation?"

Asking that makes the difference between whether I say "fuck it Im gonna get drunk tonight" or not.

Offlinedieselkush
Stranger

#10044652 - 03/26/09 09:32 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

vidcodin,oxycontin, and darveset mainly. Ill have a look at the book you've suggested, I normally have self control with most things in my life. but with those I live with they pop pills and smoke every day, every time I walk by they offer me some. I cant say no, by heart I love these things, bud and pills....

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: dieselkush]
    #10046929 - 03/26/09 03:51 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Reading this thread is crazy it seems like it was so long ago that I was using everyday and living on the streets, I still ain't got my life all the way together but at least I am not physically addicted to opiates anymore lol The shit never fucking leaves my mind I still think about it almost everyday, Things just set me off the weirdest things too like certain pop songs that were on the radio alot that summer. Dirty bathrooms in some ghetto resturant in portland always remind me of getting high, Everytime I see the scars on my arms.

When I first got clean I was proud to tell everyone about what I had gone through and how I had overcome it and whatnot, But now its just embarrassing I can't beleive I let myself go like that

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: Dobie]
    #10047572 - 03/26/09 05:26 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I really don't think I could go through the intensity of what my withrawals would be like right now.

Less than 18 hours without my DOC, and I'm freaking out, and that is only the start.

Plus, this shit would last 2 weeks of withdrawing.

I just can't get off this shit.

(I'd rather not say what it is, but it's morphine and the withdrawal last 2 weeks)

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: dieselkush]
    #10049672 - 03/26/09 10:09 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Ok, I wanted to make sure that you weren't talking SSRIs or anything like that where you need to be under doctor supervision to kick. You can do this on your own; it's not going to be pleasant, but you can get through it. Remind yourself that it's not going to last forever, and remember that you'll feel so much better when it's over. It's like the sun coming out from behind the clouds after a perpetual storm.

dobie, i'm so happy to hear that you're doing good! Keep it up brother. :hug:

marshalldylan1, sure you can man, I've done it before, about to do it again. You're a lot stronger than you realize, and once you beat this your confidence in yourself will jump.

--------------------

Offlineslickvic
seeker
Male User Gallery

#10054272 - 03/27/09 02:56 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

anyone who is willing to step up and tackle their addiction is true badass, one of the most difficult battles to ever be fought.  Just stay away from thet 12step meetings its the blind leadint the blind over there.  Good luck.

--------------------
i tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for Wasting the dawn...

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: slickvic]
    #11787092 - 01/07/10 11:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thread Resurrection...

But I need support.  I've been addicted to opiates for nearly 8 or so years, off and on.
Now I'm snorting heroin.  There are moments when I want to shoot it but I stop myself.
I'm ordering 2 oz of Kratom to see if that will help control my cravings, I pray that it works
even half as well as it is advertised.

I'm currently not physically addicted, I have been spreading out my use, binging and such...
But the cravings.... Just the mental cravings are crushing me.  I am hating my life because
of this shit.

I just needed to vent somewhere. I've no good place to go for help. Thanks.

~Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: Todcasil]
    #11787321 - 01/08/10 12:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck man!  I'm currently battling psychological addiction to heroin myself after quitting a daily IV habit.  I'd recommend exercise, not only to keep you fit and healthy but also for the endorphin release.

Opening Pandora's box has certainly made for an interesting journey...  BTW are you in AZ by chance?  I'm down in Tucson.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: deCypher]
    #11787371 - 01/08/10 12:18 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah... For some reason I think maybe we have spoke before?  I am in Phx though.
Glendale to be precise.

I constantly think about exercise... Depression is also a dual battle i am facing alongside
my addiction as well...  A double whammy for sure :/

~A.  Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinetracedwards313
milk man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Addiction Support Thread [Re: Todcasil]
    #11979141 - 02/06/10 11:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i have recently started use of opiates, and to be honest imin fucking love with them.

i have spent over 5 grand in the past 6 months on opiates along

i do my make my money as well, but they are really starting to take hold of me.

some times ill do a 3 for no reason, knowing it wont get me high but just calm the want.

im in a pickle, im still quite a ways for addiction. but i have no desire to stop.

i understand that this is a one way street to destruction

moderation of all drugs is the tru key

but i just feel these quick fixes are the easiest way to fullful my life, which i know is stupid.

i just wish i could find something productive tht gave me the great feelings i get from drug use.

my one one question to you guys, people in similar shoes. should i really try to just drop my habbits NOW. or try to do it in moderation?

started on perc 30s, now do OC 80s from time to time, and love just about any other pill like xanax or really anything

should i stop? i always got weed and alcohol which never cause much of a problem but but pills are a whole new ball game

--------------------

I love Psilocybin.  :shrug:

Psilocybin, LSD, Ketamine, Mescaline, 2C-E, 5-Meo-DMT, DXM, LSA, Marijuana, Alcohol, Heroin/Opiates, 4-Aco-DMT, Methylone, 25I-NBOMe, Cocaine/Crack, amphetamines, Pharms, PCP, Benzos, DMT/Aya, Salvia, MDMA, Nitrous, MXE, 2C-C

Exile Nation Project

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules