Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Studio Monitors
    #10971369 -

Can anybody recommend me some good studio monitors in the price range of 150-500?  I'll be using them to play and record some stuff with my guitar.  I plan on getting a line 6 pod soon as well to extend my recording options and use that with the monitors.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10980253 -

Somebody plzzz


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10981798 -

I've used Alesis, Behringer, KRK, Wharfedales, Tannoy and Mackie HD. Mackie HDs are the best but my Tannoy Reveal 5s are close and cost much less.

Save up for Tannoys, they are worth it. A $600 pair sounds ten times better than a $300 pair but Wharfedales give the best bang for the buck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10984555 -

I'm happy with my KRK RP8's
but I don't have much comparision..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10984603 -

mackie srm450 active speakers. Cant get better quality than that



--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: virus1824]
    #10985442 -

I bought some M-Audio BX8a's for $250(pair) a couple years ago. Not pro audio, but they definately do the job, especially for the price. I probably wouldn't have gotten anything different unless I had atleast $500 per speaker to spend.


--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Edited by tak (09/02/09 09:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10985608 -

I know this might not be an option for you, since rigging a home studio this way can be costly, but I've found that nothing beats straight-up mic'n your amplifier, and then placing another ambient mic across the room.

The set-up I've got going now is fairly cost effective, it's a Tascam DP-02 digital 8-track, a Berhinger 12-channel mixing board, and a ton of microphones. For monitor/playback purposes I just use headphones plugged right into the 8-track, or a digital stereo reciever, plugged into some Jensen 100-watt speakers.


I'm not knocking straight to PC-recording, or using the Line-6 pod, as they are options I had to deal with in the past, but I honestly think you'll be happier with the tone and over all sound if you set your rig up, and then mic it.

BTW, you can score alot of this equipment or similar equipment for dirt cheap at a pawn shop.


--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10993319 -

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALEM1AMK2

Comparable to the Mackies for half the price.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: Phred]
    #11033312 -

http://www.mackie.com/products/mrseries/

I love my mackie MR5`s

Value for money!


--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: trev]
    #11033401 -

i've had the mr8's for a year and they hit!

i even hook em up to the djm-800 when i recording a mix and the low-end always come out perfect.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: stefan]
    #11034951 -

stefan said:
I'm happy with my KRK RP8's
but I don't have much comparision..




same

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: virus1824]
    #11039385 -

virus1824 said:
mackie srm450 active speakers. Cant get better quality than that






i also have a pair of these for shows....

they kick ass for huge rooms and outdoors, but are far from studio monitors....they are horrible for shit like that. plus you really need the powered subs to set them on to get that low-end really moving. i can barely stand them inside my house due to all the reverberation.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: Phred]
    #11039623 -

Phred said:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALEM1AMK2

Comparable to the Mackies for half the price.




-if you enjoy mud


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: mycoprog]
    #11040793 -

mycoprog said:
virus1824 said:
mackie srm450 active speakers. Cant get better quality than that






i also have a pair of these for shows....

they kick ass for huge rooms and outdoors, but are far from studio monitors....they are horrible for shit like that. plus you really need the powered subs to set them on to get that low-end really moving. i can barely stand them inside my house due to all the reverberation.



Strange since they are designed to be just that.
I have 2 in my living room to practive my sets on and they are wonderfull.


--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Studio Monitors [Re: virus1824]
    #11040823 -

sorry bro,

you want speakers with a flat frequency for mixing.

these are performance speakers with "studio monitor sound quality", but they are not efficient for engineering.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How much better are studio monitors? adamj 1,141 12 07/11/06 08:05 PM
by pH_
* Audiophiles: Best "bang for your buck" in studio monitors? JacquesCousteau 5,930 15 09/09/06 02:23 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Question About Studio Monitors/Sound Card cbhead23 1,197 11 10/11/10 03:58 AM
by stefan
* should i get KRK RP8 studio monitors? DistortedEyes 1,525 15 01/25/07 01:31 AM
by stefan
* Powered Studio Monitors - Please Advise GetTheFuckOut 478 7 03/12/10 08:23 PM
by IntoTheDead
* studio monitors king_cobra 651 1 07/31/06 10:05 PM
by Osker246
* New studio monitors! **pictures** Blastrid 1,240 10 03/17/06 11:37 AM
by Blastrid
* Something im working on in the studio veda_sticks 496 4 10/22/07 06:24 AM
by veda_sticks

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
586 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.