Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878387 -

Silversoul said:
niteowl said:
How is it sending an 'undemocratic message'
The man did nothing more than exercise his Constitutional Rights



You can exercise your constitutional rights in a way that sends an undemocratic or anti-American messages.  Flag-burning, for instance.  The message this guy is sending is one of violence and intimidation, not one of civil discourse.




I like how you are equating this to or at the very least alluding to this being like 'flag burning'. Dude is standing up for his rights. I applaud him for being so gutsy.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10878398 -

WakeboardrB said:
As long as it's legal, it's perfectly fine to do.



Really?  So if a guy cheats on his wife, lies to everyone, and cusses people out all day, it's perfectly fine.  Legality and morality are not the same thing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10878403 -

WakeboardrB said:
I like how you are equating this to or at the very least alluding to this being like 'flag burning'. Dude is standing up for his rights. I applaud him for being so gutsy.



What rights would those be, exactly?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878409 -

Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
As long as it's legal, it's perfectly fine to do.



Really?  So if a guy cheats on his wife, lies to everyone, and cusses people out all day, it's perfectly fine.  Legality and morality are not the same thing.



Dude, you really are grasping at straws here.

Please continue, I'm kind of enjoying this.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878415 -

Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
I like how you are equating this to or at the very least alluding to this being like 'flag burning'. Dude is standing up for his rights. I applaud him for being so gutsy.



What rights would those be, exactly?




His right to bear arms, obviously.

I don't see how what he's doing is morally wrong, your analogies are pretty weak.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10878416 -

Quote:
Trying to compare a private party with a public demonstration is kinda weak.




Not really, it's a fine example.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10878424 -

WakeboardrB said:
Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
As long as it's legal, it's perfectly fine to do.



Really?  So if a guy cheats on his wife, lies to everyone, and cusses people out all day, it's perfectly fine.  Legality and morality are not the same thing.



Dude, you really are grasping at straws here.

Please continue, I'm kind of enjoying this.



How am I grasping at straws?  What fallacy am I committing here?  Please explain where my logic is flawed here.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878426 -

Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
I like how you are equating this to or at the very least alluding to this being like 'flag burning'. Dude is standing up for his rights. I applaud him for being so gutsy.



What rights would those be, exactly?



The right to possess and carry a firearm [whether concealed or open carry] in his state. Also his right to personal protection and protection of those around him.

Do you have some sort of problem with people embracing their constitutional rights in a peaceful and lawful manner?


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Ferris]
    #10878428 -

Even though what he did was perfectly legal, it is still sketch because it symbolizes a threat (albeit weakly)

Its the difference between saying "i am pissed about xyz" and "i am pissed about xyz...and i have a gun".

Make sense?


--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878429 -

Silversoul said:
niteowl said:
How is it sending an 'undemocratic message'
The man did nothing more than exercise his Constitutional Rights



You can exercise your constitutional rights in a way that sends an undemocratic or anti-American messages. Flag-burning, for instance.
Quote:
:facepalm:

Flag burning is probably seen as one of the most un-American thing you could do
Exercising his Constitutional Right to bear arms is (IMO) the right way to get your point across

Quote:
The message this guy is sending is one of violence and intimidation, not one of civil discourse.



Why are you intimidated by a guy carrying a gun?
He was threatening no one, the police were watching him
there was no need to be concerned from what I read

If you dis-like our rights here in the U.S.
then move your commie ass to Canada :smirk:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878432 -

It's not undemocratic, if anything it's very democratic.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: niteowl]
    #10878435 -

I love living in Arizona.


--------------------
-=Check my Gallery=-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: jewunit]
    #10878438 -

jewunit said:
Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
I like how you are equating this to or at the very least alluding to this being like 'flag burning'. Dude is standing up for his rights. I applaud him for being so gutsy.



What rights would those be, exactly?




His right to bear arms, obviously.

I don't see how what he's doing is morally wrong, your analogies are pretty weak.



I'm sorry, but I must have missed the part where this health care debate had anything whatsoever to do with gun rights.  What the hell do guns have to do with health care?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: niteowl]
    #10878443 -

To be fair the police don't have a way to prevent him from firing that gun at me, or any other one specific person.
However, considering the forum it should be obvious to anyone beyond 2nd grade that he isn't going to use his weapon.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878457 -

Haha, what?
Quote:
"It was a group interested in exercising the right to bear arms," said police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill.



What the fuck does health care have to do with anything?
They had a point they wanted to make to the president. Are the supposed to sit around and wait 'til he's there to talk about gun control? The man doesn't go to every city every time he wants to talk about a different topic.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Green_T]
    #10878462 -

Green_T said:
Even though what he did was perfectly legal, it is still sketch because it symbolizes a threat (albeit weakly)

Its the difference between saying "i am pissed about xyz" and "i am pissed about xyz...and i have a gun".

Make sense?



Do you really think that those people in that crowd that were openly carrying firearms (there were over 10), were really trying to bring across a message of violence or threats of violence? That may be your twisted interpretation of it, but for those of us that can think rationally, it doesn't equate to a threat at all.

Jesus, some people just see guns as some sort of evil force.

Do you feel threatened when there is a police man in a crowd with a gun on his belt?


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878463 -

Ferris said:
It needs to be nipped in the bud before things get ugly in my opinion.



nip our rights in the bud?

fuck that

Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
As long as it's legal, it's perfectly fine to do.



Really?  So if a guy cheats on his wife, lies to everyone, and cusses people out all day, it's perfectly fine.  Legality and morality are not the same thing.



lol... I have the right to say what I want, I also have to bear
the responsibility for exercising that right, if I use the N word
what are the consequences for me? it's not a word that could put
someone in danger like screaming fire in a crowded theater, of
course it may put me in danger depending on the company

now what exactly does any of the free speech crap have to do with
the right to keep and bear arms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10878465 -

WakeboardrB said:
Do you have some sort of problem with people embracing their constitutional rights in a peaceful and lawful manner?



I have no problem with the Second Amendment, but I do have a problem with people exercising that right in a way that sends a threatening and intimidating message.  Just as I don't agree with people exercising their First Amendment rights to spread hateful messages, nor do I agree with people exercising their Second Amendment rights for the same purpose.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10878471 -

Ferris said:
Quote:
Trying to compare a private party with a public demonstration is kinda weak.




Not really, it's a fine example.



No it isn't
What goes on in your home can easily be illegal
What goes on in your home is completely up to you
If you don't want people to wear shoes in your house
that is your perogative

once you step out of your house
you step into public domain
your home laws do not apply

if it is legal for me to wear shoes
you have no right to say that I can't
regardless of how badly you dislike shoes

WakeboardrB said:
Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
I like how you are equating this to or at the very least alluding to this being like 'flag burning'. Dude is standing up for his rights. I applaud him for being so gutsy.



What rights would those be, exactly?



The right to possess and carry a firearm [whether concealed or open carry] in his state. Also his right to personal protection and protection of those around him.

Do you have some sort of problem with people embracing their constitutional rights in a peaceful and lawful manner?



I agree Wake
There seems to be a trend here lately of
not wanting to follow our basic laws
even talk about taking our
Constitutional Rights away

Scary times indeed
The Media Machine is working

:runaway:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest [Re: Silversoul]
    #10878473 -

Silversoul said:
WakeboardrB said:
Do you have some sort of problem with people embracing their constitutional rights in a peaceful and lawful manner?



I have no problem with the Second Amendment, but I do have a problem with people exercising that right in a way that sends a threatening and intimidating message.  Just as I don't agree with people exercising their First Amendment rights to spread hateful messages, nor do I agree with people exercising their Second Amendment rights for the same purpose.



The only message being sent is we'd like to keep our right to bear arms.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The best "Assault" rifle in the world... xDuckYouSuckerx 2,317 13 02/04/13 08:53 AM
by vinsue
* Any suggestions for a badass concealed carry gun?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RandalFlagg 11,455 90 12/29/16 08:03 AM
by Patlal
* My mom yelled at me for carrying a gun
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
RandalFlagg 15,520 162 12/23/05 06:42 AM
by eligal
* Can a civilian in USA (california) legally carry an expandable baton? TODAY 7,734 11 08/23/06 06:49 PM
by TODAY
* Can a civilian in USA (california) legally carry an expandable baton? TODAY 676 0 08/23/06 03:07 PM
by TODAY
* Do you carry a pistol? What kind?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
Supernova 22,636 352 01/21/05 03:49 PM
by snoopaloop53
* Los Angeles Protest rally pic's
( 1 2 all )
LosAngelesGraff 3,205 22 10/06/06 02:09 PM
by LosAngelesGraff
* POLICE END IMMIGRATION PROTEST WITH RUBBER BULLETS, BEAT DOWN CAMERAMEN
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ZippoZM 15,459 106 05/03/07 06:54 PM
by ganjaguru

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
16,615 topic views. 8 members, 31 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.