Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9904792 -

Actually, I was going to mention Lethal Weapon. It totally shot back to the scene where the Asian guy keeps calling Mell Gibson a "PLICK!"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: Wapakz]
    #9904807 -

:lol:. I love the scene where they are doing nitrous. That shit is funny. What a racists movie. Funny, but racists.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9907196 -

I pronounce it 'Krah-tom', feels alot more 'proper'? Hehe.

It's like Brugmansia is pronounced 'Broog-marn-see-uh' (& don't forget to roll the tongue on the 'r' like it's an 'L') more emphasis on the vowels, but that is latin for you.

I would, however, like to know if Psilocybe is pronounced 'Sillo sibe' or (as Ott & others have pronounced it) 'Silloseebee' ?


--------------------
DMT: Load Universe Into Cannon. Aim At Brain. Fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: Goody]
    #9907577 -

The right pronuntiation, of latin would be Pseeloseebe.

In latin the i has the sound of EE as in speed for example.


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: felixhigh]
    #9908488 -

felixhigh said:
The right pronuntiation, of latin would be Pseeloseebe.

In latin the i has the sound of EE as in speed for example.


FH




Thankyou for that Felix, I always knew Ott was very with it when it came to pronunciation.


--------------------
DMT: Load Universe Into Cannon. Aim At Brain. Fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: Goody]
    #9921558 -

Dr. uarewotueat said:
thanks for bumping an ancient thread :congrats:



Depending on the forum, said act is only sometimes a sin and at others time, righteous.

Having not spent enough time here, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. But you are welcome. :smile:



And what goody said makes sense, I'll just have to get used to it.

Krah-tom, Krah-tom, Krah-tom....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: Richii]
    #9921591 -

I call it Kraytom myself.

From my reading though its said to be

Crew-Tum
Kruu-Tum


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: layzdapipe]
    #10809226 -

The word is pretty much brand new in people's vocabulary so I believe the right pronunciation is up for grabs. Personally, I feel that Kratt-Tom doesn't sound natural at all in english (in fact it makes me cringe every time I hear it), Kray-tum however does. Doesn't matter how the word is pronounced in Thailand, people don't say Pah-Ri, they say Pahriss...

I realize there are exceptions to the "natural sounding" rule, but I doubt there is any right pronunciation as of this writing. Kray-tum just sounds way better... Think about it...

"Man! I'm so effin' kraytomized right now!! :cool:  ...not "Hey guys, check it out, I'm Kratt-ohm-ized! Yippy!"  :rolleyes:

In french, Kratt-uhm sounds way better...

Anyway those were my two cents... If anybody out there finds the definitive answer, I would love to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: Borowczyk76]
    #10811025 -

Who cares how it's pronounced, just say it with confidence and it'll sound fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: drift]
    #10811087 -

i say tomato and you say TOMATO. i say kray-tom and you say krah-tom.

for reals i really say kray-tom. it sounds ok in my head.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: ferrel_human]
    #10811095 -

ferrel_human said:
i say tomato and you say TOMATO. i say kray-tom and you say krah-tom.

for reals i really say kray-tom. it sounds ok in my head.



Hey, I say it the same way and agree. It sounds best that way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10814545 -

Borowczyk76 said:
The word is pretty much brand new in people's vocabulary so I believe the right pronunciation is up for grabs. Personally, I feel that Kratt-Tom doesn't sound natural at all in english (in fact it makes me cringe every time I hear it), Kray-tum however does. Doesn't matter how the word is pronounced in Thailand, people don't say Pah-Ri, they say Pahriss...

I realize there are exceptions to the "natural sounding" rule, but I doubt there is any right pronunciation as of this writing. Kray-tum just sounds way better... Think about it...

"Man! I'm so effin' kraytomized right now!! :cool:  ...not "Hey guys, check it out, I'm Kratt-ohm-ized! Yippy!"  :rolleyes:

In french, Kratt-uhm sounds way better...

Anyway those were my two cents... If anybody out there finds the definitive answer, I would love to know...



From 5 months ago.....
Dr. uarewotueat said:
thanks for bumping an ancient thread :congrats:



Welcome to the shroomery, but please don't bump old threads unless you have something new to add. It just moves more pressing threads to the 2nd page.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kratom pronunciation [Re: ethnoguy]
    #10815948 -

old thread but still, I didnt know anyone said Kray-tom.

I always said krah-tom.

Doesnt matter anyways.


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kratom plant in zone 5 Nutmeg Kratom 518 1 01/15/13 04:18 PM
by naum
* How to pronounce ethno names and not look retarded.....
( 1 2 all )
ethnoguy 5,190 33 09/14/08 02:04 PM
by Prof. Astro
* How do YOU pronounce Botanical?
( 1 2 all )
AKSE 2,657 26 03/07/07 12:17 AM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* The Super Kratom Strains?
( 1 2 all )
SourceLimit 5,786 21 04/05/05 06:33 PM
by Locus
* Kratom
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
gdman 16,997 120 01/07/05 10:31 AM
by GrendL
* kratom resin extract?
( 1 2 all )
Vvellum 4,843 20 02/10/19 07:45 PM
by Herbgrower12
* Other ethnobotanicals with a pronounced effect? Quoiyaien 860 3 09/15/04 04:58 PM
by Lazerouth
* declining kratom quality the man 570 1 01/13/08 02:14 AM
by DadeMurphy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
14,985 topic views. 1 members, 16 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.