Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10729059 -

I only went to get the compensation decision and a letter from a physician.

I plan on staying far away from VA hospitals.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10729082 -

good man, it took me reaming a doctards ass over medications
prescribed to my pops to get real medical care for him, he had a
few service related issues they were trying to deny him on, his
records were conveniently burned in the 70s along with a lot of
others so they wouldnt have to pay out compensation


those bastards were doing their best to eliminate thousands of older vets

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10729120 -

My old man only hires guys from the VA. Even before I joined the Army I heard plenty of horror stories. mostly about Nam era vets getting fucked over, though there hasn't been a shortage of guys my age getting denied on bullshit reasons.

Just a shining example of why the feds should stay out of health care.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10729191 -

Just be glad they didn't give you an HIV laced colonoscopy.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10729208 -

I thought he was talking about the VA, not a trip to you uncle Rodney's house.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10729598 -

Hey, Uncle Rodney is a good man.. He just has some strange hobbies.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10729635 -

What Pris said. I've heard nothing but horror stories about the VA for years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #10729736 -

if you go in with prostate cancer, you'll come out with 6 new
cancers and the old one stil intact

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10729776 -

Quote:
extrapyramidal symptoms


Never a good sign when your symptoms fall outside the food pyramid.  :what2:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10729850 -

Prisoner#1 said:
if you go in with prostate cancer, you'll come out with 6 new
cancers and the old one stil intact



6 cancers for the price of one? Sounds like quite the deal.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10729890 -

i tried getting a job at the VA.
turns out you can't unless you're a veteran yourself, or you have a MD or RN

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10729977 -

Crasher said:
So I go to see a VA doctor for our first face-to-face appointment. I tell him about my chronic nerve and back pain from my amputation, and I inform him I've decided to use medical marijuana for it. He was concerned with the possible side effects of my pot use.

He proposed a medication instead. Actually, it just came in the mail!

Amitriptyline, apparently, is an antidepressant used off-label for nerve pain.

Side effects include: weight gain, dry mouth, loss of appetite, drowsiness, muscle stiffness, nausea, constipation, nervousness, dizziness, blurred vision, urinary retention and insomnia. Some rare side effects include tinnitus, hypotension, mania, psychosis, heart block, arrhythmias, lip and mouth ulcers, extrapyramidal symptoms, depression, and hepatic toxicity.


Yeah, no thanks.




That's so stupid!

[imitating VA]: Yeah...umm...you shouldn't be using marijuana because uhh...it's the "devil's weed" and have barely any side effects. So, uhh...just take this synthetic pill from Big Pharma that gives you 20x as many side effects and I'll be able to make more money.[/imitation]

What a dick.


--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10730134 -

Prisoner#1 said:
if you go in with prostate cancer, you'll come out with 6 new
cancers and the old one stil intact




Heres some recent very horribly horrible horror stories

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/apr/04/local/me-veteran4

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2009513180_surgery22.html

i find em to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: misfitdeviate]
    #10730193 -

misfitdeviate said:
Heres some recent very horribly horrible horror stories

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/apr/04/local/me-veteran4





lol... from the link

Quote:
For another, he was getting his surgery in a system that has prided itself on its pioneering efforts to prevent medical errors. One top VA official said the VA's approach to safety is considered "a benchmark by healthcare organizations throughout the world."




this is a regular occurance

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfjun09/nf062109-1.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Why i don't use my VA medical benifits agar 867 15 04/05/07 01:17 AM
by In(di)go
* Va. Tech says senior from South Korea was the gunman
( 1 2 all )
mystery 4,761 38 04/17/07 10:04 PM
by Cowgold
* Omaha Shooter was Medicated
( 1 2 all )
AlteredAgain 1,738 24 12/06/07 11:18 PM
by shroom_ninja
* VALID medications delta9 1,280 16 02/13/05 01:21 PM
by delta9
* neurontin? felix 615 3 01/08/06 10:44 AM
by WhiteBunny
* Going to VA Stonerguy 484 4 06/25/06 07:20 PM
by Acinaxuz
* What will Obama's health care plan do to Medical Marijuana? *DELETED* StrandedVoyager 709 18 08/11/09 01:07 AM
by Silversoul
* banning salvia in VA dutchmushroom 1,507 16 03/27/08 10:23 AM
by memes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,206 topic views. 1 members, 21 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.