Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
VALID medications
    #3773941 - 02/13/05 01:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UpSwell said:
I know this is a 'substance-oriented' forum, but I just gave this piece of advice in my last post: Drugs are not the answer here. If you use certain chemicals in conjunction with VALID meditation, then ok. Otherwise fall back on the bodies tools; drug free meditation, good diet, exercise.

What the hell makes a medication VALID or INVALID, other than whether or not it works for the patient? It's attitudes like this that keep medical marijauna stigmatised.

[edit: note for new readers: He said mediTATION and I was thinking mediCATION - upswell's (perceived) statement merely sparked the discussion in my mind, it is not meant to critisize the poster, but rather the pharmies, physicians, and prohibitionists that help keep things in the state they are, with methamphetamine a schedule II drug with "some" medical value and marijauna a schedule I drug with "no" medical value]

--------------------
delta9

Edited by delta9 (02/13/05 03:32 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: UpSwell's VALID medications [Re: delta9]
    #3773970 - 02/13/05 01:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3773973 - 02/13/05 01:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

prescribed maybe? I really would need to know the context of the thread. maybe he was talking about someone trying to cure narcolepsy with methamphetamines?

very few medications are valid imo. doctors get kickbacks for prescribing them, so they are pen happy.

its attitudes like that that fuel prohibition.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: UpSwell's VALID medications [Re: Jim]
    #3774016 - 02/13/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I disagree. I've spent almost half my life amongst those in the medical community, and NO ethical doctor will take incentives from drug companies to push their product. I will admit there are some who will, sad to say. Just as there are those who are only in it for the money. But any decent doctor (like my step-dad) will NOT prescribe a patient a drug simply because some drug company rep is trying to get him to foist it off on patients through incentives. Such behavior is not only unethical, but can be grounds for losing their license to practice medicine...

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: UpSwell's VALID medications [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3774025 - 02/13/05 02:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That's valid mediTATION not mediCATION.  :wink:

In context, the original poster said they did not get the usual relief from marijuana.

A drug-induced stupor is not valid meditation, IMO.  It's just a stupor.

I have no desire to parlay with you about the political marijuana issue.

Edited by UpSwell (02/13/05 02:04 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Re: UpSwell's VALID medications [Re: UpSwell]
    #3774043 - 02/13/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry - that was directed more at GratefulJim than you. I should have been a bit clearer on that.
To add, although I've rarely meditated, I think this would probably better practiced with a clear mind instead of one clouded by chemical substances..

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3774067 - 02/13/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Actually sorry to you.  I keep forgetting that on this forum replies are post-specific.  I should have replied to Delta9's original post.  Maybe I'll do that.  :smile:

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3774085 - 02/13/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

UpSwell said:
I know this is a 'substance-oriented' forum, but I just gave this piece of advice in my last post:  Drugs are not the answer here.  If you use certain chemicals in conjunction with VALID meditation, then ok.  Otherwise fall back on the bodies tools; drug free meditation, good diet, exercise.

What the hell makes a medication VALID or INVALID, other than whether or not it works for the patient?  It's attitudes like this that keep medical marijauna stigmatised.

Check out your own quote.  You read it in another thread, and then you quoted it and posted it here.  It still says meditation, not medication.  There's a difference IMO.  :wink:

Methinks you're a little too enthusiastic about this issue.  If you're finding something to fight about where nothing exists, maybe you should look into some VALID MEDITATION.  :wink:  :crazy2:

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3774100 - 02/13/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What are you talking about? Go to a doctor's office. Look at all of the crap they have lying around with some companies name on it. There is definitely some sort of compensation for a doctor who prescribes DAW other than generics or to the doctor who prescribes a Lilly brand over a Wyeth brand...

Doctors are evil people. I have been hospitalized in the past because of a doctor was pumping me up with 800mg seroquel 2x's daily, as well as 40 mg Abilify, 2500mg depakote, and 600mg neurontin. Are you saying this doctor actually thought I needed that? Its touched on briefly in this book.

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3774105 - 02/13/05 02:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I did not pick up on the meditation in the quote either. and you are right on that toiletduk, meditation is easier clear headed.

--------------------

afoaf said:

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3774137 - 02/13/05 02:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is changing so let's run with it.

You guys can bust on doctors all you want.  But if you suffer a gunshot wound or a broken leg, I'll wager you'll be begging for a doctor.  :wink:

Doctors are great at physical injuries, nothing better and what they have accomplished is simply amazing.

As for whole-body illnesses and the like, modern medical doctors are good at dealing with symptoms and therapies, less-good at dealing with continuing treatments.

Although, I have never been to a doctor that hasn't given me this advice:  Don't use tobacco, don't drink to much, eat healthy and exercise.  Those four things alone would prevent 40% of the illnesses in this world.  Another 45% could be prevented by simple hand-washing and cleanliness.

I have recently had my first experience with a 'pill-pushing' doctor, and I'll agree, they suck.  A pill-pusher can and will happily put you right down the road of permanent physical damage.

4000mgs of Tylenol a day, anyone?  How about a little Ibuprofen?  Nothing like permanent liver and kidney damage to go with your arthritis.

Doctors are like anything else in this world, including entheogens:  Use with discretion.  Misuse and suffer the consequences.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3774163 - 02/13/05 02:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with you aswell. I am attacking psychology.

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

#3774169 - 02/13/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I can understand your bitterness towards doctors, going by what you've described. It sounds like you had a real "pill-pusher" there, and that should not be allowed. In fact, that borders on the incompetent. But alas, there are such doctors about. Especially ones who give patients 1600 Mg's of Seroquel a day. (It's not recommended to give more than 900Mg's a day)

But ALL Doctors are evil? No offense, but you overgeneralise a bit much methinks. There are some who ARE quacks, I'll admit that, but there are those who enter the field of medicine with a genuine desire to help. They're out there, trust me.

Be that as it may, it is true that drug companies give doctors free stuff like calendars, clocks and various other gew-gaws, but that should NEVER sway any ethical doctor's decision. Yes, most doctors make good money, but remember they have to go through 8 years of intensive study to become doctors, and frequently work 16 hour days when they do become doctors, not to mention what they have to go through during their residency....

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3774186 - 02/13/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
But ALL Doctors are evil? No offense, but you overgeneralise a bit much methinks.

Yeah, my mental imagary for the word 'doctor' has been tainted by past experience. There are obviously those who truly work for the benefit of others, I was focusing merely on the minority.

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

#3774194 - 02/13/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I understand perfectly. :laugh: I suppose I would be too if I had been in your situation. That is just plain too damn many drugs.....

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3774218 - 02/13/05 03:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It happened almost a year ago. I went into grand mal like seizures, except I was consciecne for it all. the worst part of it was the catheter. it was my first catheter. seroquel is nasty stuff. I am off it now thankfully, and I see a new psychiatrist.

--------------------

afoaf said:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3774270 - 02/13/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UpSwell said:
Check out your own quote.  You read it in another thread, and then you quoted it and posted it here.  It still says meditation, not medication.  There's a difference IMO.  :wink:

Yeah, my bad, I did misread it and then ran with it - but it sparked discussion and that is what is important (this is why I started its own topic, and did not reply to you in the other topic).  This issue (mediCATION) is something I have had on my mind for quite some time, so my misread of your remark (easy to do, as others did as well) merely sparked it - it was not meant to be a direct criticism of you, but rather the pharmies, physicians, and prohibitionists that will say methamphetamines are schedule 2 but marijuana is schedule 1 (no medical value whatsoever) :smile:

*catches up on current discussion* :smile:

--------------------
delta9

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub