Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
If I took the VA's medication...
    #10728545 -

So I go to see a VA doctor for our first face-to-face appointment. I tell him about my chronic nerve and back pain from my amputation, and I inform him I've decided to use medical marijuana for it. He was concerned with the possible side effects of my pot use.

He proposed a medication instead. Actually, it just came in the mail!

Amitriptyline, apparently, is an antidepressant used off-label for nerve pain.

Side effects include: weight gain, dry mouth, loss of appetite, drowsiness, muscle stiffness, nausea, constipation, nervousness, dizziness, blurred vision, urinary retention and insomnia. Some rare side effects include tinnitus, hypotension, mania, psychosis, heart block, arrhythmias, lip and mouth ulcers, extrapyramidal symptoms, depression, and hepatic toxicity.


Yeah, no thanks.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728547 -

lol what a joke.


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728552 -

You should never tell the VA you use pot...You can lose your benefits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Taco Chef]
    #10728557 -

punch your doctor in the face for being a :tard:


--------------------
   
My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: misfitdeviate]
    #10728584 -

misfitdeviate said:
You should never tell the VA you use pot...You can lose your benefits.



I'm 100% service connected, and I've told every doctor, nurse, and specialist I've seen that I use marijuana within state law.

This is in California, mind you.


I don't think anyone wants to be the doctor who recommends that the one handed Iraqi war vet has his benefits revoked because of his pot use.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Edited by Crasher (07/23/09 06:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728626 -

:mcmarijuana: The wonderdrug


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10728651 -

Should start the Veterans for Access to Medical Marijuana Organization.

Then I'll just spam everyone to support VAMMO.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10728653 -

Have you tried something like Neurontin or Lyrica for nerve pain? I take Neurontin for nerve pain in my back and it works wonders. It's cut down on my pain 80%.

Or does cannabis adequately treat your condition? I know it didn't for me.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728662 -

Way not to be a sucker!:cheers:

I've always wondered, how hard was it to get used to typing one handed?


--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10728688 -

I was on lyrica for 6 months. I gained 20 pounds and couldn't sleep for days on end.

Haven't tried Neurontin though. My mother takes it for spasms after her stroke.

Honestly the MJ does wonders, and the wife approves, so I stick with what works!


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #10728700 -

youbreakyoubuy said:
I've always wondered, how hard was it to get used to typing one handed?



Not as hard as learning to write with your non-dominant hand!

:crankey: I write like a psychotic 3rd grader.

Typing was cake. After all, we all type one-handed on occasion :lol:


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728711 -

Crasher said:
misfitdeviate said:
You should never tell the VA you use pot...You can lose your benefits.



I'm 100% service connected, and I've told every doctor, nurse, and specialist I've seen that I use marijuana within state law.

This is in California, mind you.


I don't think anyone wants to be the doctor who recommends that the one handed Iraqi war vet has his benefits revoked because of his pot use.




IM in the same boat as you...

but whatever man, what works for you. im just saying you should keep that shit to yourself, but thats just me.

And what are you getting out of telling them?

Edited by misfitdeviate (07/23/09 06:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728714 -

Crasher said:
youbreakyoubuy said:
I've always wondered, how hard was it to get used to typing one handed?



Not as hard as learning to write with your non-dominant hand!

:crankey: I write like a psychotic 3rd grader.

Typing was cake. After all, we all type one-handed on occasion :lol:


Yeah im pretty good at typing with one hand lol. I would imagine video games would be quite hard to partake in tho :frown:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728716 -

jeez, crasher, you're like the perfect commercial for medical mj...i hope you know i mean that as a real compliment.


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728738 -

Crasher said:
:crankey: I write like a psychotic 3rd grader.:



:rofl:

I tried learning to do that once in my paranoid days. :paranoid:  You know, in case I needed to do something devious.  And then I realized that if somebody paired up THAT handwriting and me.....then I'd be in a the place where they put the criminally insane.

Power to you.


--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #10728810 -

misfitdeviate said:
Crasher said:
misfitdeviate said:
You should never tell the VA you use pot...You can lose your benefits.



I'm 100% service connected, and I've told every doctor, nurse, and specialist I've seen that I use marijuana within state law.

This is in California, mind you.


I don't think anyone wants to be the doctor who recommends that the one handed Iraqi war vet has his benefits revoked because of his pot use.




IM in the same boat as you...

but whatever man, what works for you. im just saying you should keep that shit to yourself, but thats just me.

And what are you getting out of telling them?




   
       


       


I get off on telling them. I enjoy walking into the VA, 6 months after getting out of the Army and becoming a medical marijuana patient, in the best physical and psychological shape of my life.

I extend every opportunity for a physician or clinician to see that.

I'm proud, I guess. And I'm becoming belligerent. I want everyone to know that Medical Marijuana can be great and work.

It's my way of telling the fed's to eat shit, that my body is mine again, and that I know what's best for myself.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728824 -

:cheers:

I wish Michael Phelps had shared your perspective.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10728832 -

I just need to gain more notoriety. These things take time.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728843 -

You could be the next Lance Armstrong, except you have one hand instead of one ball....wait, did Lance Armstrong smoke pot? I might just be imagining that.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If I took the VA's medication... [Re: Crasher]
    #10728873 -

crasher, a piece of advice from a brother

stay the fuck away from the VA, see a real doctor, not the
Joseph Mengela mother fuckers they hire, if the real doctard
prescribes you something, let the VA fill the prescription,
nothing more

also, make sure that they dont have anything outstanding on you,
the VA has started collecting debt from the survivors of vets
that have been treated at the VA, so the way it works now is
that if they dont kill you with their treaments they'll damned
sure rape your family after you're gone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Why i don't use my VA medical benifits agar 867 15 04/05/07 01:17 AM
by In(di)go
* Va. Tech says senior from South Korea was the gunman
( 1 2 all )
mystery 4,761 38 04/17/07 10:04 PM
by Cowgold
* Omaha Shooter was Medicated
( 1 2 all )
AlteredAgain 1,738 24 12/06/07 11:18 PM
by shroom_ninja
* VALID medications delta9 1,280 16 02/13/05 01:21 PM
by delta9
* neurontin? felix 615 3 01/08/06 10:44 AM
by WhiteBunny
* Going to VA Stonerguy 484 4 06/25/06 07:20 PM
by Acinaxuz
* What will Obama's health care plan do to Medical Marijuana? *DELETED* StrandedVoyager 709 18 08/11/09 01:07 AM
by Silversoul
* banning salvia in VA dutchmushroom 1,507 16 03/27/08 10:23 AM
by memes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,206 topic views. 3 members, 20 guests and 130 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.