Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMajk526
Stranger
Drug ads
    #1043140 - 11/11/02 11:21 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Has anybody else noticed how stupid the new anti-drug ads are. The one that is the most ironic is the one where the kids try to order some food in a drive through but hit their head on their car window because they forget to roll it down. Whats funny is that they can hear the cashier asking them for their order when their window is rolled up. How can you hear the cashier through a closed window? Apperently the anti-drug people are about as stupid as the pot heads they campaign against are supposed to be. Maybe they need common sense as their anti-drug.

"Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bullshit blah"
----DEA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Drug ads [Re: Majk526]
    #1043533 - 11/11/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The ads seem to be targeted at people who don't do drugs and hate everyone that does. Anyone who has smoked pot will watch them and think "This is retarded."

By the way, great signature.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #1048519 - 11/13/02 02:15 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

and the stop smoking ads.  its kinda funny that the government is spliting their money between the ads to stop smoking and between the tobacco farmers. but hey. you can't make everyone happy.... :crazy:

OfflineHazyCannibus
Hazy CannibusPorches
Loc: Colorado
    #1049707 - 11/13/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck Freevibe.com! Everyone on this site should be saying the same thing. I don't know how many people on this site use marijuana for personal or medicinal purposes but those propaganda commercials are fucked up! Has anyone seen the one were 2 kids are sitting there one kid has a bong in his hand, and they show like 3 senarios and the third senario is were the kid shoots the other kid. That is the most absured thing I have ever seen. At freevibe you can contact them. I say everyone should contact them and voice their opinion. The site also has some very misleading info about mushrooms. They make mushrooms out to be way worse then they are.

--------------------
"We trip the shrooms fantastic and shit gets drastic so check it out"-311

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Drug ads [Re: HazyCannibus]
    #1054732 - 11/15/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think that is the worst one of the ads /\/\/\

These two kids are just retarted to begin with. I'm sure if you studied the statistics, MANY MANY more gun accidents happen from kids who are just stupid and not kids who are stoned.

Find condolence in the facts: these commercials dont work. A study also showed that DARE had adverse effects and they needed to go back to the drawing board.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1058902 - 11/16/02 08:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i just went to that site and sent them a complaint, now that i think about it, they're prolly gonna think im some hardcore druggie who is gonna shoot my fellow pot smoking friend

Anonymous

#1058910 - 11/16/02 08:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone I know thinks these ads are stupid. My dad, who is against drug use, was laughing at the commercial where a kid shot his friend when they were stoned.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Drug ads [Re: Anonymous]
    #1066271 - 11/19/02 12:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've noticed that anti-drug ads are going less and less for fact and instead for shock value. Seems they've run out of "facts" to spin and manipulate.

OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
Re: Drug ads [Re: YidakiMan]
    #1066582 - 11/19/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I never knew what awful propaganda those ads were until I started using drugs.

Once, just ONCE, I saw a worthy anti-drug ad. A bunch of kids, sitting around smoking a joint, one of them begins a little mental monologue...'Should I toke? Will the other kids think I'm a loser if I say no? It doesn't look that bad...but I don't really want to...blah blah blah'. So the joint gets to him. He says 'No thanks'. And the kid with the joint says 'Cool' and passes it on to the next kid.

Simple. Rather than spouting hysterical nonsense, it merely suggested that its okay NOT to do drugs. Which is true.

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: Drug ads [Re: Discordja]
    #1067541 - 11/19/02 08:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That was a good anti-drug ad, if there is such a thing. I don't have a problem if they say it's OK to choose not to do drugs, but these retarded propoganda type commercials they're making now just make me so infuriated I could kick in the TV. But instead I just mute it till its over. They've forced me to sit with the remote always at the ready. Bastards. :mad:

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Drug ads [Re: Anonymous]
    #1067634 - 11/19/02 08:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My post is not about anything related to these commercials. But my story does involve a person who is very against drugs of any type, so it is applicable in the sense that it shows that anti drug propaganda is innaccurate and misleading.

I know someone named "T". "T" has a long history of getting in trouble because of marijuana. Not only was he busted for growing it, but he was busted in high school metal shop for making a bowl. "T"s mom thinks that marijuana makes the user turn into a raving homicidal lunatic, who would not think twice about slitting someone's throat. "T" came into the kitchen one day and a bag fell out of his pocket. "T"'s mom saw it and screamed for her husband(in a voice full of fear), "Get in here fast! "T" is high!!".

He he he

RandalFlagg

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Drug ads [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1067909 - 11/19/02 09:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting, Randal T. Flagg, interesting...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Drug ads [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1070340 - 11/20/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In response to:

"I know someone named "T". "T" has a long history of getting in trouble because of marijuana. Not only was he busted for growing it, but he was busted in high school metal shop for making a bowl."

Not a very long history there.. =) Also thats not getting in trouble because of marijuana, thats getting in trouble because the of the law.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1070948 - 11/20/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Here's the questions from their "WHAT'S THE TRUTH on Majijuana" quiz:

"There are NO consequences to smoking marijuana. choose >

Marijuana is unsafe. choose >"

Geeee, um, the first one doesn't seem right, there are some sort of consequences for everything.......hmmmmmm.......I'll go with the second one!!!

">Marijuana can make you look like a gritball. choose >

Marijuana can make you look like a supermodel. choose >"

Well, gee, it's gotta be one or the other, right? Supermodel? Or better yet: Super Gritball !!!

" Marijuana might make you lose the good friends you have-and make some bad ones. choose >

Marijuana will help you make classy friends choose >"

Sheeesh. I guess everything is mutually exclusive in the world of "TRUTH".

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1071015 - 11/20/02 04:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Here's some of the juicier bits from freevibe's "FACT LOWDOWN" on "Hallucinogens":

"AKA: acid, cid, blotter, illusion, lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD, magic mushrooms, mushrooms, shrooms, PCP or Angel Dust."

PCP, Angel Dust? Those are dissasociatives last time i checked.
Hey MAN, you got any lysergic acid diethylamide??? Huh? do ya??

"Hallucinogens, big surprise, are drugs that make you hallucinate. "

Ok. Thanks for the LOWDOWN

"Occasionally, heart or lung failure can occur. "

Oh really? Maybe after a couple hundred thousand hits. Maybe.

"But the real problem with hallucinogens is they distort users sense of reality. "

Hahahah. I won't even get started on this one!

"Trippers may even sit in the corner doing strange, repetitive movements, like picking scabs. "

Funny shit.

"(A flashback is like a re-lapse--science hasn't totally figured out what the deal is, but it's like your brain "flashes back" to your previous trip. It's never good, and freaks you and everyone around you out.) "

OK! Thanks for the LOWDOWN.

"Most of these drugs are prepared in underground labs and there is no guarantee that what you're getting isn't mixed with something else."

Yeah!! Like they might mix a hit of blotter with CRACK COCAINE!!! Then you'd REALLY be fucked!

"Unfortunately, taking too much can kill you. And no one ever knows exactly how much "too much" really is."

Actually they do. It's called the LD50. And it is outrageously high for psilocybin/sin and LSD.

Thanks for the FACTS, cocksuckers!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order