Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCousin Fatty
Stranger
My other mushroom crisis-need compost?
    #1031492 - 11/07/02 07:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My other crisis,

I hope some of you can help me with this. I have a sealed rye berry bag from a mushroom kit I ordered from Homestead, and it's somewhat cultivated. Here's the situation: I thought the rye bag was a dud because it just stopped growing and there is only a light dusting of white mycelium on it. So the nice people at the vendor I bought it from said they would send me another one. But in the meantime, since I've got this rye bag (that may be a dud, but might possibly have some mushroom potential) I figure what have I got to lose if I try to make it grow as an experiment. And that leads me to my question for you: Where can I get compost or manure or whatever it is that is sterile that I can plant these berries in? The kit I bought comes with a rye berry bag and a bag of compost (manure/whatever), but I don't what to open that up until I get the new rye berry bag.

In my browsing through Google newsgroups, I've come across CaptainMax at Sporelabs and he seems to be the only one I can find who sells sterile, usable compost. But, there is A LOT of flaming and badtalking going on about this CaptainMax person. But then I see his name here on your forum and he doesn't seem so bad. So I don't know who to trust.

Thank you in advance for going to the trouble of reading through this (and the other long rant). And tell me if this is the appropriate category to post in. For the love of god all I want is some fruit!!! I bought stuff from SporeWorks (as you can see in my previous post) as a backup in case this kit didn't go right, and NEITHER of them worked right ! ! ! Friggin crap this sucks ! ! ! !

Bye!

Cousin Fatty

Edited by Anno (11/07/02 09:29 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: My other mushroom crisis-need compost? [Re: Cousin Fatty]
    #1031817 - 11/07/02 10:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Compost works great but it helps to have nice healthy mycellium. Yours doesn't sound too strong.

And I wouldn't read to much into the constant crap you'll find on adm. it's always filled with flamers.

I tried some www.sporelab.com compost, it worked great. Here's some Thai...

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1031908 - 11/07/02 11:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You don't need to waste your money on packaged compost. Are there no horses in your area?

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Anonymous

Re: My other mushroom crisis-need compost? [Re: dog]
    #1031963 - 11/07/02 11:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If someone wants compost, they are certainly not wasting thier money by buying it. You obviously don't know how long or how much work it takes to make quality compost!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1031994 - 11/07/02 11:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

it's not presterile, but i've heard descent things about scott's 3 'n 1. if you can get horse dung i recomend it highly. i am thinking about doing a 3 'n 1 and cow dookie mix.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation