Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Holy fuckin SHIT i checked up on one of my terrariums this morning and the fucker was INFESTED with molds!!!!! PINK AND GREEN!!! AIEEEEE!!!! good thing is, none of the cakes/caseings were effected! just the PERLITE i rescued the cakes/caseings and tossed them in my other non-infected terrarium.
then i chucked the perlite, and bleached teh fuck out of the rubbermaid....
has anyone else had this happen before? i had plenty of h202 in my perlite water... why the fuck was this terrarium infested yet the other one was fine.... strange thing is, this perlite is newer than the non infested perlite.... i just dont understand wtf happened.. perhaps its cuz it had alot of water in it? man im pissed..... ive never had to deal with a big time contamination before.... i figured it would strike my old terrarium, not the new one!!! i thought there was not enuff nutrients on perlite for mold to grow... but boy was i wrong, that shit was covered in pink and green fuzzies.... should i toss the cakes that were in there? they seem to be doing just fine.... not a hint of mold on em... (they were all 1st flush cakes)
Sorry for the cross post i just realised that this belongs here not in culitvation..
Sounds like too much water.. or unsterilized terrarium..
-------------------- "Every success takes us all closer to the day when this information is so widespread that no-one will ever be able to stop it or destroy it. On that day, the 'War on Drugs' will be over forever." ~ Shroomery FAQ