Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Karma.
    #9896358 -

Lately some events have been happening in not only my life, but to others around me that I believe reflected their actions in the past. Some may have been a little harsh (acquaintance got into a car wreck), but I believe it could have been karma nonetheless. I don't believe karma rules my life, but I think it has more "shaped" me and my daily actions. (If you're thinking my belief is pointless, think about religion :smirk:)

So my question to the pubs is.. Do you believe in it?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9896441 -

Bad choices generally end in bad consequences, if that's what you mean.

"Karma" is just a silly hippie word to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: Brugman]
    #9896450 -

Just by looking at some of the people around me I can tell you karma is bullshit.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9896580 -

Not really, but I do believe in cause and effect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #9896675 -

CokedUpHobit64 said:
Just by looking at some of the people around me I can tell you karma is bullshit.



I can understand that. It doesn't necessarily disprove my belief but yea, (but then again, flying spaghetti monster example..) theres plenty of people who have it too good for who they are and what they do, and vice versa for people who could use some good fortune who pretty much live for others.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #9896702 -

wtf - anyone who thinks that their actions are without consequence is fucking retarded. that is basically karma.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: Platinum]
    #9896718 -

here no speak no see no!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9896734 -

i dont believe in karma at all. although my boss who tried to fuck me over and fire me multiple times did get laid off today...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: uber_aj]
    #9896744 -

so wait, you all do things without consequence? teach me plz? this would have helped last year when i got raided by narcs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: Platinum]
    #9896761 -

I don't think anyone is doubting the relationship of cause and effect, I think he is questioning the things that don't necessarily have a cause and effect - but is there still cause or effect? Ie situations where you may make bad decisions but still 'get away with it' (ie. Cheat on your girlfriend, steal from a liquor store, lie to  a friend etc)

How do these effect your life? Did his friend getting into a car accident have to do with his stealing from the store? Do bad things happen to bad people because they are bad people?


My general opinion on the matter is that yes, eventually what goes around comes around. If you wouldn't want someone doing it to you, don't do it to others, the golden rule


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: Platinum]
    #9896773 -

Karma is just a hippy word for cause and effect.

So in hippy language, yes i believe in karma.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: Platinum]
    #9896790 -

consequences are not the same as karma. of course there are occasionally consequences to my actions. however, blaming karma for getting raided by narcs is absurd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9896821 -

Karma, in a sense, is real.

We live in a huge "super halogram" and everything within it reflects upon that halogram, like in fractals. With that in mind, our thoughts and actions reflect upon what happens around us. If you weren't aware of the existence of money, and thus didn't understand its value, you would probably rather have an apple over a 100 dollar bill if both were offered to you. In totality, how you perceive life shows up in your actions.

Example:
If China thought it needed to bulk up in weapons, it will bulk up in weapons. Without that triggering force of needing to bulk up in weapons, China would never do so. And if nations before us never had the thought of warring with others, they would have never done so.

Everything around you is a reflection of what we think and what our conscious perceives to be reality.
Next time you look at a microwave, don't see it as its function; rather, see it as a compilation of chemical compounds, and subsequently atoms. In that aspect, it is no different than a television or a radio. But we perceive it to be a microwave, making it a microwave, ultimately changing how we value it.


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: uber_aj]
    #9896827 -

i believe there are forces such as karma that are necessary in balancing out the universe. seems like logic to me.


--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: uber_aj]
    #9896845 -

uber_aj said:
consequences are not the same as karma. of course there are occasionally consequences to my actions. however, blaming karma for getting raided by narcs is absurd.



im very aware. i was joking.

Edited by Platinum (03/02/09 01:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: hotkarl]
    #9896857 -

hotkarl said:
I don't think anyone is doubting the relationship of cause and effect, I think he is questioning the things that don't necessarily have a cause and effect - but is there still cause or effect? Ie situations where you may make bad decisions but still 'get away with it' (ie. Cheat on your girlfriend, steal from a liquor store, lie to  a friend etc)

How do these effect your life? Did his friend getting into a car accident have to do with his stealing from the store? Do bad things happen to bad people because they are bad people?


My general opinion on the matter is that yes, eventually what goes around comes around. If you wouldn't want someone doing it to you, don't do it to others, the golden rule



Exactly the kind of thing I was going for.

Karma could be blamed or attributed to almost anything (so general that it is hard to prove or disprove like religion, sorry to any fanatics). It could be considered a consequence for an action but it doesnt necessarily happen immediately. Sort of like a building up.

I'm not going to say karma was the cause of Platinum's raid because I don't know the full story, but it's a possibility. Like I had said, I don't believe karma is involved in everything, Platinum may have just made a simple mistake in his op.; It just helps me justify and/or prevent actions. There can always be something more you don't know about a situation, so I choose to give it the benefit of the doubt and take the higher road.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9896963 -

ElementsToLife said:
hotkarl said:
I don't think anyone is doubting the relationship of cause and effect, I think he is questioning the things that don't necessarily have a cause and effect - but is there still cause or effect? Ie situations where you may make bad decisions but still 'get away with it' (ie. Cheat on your girlfriend, steal from a liquor store, lie to  a friend etc)

How do these effect your life? Did his friend getting into a car accident have to do with his stealing from the store? Do bad things happen to bad people because they are bad people?


My general opinion on the matter is that yes, eventually what goes around comes around. If you wouldn't want someone doing it to you, don't do it to others, the golden rule



Exactly the kind of thing I was going for.

Karma could be blamed or attributed to almost anything (so general that it is hard to prove or disprove like religion, sorry to any fanatics). It could be considered a consequence for an action but it doesnt necessarily happen immediately. Sort of like a building up.

I'm not going to say karma was the cause of Platinum's raid because I don't know the full story, but it's a possibility. Like I had said, I don't believe karma is involved in everything, Platinum may have just made a simple mistake in his op.; It just helps me justify and/or prevent actions. There can always be something more you don't know about a situation, so I choose to give it the benefit of the doubt and take the higher road.



i wasnt blaming karma for getting in trouble. my point there was all sarcasm. the point i was making was "you can do things without consequences? how do you do this, i would not have gotten in trouble then!" - meaning... if things went without consequence i wouldnt have gotten in trouble. it was sarcastic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: Platinum]
    #9897031 -

Platinum said:
i wasnt blaming karma for getting in trouble. my point there was all sarcasm. the point i was making was "you can do things without consequences? how do you do this, i would not have gotten in trouble then!" - meaning... if things went without consequence i wouldnt have gotten in trouble. it was sarcastic.



I understood the sarcasm actually, note the possibility and benefit of the doubt portion. As i've said a few times now, karma doesn't rule in every situation. How society judges things is only a small part of karma itself. Karma runs on YOUR actions, and what you believe is truthfully right.  Because society chose to make growing illegal, you're automatically a bad person in the eyes of the law; Wherein reality you're doing something that doesn't harm or effect anybody negatively and could possibly help others. (Aside from a few munchie runs, but hey, it's still economic stimulation.)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9897063 -

Karma is just a cute word people like to use to justify random bullshit. 

Personally, I believe that there doesn't have to be balance.  That a person can win more than they lose and vice versa.  The only person really keeping score is yourself.  How far down or up you are has more to do with your perspective than anything.





I do believe in an occasional instant karma, though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma. [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9897090 -

In my world karma is:
Associating a current pleasurable or painful experience to a previous one from memory.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What if there is no Karma?
( 1 2 all )
Scolecite 2,066 22 05/03/04 12:34 AM
by Viveka
* America's Karma? Ravus 989 18 08/03/05 05:12 PM
by Todcasil
* Fuck Karma! The World is Governed by Chaos
( 1 2 all )
pantsboy 3,581 29 08/12/06 02:35 PM
by notapillow
* What does karma mean?
( 1 2 all )
Fliquid 2,526 33 07/06/04 11:42 PM
by Hooty
* Karma bhamlaxy 1,389 14 02/03/07 10:34 PM
by eligal
* UNBELIEVABLE KARMA STORY! my mom won 500$ hoopershroomer 1,660 9 12/14/06 12:40 AM
by hoopershroomer
* so i got drunk again, i hate drinking even when i do it responsibly. BAD COP KARMA, HELPPPPP!!! kingofthemtn151 1,018 5 12/19/05 01:06 AM
by fathertracy
* . z_x_x_z 698 13 07/07/07 06:53 PM
by Left Nut City

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,577 topic views. 2 members, 16 guests and 95 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.