Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Homemade Martha PVC Size Question?
    #9857246 -

Hi
    How's it going? If I wanted to make a homemade Martha with PVC, what size PVC would you recommend? The overall dimensions would be 7' tall, 3' wide, and 3 feet deep (3'x3'x7'). I was thinking 2" PVC - but that might be over kill, plus the larger fittings are more expensive? 1" or 1 1/2" might be sturdy enough. I guess I would have T's and cross braces on each side in the middle somewhere to strengthen the frame. Thanks for any input.

Shaq

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homemade Martha PVC Size Question? [Re: ShaqAttack]
    #9857381 -

ShaqAttack said:
Hi
    How's it going? If I wanted to make a homemade Martha with PVC, what size PVC would you recommend? The overall dimensions would be 7' tall, 3' wide, and 3 feet deep (3'x3'x7'). I was thinking 2" PVC - but that might be over kill, plus the larger fittings are more expensive? 1" or 1 1/2" might be sturdy enough. I guess I would have T's and cross braces on each side in the middle somewhere to strengthen the frame. Thanks for any input.

Shaq



The general trend is to buy a free-standing set of plastic shelves and then build a PVC frame that sits around that. Then the PVC frame is covered with plastic sheeting.

I don't think most people actually build the shelves and whatnot out of PVC as well.

I just finished putting together my greenhouse project as I described above, I'll get a picture up later.

I used 1" PVC for the frame because it was the best value.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homemade Martha PVC Size Question? [Re: freespeech]
    #9857563 -

I would use at least 1 inch so you have some decent support..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homemade Martha PVC Size Question? [Re: Damion5050]
    #9857910 -

one inch sched 40 should work but before you get into it, search mini-greenhouses on ebay or google and compare prices, I bet you'd get a greenhouse pre-fab for what you will spend building one and it will be less time consuming and trouble free in the long run.  My time is worth money so it may be different for you.  You can get a mini green house for $30 and it has shelves.  Add a cool mist and you are growing.


--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homemade Martha PVC Size Question? [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9858255 -

if you have any central vacuum installers in your area, we use 2" pvc thin wall special for vacuums. we get the straight pipe at 29 to 40cents/ft  and the T joints are about  1-2$ per. Usually the installers are willing to sell them to you, or find them online. may not be as convenient or cost effective but just thought id inform u

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homemade Martha PVC Size Question? [Re: bloomersooner]
    #9870088 -

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it. I've seen all the green houses. I have a unique space that has a 3' x 3' x 8' cubby hole and I want to maximize the space and the only real way to do that is a custom tent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Treasure Coast Size Question??? Please help.. Anonymous 1,624 6 06/27/02 12:35 AM
by rhetor
* Terrarium Size question ottoreck 1,435 6 08/15/01 10:02 PM
by dimitri211
* 1/4 pint jars - size question AdamShroom 862 6 05/13/03 11:36 AM
by bansheee
* Hydrapod...homemade? Mycelium69 1,278 3 06/06/02 05:24 PM
by shrogg
* martha luckytriple6 731 2 08/21/04 12:09 PM
by Worf
* URGENT Terrarium Question Phake_ld 908 4 10/15/01 09:30 PM
by hippy_lettuce
* Humidifcation setup question? MoTo-X-RaCeR 813 2 12/08/02 06:47 AM
by rhizo
* Question about my cakes HerbalPotion 384 10 03/02/18 11:56 AM
by HerbalPotion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
866 topic views. 7 members, 107 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.