Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else?
    #9825301 -

Went hiking yesterday and found nothing growing from dung or soil = slow start to the season Central Florida. Last year at this time I was finding actives. The cold snaps and freezes this year have had an impact.

This looks like a paintball shot, but I think not. Any guesses?




Is this Ganoderma?  Is this a good specimen to simmer and make Reishi tea?  thanks in advance.




Same thing with the white shelf fungus - Is it a type of Ganoderma?  Is the white kind a good specimen to eat? or make Reishi tea?










I don't usually resort to looking for shelf fungus but I switched gears 1/2 way into my hunt to look for Gyms...no luck as of yet...really bummed nothing and I mean nothing was growing in dung or in the soil...in my opinion due to the unseasonbly colder weather here.



peace and happy hunting ya'll:tongue:


--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #9825318 -

I also just got back from a C. FL hunt and yielded nothing but some solitary, firm, porous mushrooms, and one peculiar orange-gilled mushroom. Though, I saw tons of those white shelves everywhere. It would be interesting if they were useful whatsoever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: ThorAxe1]
    #9825431 -

I believe they are useful...at least for decomposing dead or decaying trees...but I believe they are useful for us as well...I'm trying to confirm their ID and make use of them.



.


--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #9825480 -

I can't imagine somebody trying to munch down one of those. In an attempt to collect one of them, i spent a minute or so trying to kick it off of a tree with no success.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #9825668 -

That's a paintball mark.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #9825740 -

Finally. Some rain. Tomorrow is looking like a good day for hunting. :]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9825956 -

Mr. Mushrooms said:
That's a paintball mark.



Ah crap, so I shouldn't have ate it then?:stoned: Dang it to hell...hahaha

Seriously though?  any idea?


A few more pics from the wild paintball shooter...















thx


--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #9826101 -

It's a paintballer who either got lost or couldn't find anyone to shoot.  I see this all the time when I hunt.  They don't seem to fuck with the mushrooms so I don't care.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9826196 -

heeheehee, yeah right, out where I hunt some 12-gauge-double-ott buck shot casings are about the only plastic that I see:ooo:

Ok since I can't buy any facts around here...can I at least buy a vowel? 






:grin:


--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #9826275 -

Its a crust fungus, ask Tom Volk about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #9827883 -

We have straight men around here.  It just isn't me from time to time.

:grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2/18 C. FL - Paintball or fungi or something else? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9829759 -

:FattyNoneck:


--------------------
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
  -Willy Wonka



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What is this December Tree Fungi from FL? World Spirit 1,632 12 01/19/05 04:12 PM
by Holly
* I found about ten species on cenratl FL cow field how many actives are out there in FL? homegrownusa 991 3 06/13/06 04:05 PM
by Koala Koolio
* Help ID'ing a FL species Shroomfish 2,461 9 08/23/11 11:28 AM
by lostintime420
* Found in Orlando, FL Innominate 754 3 09/09/05 03:00 PM
by Innominate
* Ganoderma lucidum... LouiseLouise 2,948 9 06/21/05 01:34 PM
by LouiseLouise
* Do any fungi leave behind hard durable mycelium? Baby_Hitler 1,770 14 12/25/04 09:50 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Ganoderma lucidum? whiteknight 2,633 13 08/19/23 09:29 AM
by sir gilles
* Big Ganoderma lucidum mushrx1 2,737 10 08/27/06 12:01 PM
by mushrx1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,511 topic views. 0 members, 15 guests and 53 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.