Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
results of "the hunt"
    #976561 - 10/20/02 10:41 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

well i drove about 100 miles south to atlanta on saturday to find a weilli.  left the house around 7am and got to atlanta around 9am.  i remembered someone posting that they had found weilli just north of atlanta, so i began hunting business parks north outside atlanta.  the first one i went to i found several non-actives and a little dying dry shroom with a nice nipple and bluish/purple stem which was probably caused by the spores.  it had a weird lipstick smell, but because of the age of the thing I didn't think it was weilli or least I wasn't sure and it wouldn't bruise because of its age.

for the next 8 hours i searched, searched, and searched all over the marietta, roswell, alpharietta vicinity without ANY luck.  i bet i walk close to 10 miles if not more.  i had given up hope.  i was hungry and tired, but i was having a good time just looking....knowing that at any time i may see a weilli trying to hide from me.  even though i was not finding anything, i was enjoying "the hunt".  i felt like one of those treasure hunters in the middle of the gulf, looking for shipwreck treasures.  then thats when i saw somethin.

i came across this business park that had some beautiful green bermuda grass with a nice sidewalk winding around the grass.  i said, "ok one more hike and i'll head home."  the sun is setting.....the grass is already getting a little wet from dew...and i see this shroom.  it was a non-active tan shroom with little hairs (see em all over my wife's flower garden back in sc).  as i am picking it up, i notice this cluster of white looking shrooms with a brownish rings hiding in the grass about a couple of feet away.  I kneed my way over to the cluster and  picked up one of the larger shrooms and smelled it.....cheap lipstick!  then i noticed that it was bruising blue like crazy!  holy shit!  after eight hours, many many miles walked, and with the persistence of kudzoo i finally found my treasure.  there were not many in the cluster, about six, but i felt goodand i wasn't tired anymore  :laugh:  i picked the rest of them and man do these things get pissed off when you pick um.....they turn blue immediatley they are so mad. 

i now realized i spent more then half of the day looking in the wrong places and i believe i have the habitat down or at least better then i did before my trip.  as i was leaving atlanta i decided to hit another park outside of atlanta.....and boooom two more weiliis!  in the picture below notice the small one with the nipple.  this is one of the one's i found outside of atlanta.  it didn't bruise blue immediately and i wasn't sure it was weilli, except that it had the lipstick smell.  it eventually bruised blue.

now that i have the habitat, i will be looking here in sc.  i have money down that they are around.

now the big question, what the hell do i do with them!!!!!  i haven't tripped since 92.  hell, i was just enjoying looking.  never really thought too much what i would do if i found the suckers!

forgive the pictures, all i have is a webcam so they are not the greatest pitcures.

If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

Edited by subterranean (10/20/02 10:43 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: results of "the hunt" [Re: subterranean]
    #976628 - 10/20/02 11:22 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

thats funny... I went on the same day as you, close to the same areas. I, however, went with my girl so I only got to look for about 2 hours. I too hit business parks and found a old dry-as-hell weilii right off the bat, then nothing after that.

here are the picts

as for what to do with them.... I decided to go ahead and eat this little mushie last night. So i cut it up and steeped it with a tea bag in some water. I wasnt expecting anything... but i'll be damned if it wasnt potent enough to bring me to the threshold and gave me some really good, although mild visuals..... i mean... off that small, old weilii! who knew?!

the tea was surprisingly good.. the mushroom added a sort of spice to the tea and it wasnt unpleasant with the added sugar. Make sure to eat the bits that art floating the tea... or blend them up in water first adn then steep it with tea so there are no chunks.

or hell.. just eat em!

congrats, its s great feeling eh?!

my signature is too long

From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: results of "the hunt" [Re: subterranean]
    #976882 - 10/20/02 01:35 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Nice find sub. After 100 miles and 8 hours of walking, I bet you were just elated to score those. They look to pretty good sized too.

The south has been very productive with Weilli's this year. Let us know what you find in SC.

Loc: Southern United States
Re: results of "the hunt" [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #977437 - 10/20/02 06:22 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

yea,they are potent,i made the mistake and ate 6 large caps the first time (fresh ones)

blew my mind ;0)

Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: results of "the hunt" [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #978066 - 10/20/02 10:44 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Wow man, we sure are attracting a good bit of people to the great state of GA with these weilii! People seem to be pretty sucsessful too! I'm glad people are enjoying these mushrooms, just don't forget to keep it low profile, it won't be long with these many people picking them before local police figure it out. I know two people who have already had run ins with police while picking weilii in new subdivisions. Its always because a neighbor calls about a weirdo bent over in the grass doing something in peoples yards and they are worried. I try and hold the mushrooms up in plain sight while picking so people know what I'm doing, they may still think I'm a weirdo, but they always leave it at that, they have no clue the mushrooms are hallucinogenic. I guess all I'm saying is have fun but at the same time be very careful and don't foget what your doing is very illegal, and if caught in the state of GA there are mandatory minimums for mushrooms possesion, starting at 3 years prison time! The bible belt isn't friendly when it comes to mushrooms!

Nice pics and mushrooms btw!! Enjoy them :smile:

Edited by Lizard King (10/20/02 10:49 PM)

One of thoseannoying lil'shroom-eatingmaggots
Loc: Northeast Georgia
Re: results of "the hunt" [Re: Lizard King]
    #978109 - 10/20/02 10:56 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

picking in business parks on weekends = win!
I've found about 140 over the past couple or three weekends.
no snooty subdivision people for me!

Re: results of "the hunt" [Re: SomeBum]
    #978396 - 10/21/02 12:53 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

funny stuff, somebum, that what i did to find that little old weilii too..... yet there were people there (about 4) and they stared at us like we were nuts, so we just acted like we were really really board, picking up sticks and poking eachother with them :smile: 

my signature is too long

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification