Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
Adopt a noobie
    #972784 - 10/18/02 04:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Would any of you pros out there be willing to take an intelligent but frustrated noobie under your wing? I think it is a great way to give back to the community, one rookie at a time.

I for one, am reluctant to post information on a public forum. If I knew I had someone that was willing to respond to private messages, and allow me to sit at their knee, that would be cool.

I am especially frustrated at my ability to produce fruits. Have tried different casing recipes, looking for expertise.

I particularly admire: mycofile, sixtango, roadkill, Anno, and many, many others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Adopt a noobie [Re: Major_Buzz]
    #972794 - 10/18/02 04:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

read faqs, and posts. and ask specific questions.

if you still need help, i'll help you with what i know, but i am not close to an expert. good luck.

de-=-

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #972803 - 10/18/02 04:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

FIRST:
Read the FAQ and the links in there.:
www.shroomery.org/faq

AFTER you have done it, and you still have questions, you can PM me.

But be warned, I won?t answer any questions that are in the FAQ. :wink:   

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #972826 - 10/18/02 04:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Newbie ........ you named some of the best folks around here , if you ask them intelligent questions they will help you , they will even answer some of the more goofy ones . I'm sure if you would prefer they wiil answer questions you PM to them . Just reach out and ask for help , gotta take some risks or it will just pass you by .
There is one thing even the best can't help you with ....the actuall hands on part , unless they live close to you and want take risk of meeting you . So get ready to rely on your own instincts to guide you through some of what growing mushies has to offer . Get books ....read all you can , even stuff that does not pertain to method you chose to follow .
Good Luck
:cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
    #972859 - 10/18/02 05:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i belive we are all here to teach and learn, as long as the question hasnt been beat to DEATH, most of us dont get angry when people ask...
shit i ask stupid questions all the time...
but i search earnstly before asking.....
i would be happy to answer any of your questions.....
tho im no expert.. i just finished my 1st grow cycle (working on prints right now)
im quite happy with my results.....
i belive i was able to avoid alot of mistakes thanks to the wonderful people here on the shroomery....

im afraid i can only help you with cakes at the moment....
tho i will be trying a simple BRF/coir-verm caseing in the very near future....
PM me whenever u like and we can share notes.....

[hyp]

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #972881 - 10/18/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Once you start growing, its a lot easier to ask q's as you go. its a lot of info to take in at once. after your first grow, you'll be set. it takes time and reading....just like every other skill.

de-=-

OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
Re: Adopt a noobie [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #972902 - 10/18/02 05:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Here are a couple of my issues.
I believe I have had overlay in each of my casings. I recently purchased a greenhouse like this one:

I am also running a cool mist humidifier. The casings have been in the greenhouse for just over a week. The casing is looking matted, rather than all soft and fluffy, and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the trays. In one tray I am using only vermiculite, while the other is a mixture of coir, verm, and agrcultural lime pictured here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=932048&Forum=Forum2&Words=another%20lime%20question&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=932048&Search=true#Post932048

thanks for your help!

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
    #974232 - 10/19/02 05:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well, ive never done caseings before, so take everything i say with a grain of salt...
it sounds like you either birthed them too late, or your pinning stratagy is not working...
did you drop the temprature?
perhaps you need to cut back on humidity a little bit
or allow for more fresh air exchange....
from what ive read, thats what signals the myc that its time to fruit.... TEMP, c02 levels, and light....

[hyp]

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #974254 - 10/19/02 06:10 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe you already know this, but I'll offer it up as a possibility.

Be real careful with how much lime you use because mycelium ain't happy in overly alkaline conditions (i.e. high ph). I initially had a problem with my mycelium similar to what your describing. I was using hydrated lime at the time and it seems that I used a bit too much. Once I finally got a ph test kit, I determined that my casing ph was over 9 (i.e. not good).

Next time, i used less lime, my ph = 7.... presto! box full-o-shrooms.

I'd also cover the sides of that greenhouse thingy leaving only the top for light to come in. It may not be necessary, but that's how mine is. I'm sure somoebody can elaborate further on the need for that or lack thereof.

peace -

J

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Invisibletripndicular

#974502 - 10/19/02 10:00 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am no master , but perhaps I may lead you in direction of help .
Keep humidity up up during run in casing . And mist that casing , you want it as damp as possible" prior" to pinning (not soaking wet , just on the verge ) .
Is this green house outside ? If so you may need to find a way to drop temps inside , where I am that would be a "hot" house inside .
If you really have "overlay" you can rake(scratch) surface and lightly recase , but this adds to possibilty of contams . Casing water content must then be corrected or overlay will happen again.
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
    #974524 - 10/19/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm just starting out to and this is kind of a crazy hobby/activity to take part in but just like any other illeagal botany theres always people trying to spread there herb or in this case mushroom.

Your mycealium pulling away from the sides kinda sounds like there drying out but I don't know about that just hoping somebody will either agree or tell me why I'm wrong.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Adopt a noobie [Re: user_exists]
    #974531 - 10/19/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

It could also just be a sign that the mycelium is consuming nutrients , thus soil appears to shrink away from sides .  :smirk: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix